Newbie question...clones are looking bad....

• Thread starter jimjam63
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jimjam63

jimjam63

2 weeks ago I bought 4 clones and brought them home. They were very healthy and I was going to plant them in a bed from last year, but windy conditions forced me to move them into the back of my garage, It gets good sun all day and they were doing great....until 2 days ago. Now they look like this...it happened like overnight. Are they doomed or can they be saved? Actually one is fine and three are doing this.....
Clones01
Clones03

NorthernOrganics

NorthernOrganics

Were these rooted clones when you bought them? What are they growing in? And what does "good sun all day" mean?

jimjam63

jimjam63

Am I in the wrong section of this forum? I need growing advice.

NorthernOrganics

NorthernOrganics

Any signs of bugs? Have you been overwatering at all? It looks like it could have root or bug issues. Looks like it also might be trying to flower and not getting enough light intensity. Hard to help out with so little information. Pics of the whole plant and any more info you can give about it's environment and nutrients would help us help you.

jimjam63

jimjam63

Any signs of bugs? Have you been overwatering at all? It looks like it could have root or bug issues. Looks like it also might be trying to flower and not getting enough light intensity. Hard to help out with so little information. Pics of the whole plant and any more info you can give about it's environment and nutrients would help us help you.
As far as watering, I was thinking I underwatered them. Leaves would be a little droopy and I'd water good....next day they were fine. They are not getting enough light I'm sure. But I'm putting in 7 gal containers and putting outside despite the 10-15 mph wind. I have 2 now that are too far gone and will pitch. The other two will hopefully do better outside.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
As far as watering, I was thinking I underwatered them. Leaves would be a little droopy and I'd water good....next day they were fine. They are not getting enough light I'm sure. But I'm putting in 7 gal containers and putting outside despite the 10-15 mph wind. I have 2 now that are too far gone and will pitch. The other two will hopefully do better outside.
I think you fried them, they don't need full bright light if they are fresh clones....put them in side or in the shade where they get light but not full power from the sun....They're obviously not ready for it.

Chem77

Chem77

You need to ease them into sunlight, I usually put in the shade first couple days. Especially if it’s intense and hot out. Partly cloudy days are the best the first few days. It’s called hardening them.

Reactions: TSD
Top Bottom