Newby here. Super Skunk grow. First time with coco.

• Thread starter Cannafreak
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cannafreak

Cannafreak

Hi all. I'm about to take my first shot (after 4 DWC grows) at using coco. My plan is as follows:

4 Plants, each in 5 gal fabric containers.
Hydro Crunch coco w/perlite
Fox Farms nutrients, all on this exact schedule: https://i5.walmartimages.com/asr/4a...cd7df_1.090877f5b55b7e0044793755969126d1.jpeg
This is what I used for the previous grows, so I will stick with them
Growing indoors in 4 x 4 tent
Using one 1,500 and one 2,000 watt KINGLED lights

Will start posting pics when I have seedlings.

I am new to this, and I am not even sure the coco I got is what I need, so we'll see what happens.

SSgrower

SSgrower

I use 3 gal. bags with 70/30 coco/perlite & really like the results. This was my 1st. time in coco. Going again in 4-5 day's with 5 more plants.

20210526 131924 compress80
Cannafreak

Cannafreak

I use 3 gal. bags with 70/30 coco/perlite & really like the results. This was my 1st. time in coco. Going again in 4-5 day's with 5 more plants.
Nice! Did you have any issues/challenges with the coco?

SSgrower

SSgrower

Coco uses your nutrient recipe and takes water 3-5 times a day. I learned it pretty good, just pay attention to the plants & they will show you what they need.

Cannafreak

Cannafreak

Wow, all I can say is F*CK!!! I've been trying for two weeks to get this grow going. It turned out that my order of seeds from ILGM was the only bad one I've ever had. On first attempt I put 6 seeds in water and got only two to germinate. So I took another shot with another 6 seeds and again only two sprouted (see images). My experience with ILGM in the past has been really good. so I am surprised by this. At any rate, I finally have four sprouts of the Super Skunk Fem and the grow is underway.

The other change I made was to ditch the LEDs and get a Vivosun 1000W MH/HPS. I am already challenged on how I am going to control heat. My tent with the wide open is just over 80 degrees F, but I will figure it out.

Right now I am watering/feeding at the start of each 18 hour light cycle.

All comments and suggestions are appreciated!

CF

SS1
SS3
Cannafreak

Cannafreak

Coco uses your nutrient recipe and takes water 3-5 times a day. I learned it pretty good, just pay attention to the plants & they will show you what they need.
I keep getting conflicting reports on this. Some people say 3-5 times a day. Others say once a day till they get larger, then they may require twice a day.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I keep getting conflicting reports on this. Some people say 3-5 times a day. Others say once a day till they get larger, then they may require twice a day.

It all depends on the amount of water the plants are uptaking and the size of the pots. It can be anywhere from once a day to 10 times a day, you just have to do what the plants want. Based on the size of your pots, I don't think it will need more than once or twice a day in peak flower, but that's just a guess.

Cannafreak

Cannafreak

It all depends on the amount of water the plants are uptaking and the size of the pots. It can be anywhere from once a day to 10 times a day, you just have to do what the plants want. Based on the size of your pots, I don't think it will need more than once or twice a day in peak flower, but that's just a guess.
Thanks. The input is appreciated!

Latest posts

Top Bottom