Next Light Led And Hps Supplemental Damage

• Thread starter Chiliwili
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Chiliwili

At our farm we have next light LEDs and 1000w gavita double ended hps for our flower room. My coworker and I were talking about how to arrange the lights, he said that hps lights will burn up led diodes if they are next to each other. I never heard of this, what do you guys think?

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
At our farm we have next light LEDs and 1000w gavita double ended hps for our flower room. My coworker and I were talking about how to arrange the lights, he said that hps lights will burn up led diodes if they are next to each other. I never heard of this, what do you guys think?
Na he is bro sciencing you. No fact supports his argument: light it self doesn’t cause led burnouts but heat/ electrical surges, persay when the ballast kicks up on the gavita, and led using same power chain source may cause diodes to overload but light itself doesn’t.
Advice, use different home runs from main panel to each source type to avoid spikes. Also humidity and sulfur sprays in green/grow spaces do more damage to leds then any power spikes

Top Bottom