Newby to dwc any help

• Thread starter Thejackwiththeknack
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thejackwiththeknack

Thejackwiththeknack

Newby to dwc here and any help is thankfyll before hand.
In 3rd week of veg and seeing this a lot now is it nitrogen eg more ec needed.

Newby to dwc any help
Newby to dwc any help 2
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

What are you referring to?

looks like leaf temps are high to me.

can you give information on all environmental factors, nutrients and additives used?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

how do you know if the leaf temps are too high?
See how much the upper leaves are folding? Higher leaf temps cause this. Usually a combination of heat/light stress but not always.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

RH maybe an issue also judging from the swelling but much more info is needed to say accurately

Thejackwiththeknack

Thejackwiththeknack

I'm sitting on 29.5 most of time
And I'm using all canna feeds. Aqua etc

Thejackwiththeknack

Thejackwiththeknack

RH maybe an issue also judging from the swelling but much more info is needed to say accurately

I'm currently running 4 x 600w hps for 8 plants in room. I think I should have just gone with the 2 x 600 hps spaced over 2 groups of 4 plants maybe?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'm currently running 4 x 600w hps for 8 plants in room. I think I should have just gone with the 2 x 600 hps spaced over 2 groups of 4 plants maybe?
While they are smaller and in veg definitely. Under 12/12 in flower you’d probably be fine.

i mean its not the end of the world that they are a bit high… not seeing damage but some stress.

more air exchange possibly will help to a degree but at this point you know what it is and just keep an eye out. Try to make some improvement of the temp but in the end i dont think its going to cause major issues

Thejackwiththeknack

Thejackwiththeknack

While they are smaller and in veg definitely. Under 12/12 in flower you’d probably be fine.

i mean its not the end of the world that they are a bit high… not seeing damage but some stress.

more air exchange possibly will help to a degree but at this point you know what it is and just keep an eye out. Try to make some improvement of the temp but in the end i dont think its going to cause major issues
What distance for the lights would you recommend please

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

What distance for the lights would you recommend please
I ahve only grown under LED and maybe 2 times under 1000w HPS. So i cant give you a good idea from personal experience. But if you put your hand just over the plant you will feel the heat off the lights on the back of your hand. This will give you an idea of how much the distance is playing a role in the leaf warming

Thejackwiththeknack

Thejackwiththeknack

Ok great stuff and thanks for your help. Very much appreciated must say!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Have moved over to 2 lights which is more than enough I think and I'm down to 26c already I really don't know why I was talked into more lights but live and learn hey...
Yeah in flower 12/12 is when you need the…. as tim taylor would out it “MORE POWER”

Top Bottom