Newer grower here. Looking for insight.

• Thread starter jlo2302
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jlo2302

Hello community members, newer grower here. Looking for some insight and feedback from some experienced indoor growers. Attaching some pictures of one of my grow tents. White widow feminized seeds (currently have two other ones in a separate tent flowering). Out of white widow seeds and making a go on cloning to cuttings in the incubation chamber in the back of this setup. I cut them 9 days ago (clonex, in cubes). Before I moved this tent from the basement upstairs. The basement was getting down to 59 degrees minimum throughout the day. Humidity has stayed steady at 60%. Moved it upstairs readings show it's at 63% humidity and 66 degrees Fahrenheit currently. I pulled the side of the cubes open today and noticed no roots. Planning on taking two more cuttings. Would you agree that clones did not root because of the colder temperature. I was reading it should be at 71 degrees Fahrenheit at least. Also and comments or suggestions on the plant would be appreciated. Thanks everyone excited to be here.

Newer grower here looking for insight
Newer grower here looking for insight 2
Newer grower here looking for insight 3
Newer grower here looking for insight 4
MyGrowYo

MyGrowYo

Yea if your growing with an LED the plants will definitely enjoy warmer air temps in the high 70’s and very low 80s. I personally shoot for 27C and plants loving it. If your interested I can dig up the study I found on optimal leaf surface temps while running LED lights.

jguit

jguit

Supporter
I cut them 9 days ago (clonex, in cubes). Before I moved this tent from the basement upstairs.
I pulled the side of the cubes open today and noticed no roots.
Rooting clones can take longer than 9 days. I find that 14 days is the average for me, give or take. I like to keep them around 80 degrees.
Would you agree that clones did not root because of the colder temperature.
Perhaps. It could certainly slow things down fo sure. Get the temps in your cloning dome up and make sure you're not giving the clones a lot of light.

Try to take clones from a nice healthy plant.

J

jlo2302

Yea if your growing with an LED the plants will definitely enjoy warmer air temps in the high 70’s and very low 80s. I personally shoot for 27C and plants loving it. If your interested I can dig up the study I found on optimal leaf surface temps while running LED lights.
Thank you so much. Yeah, if you have one on hand that would be cool. Any kind of studies that you think are reliable or articles that have statistical data would be preferred, but not a must have. I appreciate it.

Reactions: PK1
MyGrowYo

MyGrowYo

Thank you so much. Yeah, if you have one on hand that would be cool. Any kind of studies that you think are reliable or articles that have statistical data would be preferred, but not a must have. I appreciate it.

they might reference their own lights, but the info can be applied to any decent LED currently on the market. The only reason I don’t personally try to hit 29C in my tent is the last few degrees lower my RH to much.

Top Bottom