Newly Acquired Genetics from Jamaica

• Thread starter thcoso
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
thcoso

thcoso

SCORE!!! I flew for over 14 hours and drove over land for almost 9 hours (both ways) to make it to Negril, Jamaica to acquire some new genetics. It is legal here but they are less precise with their strains. Here are female seeds for a general kush strain, a general strawberry strain and general raspberry strain. The genetics beyond that are not listed. Even info such as indica vs sativa is not available. But they are supposed to be all feminized. We will see if that’s true.

CA27BEE4-5C52-4AD8-9DEE-C5FB850BC7D3.jpeg

thcoso

thcoso

I dropped 2 seeds for each strain on 7/19, but only 5 of them sprouted. So, I have 2 Jamaican Strawberry, 2 Jamaican Kush and 1 Jamaican Raspberry. This grow is not going to be fancy. It is only to know what these strains are like. So, just a quick 4-6 week veg then flip to flower. Here the are on 7/25, the day after they were placed in dirt. The dirt us FFHF with nothing added. I used RO water with 1 teaspoon of molasses and a pH of 5.8.

TempImageA0Qo0t
TempImageArm3ov

thcoso

thcoso

Once all the ladies were fully up and out of the soil, they spent 48 hours in a seedling dome on a heating mat with under a fluorescent light. I then moved them to my MarsHydro SP-150 light veg tent for 10-14 days of 24 hours of light a day. While here, I will transplant them into a FFHF/FFOF mix with other organics.
TempImageFRDA4y

thcoso

thcoso

Veg Day 1: 7/30/21

I transplanted all 5 ladies into 1 gal pots using a soil combination of 1/3 FFHF, 1/3 FFCL, 1/3 FFOF with some added blood meal, althalpha meal, bone meal and pH 5.8 RO water with some molasses added.
TempImageQV2dSi
TempImageDmTV5E

thcoso

thcoso

Veg Day 2:

Today I began their first LST--just bend them over. Here is another plant I have showing how I plan to train these 5 ladies.

TempImageybTUvG
TempImageN3phU7

Dothraki

Dothraki

All the Jamaican I’ve smoked was always brown...but really sticky and amazing highs. But it was never named and wasn’t fruity so it’ll be interesting to hear your thoughts on these.

thcoso

thcoso

All the Jamaican I’ve smoked was always brown...but really sticky and amazing highs. But it was never named and wasn’t fruity so it’ll be interesting to hear your thoughts on these.
I flew to Jamaica over the summer to buy some new strains that were from a reputable dealer so I could grow them in a controlled environment but more importantly, dry and cure with correct temp and RH. While I was in Jamaica, I bought 3 different strains to test. With a set of blades, a bowl/lighter and a USB microscope, I created a baseline of what the general quality of the flowers sold to the tourists. 1 strain was like Mexican swag from my high school days—gross. The 2nd was nothing special—outdoor mids. But the 3rd strain was a nice, dark green with great flavor and very sticky, obviously cured in a controlled environment; however, the microscopic told the truth. The outside of the flowers were almost crystal free, but the inner parts of the flower were full of crystals. I’m confident they Keefed the flowers before selling. The other option is they were grown outdoors, but the texture seemed too soft for 100% outdoor. I think this crop was outdoor grown with some type of mesh covering to prevent rain from washing away the crystals so it could be turned to extract and process the Crystals before selling the flower.
I have 3 plants drying as we speak. About 25 more days, and I’ll have a better idea of the genetics. Here they are in my small dry tent.
7BF8C701 98AF 4B70 B6F6 B083AA05B2A4
144221D2 1E59 4E46 A989 4CB7D2063EFA
C0C311B5 8024 44A9 BA96 531C128E0250
967F4E16 37D3 4FC4 A621 45B2685CDCF0

Dothraki

Dothraki

Wow yeah they caught on once it became legal in the states and popularity skyrocketed and the culture of tourists changed. Sounds like every kid trying to work a quick money scheme is growing and selling now. It’s probably made it hard to find the good OG Jamaican buds anymore. It’s a shame when this sort of thing happens. Looks like you ended up with some big fat buds! Hope they are fire!

FrankWhite41

FrankWhite41

I did this also when I was in Jamaica on vacation in negril. We went to blue mountain. I toured the farm. Seen how the sugar cane get burnt before they process it, the coffee, the mountain springs, all used to fertilize the plants. Along with lamb shit. Smoked with the rastas, they gave me seeds. I grew them out and gave some away. It was pretty good deff not no indigenous landrace. But was good, nice flavor nice clean happy high. I was looking for official lambs breath but was told that strain was from the other side of the island. He also said he wasn't sure if its still exsists. Great experience great vibe great culture.

Latest posts

Top Bottom