Newbie to Hydro. Major dropping

• Thread starter GulfIslandgrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GulfIslandgrower

GulfIslandgrower

Hey guys, just switching my rooms over to hydro and going through some major learning curves.. please bare with me.

I’m growing in 6” Rockwool cubes which I moved into my flower room 3 days ago. I’m waiting on parts for my drip system to arrive in the mail. I live in a remote area so I’m constantly waiting for parts. Anyhow I have been Hand watering My plants for the past few days. Everything was looking great till I found one majorly limp drooping plant this morning. It didn’t feel to dry nor to wet. The tops of each branch are extremely soft and limp. There is only one other plant showing signs of dropping and only on one branch. They are week 1 flower and getting 450 ppm 5.5 ph. Room is 75-79 F and 55-65% humidity.

My roots aren’t the healthiest looking so maybe that could be factoring in.

Please let me know if there is any other information I can provide.

Cheers

Newbie to hydro major dropping
Newbie to hydro major dropping 2
Newbie to hydro major dropping 3
Oldguy71

Oldguy71

If they’re not overwatered it’s most likely root rot. Do the roots smell like an aquarium? I would water them well with bleach water 5 ml gal for regular household bleach for the first watering and 3 ml per gal for the next few waterings.

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

Water them give then nutes and light. It looks like going through shock. Usually after 24 to 48 hours mine come out of shock. But i water everyday in rockwool

GulfIslandgrower

GulfIslandgrower

The plants range from 20”-26”. What size of plant is ideal for entering the flower cycle in a 6” cube?

Cheers

Too big a plant in too small a root cube and not enough water.i suggest you start watering twice a day.
Too big a plant in too small a root cube and not enough water.i suggest you start watering twice a day.

GulfIslandgrower

GulfIslandgrower

I can honestly say I have never let these plants come close to drying out. This particular plant was quite saturated when I found it like that.

Could heat be a
Majorly underwatered.

GulfIslandgrower

GulfIslandgrower

I just checked my temp highs and lows and it looks like my room spiked up to 98F during the time I’m not there. It appears my Ac has been malfunctioning.

And yes I have been spraying with a light foiler when the lights are off.
What are the temps? Did you spray them with anything?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I just checked my temp highs and lows and it looks like my room spiked up to 98F during the time I’m not there. It appears my Ac has been malfunctioning.

And yes I have been spraying with a light foiler when the lights are off.
Ok well in that case maybe... what are your spraying on them and why? Also when did you start

Latest posts

Top Bottom