Newbie Question About Carbon Filters

• Thread starter MobyBear
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MobyBear

MobyBear

Had a question for the group. First time using carbon filters for exhaust. Any risk of fire or anything I should be worried about with it being close to the LED? It’s a small space so not space between them as you can see in pic. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Newbie question about carbon filters
JustGrowWithIt

JustGrowWithIt

Should be just fine. Are you using a thermal blanket as a reflector?

MobyBear

MobyBear

I am, should I switch it out? A buddy has some free so thought I’d give it a shot. Been a couple weeks haven’t seen any adverse reactions but open to thoughts suggestions if you have any. Thanks!

JustGrowWithIt

JustGrowWithIt

I am, should I switch it out? A buddy has some free so thought I’d give it a shot. Been a couple weeks haven’t seen any adverse reactions but open to thoughts suggestions if you have any. Thanks!
I've just seen people mention not to use tin foil as it can focus light and cause hot spots, I feel a similar premise would apply to that material you are using. Hopefully someone else sees this thread so they can chime in. Loads of people use something like this hvac insulator. Most hardware stores carry it or a variation of it.

Screenshot 20210729 203244 DuckDuckGo
MobyBear

MobyBear

A few weeks off from flowering but just installed the exhaust fan so figured while I was in there I’d add the filter

MobyBear

MobyBear

Is this a tent?
No it’s actually a big wooden free standing cabinet that pretty deep and tall. Went w LED’s bc they do not get too hot. Temp stay between 75 and 80 w lights on. Down to 65-70 with lights off, prob lower in winter.

MobyBear

MobyBear

I've just seen people mention not to use tin foil as it can focus light and cause hot spots, I feel a similar premise would apply to that material you are using. Hopefully someone else sees this thread so they can chime in. Loads of people use something like this hvac insulator. Most hardware stores carry it or a variation of it.
Good tip, will check this out!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

20201205 153016
Madmax

Madmax

Do you have a dust cover for the filter to stop dust clogging it..

Last edited:
Top Bottom