Newbie Uk First Time Grower

• Thread starter Beanosk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Beanosk

Beanosk

How y`all doing?

I'm a newbie to all this so here's a low down on what I'm growing and using.

I've just started my first grow in an attempt to grow 2 Critical Autoflowers and hopefully harvest. My setup is in an outdoor shed and consists of:

Strain- Critical + Auto Feminized

Tent-60x60x1.4

Medium- Plant magic soil supreme

Pots- 11L

Lighting- 125w CFL-blue for vegetation

200w CFL-red for flowering

Side lights- 2x35w CFL Spiral

Fan/Extraction-100mm systemair RVK sileo 100E2

Carbon Filter- 100mm Rhino hobby filter 300mm long

Small clip on fan 100mm 2 speed

1 small ultrasonic humidifier

Nuets- General Hydroponic Flora series.

Floragro, Floramicro and Florabloom

Well. I've made it into week 2 with my babies and so far so good. They don't seem to have run into any problems as yet. Or none I can see but only a newbie grower. Growth seems to coming along nicely and pots are starting to dry out now so started just a small watering of 100ml of plain water which has been stood for 24 hrs and had its ph adjusted to 6.1 the same as the initial pot watering before the seedlings went in. Temperatures seem to be running nicely at between 70 and 77. Nightly they have been slightly lower. Still running light cycle at 24hrs as I will continue throughout the Veg phase. Also have good air circulation running both small 4" clip fan at bottom of tent running continuously along with 4" inline extraction fan and carbon filter with variable controller in top of tent also running on a slightly higher than min speed continuously. All in happy with progress.

Please feel free to come back to me with any thoughts or advice.

Last edited by a moderator:
mandalaman

mandalaman

Hey there, welcome to the farm! :D

You can upload your pictures using the "upload a file" button (next to post reply)

There has been shown benefits to having a dark cycle. You may want to look into them.

Look forward to seeing the pics :D

Beanosk

Beanosk

Hey there, welcome to the farm! :D

You can upload your pictures using the "upload a file" button (next to post reply)

There has been shown benefits to having a dark cycle. You may want to look into them.

Look forward to seeing the pics :D
Hey thanks for the welcome. I've just added pics if your interested. Let me know what you think. ✌️

HailTheLeaf

HailTheLeaf

Short and bushy is good, you dont want them tall and lanky. And the dark period is important for flower growth whether its an auto or photoperiod. Either way the auto is gonna flower regardless but 20/4 from seed to harvest seems to work very well with autos. I believe i chopped my critical + auto at day 74.

Beanosk

Beanosk

Short and bushy is good, you dont want them tall and lanky. And the dark period is important for flower growth whether its an auto or photoperiod. Either way the auto is gonna flower regardless but 20/4 from seed to harvest seems to work very well with autos. I believe i chopped my critical + auto at day 74.

Awesome there's some good advice there that I'll take onboard and use. Thanks brother. Should I remove any of the lower leaves? I know some say you should and other say shouldn't. How do you stand on this one?

HailTheLeaf

HailTheLeaf

Awesome there's some good advice there that I'll take onboard and use. Thanks brother. Should I remove any of the lower leaves? I know some say you should and other say shouldn't. How do you stand on this one?
I'd remove the single blades, if you have 3-4 nice sets of fan leaves with 5 or more blades on them id remove the 3 bladed ones and then let her go. You dont want to stunt or stress an auto plant for sure. She will let you know what bottom leaves to remove as you go, tuck and train a little along the way.

Beanosk

Beanosk

I'd remove the single blades, if you have 3-4 nice sets of fan leaves with 5 or more blades on them id remove the 3 bladed ones and then let her go. You dont want to stunt or stress an auto plant for sure. She will let you know what bottom leaves to remove as you go, tuck and train a little along the way.
Ok thank you for your advice. Much appreciated.

Funk junky

Funk junky

yeah looking nice mate am in uk myself not an expert on autos myself but have 2 blue auto mazar in tent at mo coming down this week. I would fill therm pots right up next time though want big root system with them but you have limited space so should turn out fine bro

Top Bottom