Nice problem to have, I guess

• Thread starter Panhead59
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Panhead59

Panhead59

Hey everyone, hope all is well with you and yours ! 1st time grower. Ffhf soil. All is going well, thankfully, 2-3 weeks into flower. I recently installed my 3rd small fan into a 4x4 tent. I put it at top aiming at light drivers and top of alum. Light fixture. I figured cooling the light would help, in the long run, with lifespan of the light. Well, now controlling the overall temp of tent is beyond challenging. I can't seem to maintain a warm enough temp in tent. Light is definitely cool now, but so is tent. So should i just let the light run at it's natural temp. ? Plants seemed to have enough air flow without additional fan. No apparent issues there.

Smithers

Smithers

What temperature is inside the tent ? And what’s the temperature of the room that the tent is in?

Do you have airflow in/out of the tent, or just to circulate the air within?

Smithers

Smithers

You can buy controllers that measure room temp and turn on/off a heater or exhaust based on a temperature band you set.

Inkbird ITC-308 is an option, they make a range of environmental controllers that are inexpensive

Panhead59

Panhead59

Room temp is 68f, 52 % rh. 4x4 tent has two 6" passive air intakes. 1 exhaust fan to outside of house. Right now the tent is at 25c, 55%rh. I know rh is a little high. Debating on buying a dehumidifier, but then, where would i put it ? Oil heater has temp. Control. Was maintaining temp just fine till i put additional fan on light. I just turned off one of the lower blowing fans. I have/had, 2 blowing up through plants and 1 over tops of plants. Tks for reply. I'm a rookie ! Only exh. Fan and humidifier (which barely ever runs since flip) run constantly. I know now that this 300w led is not enough light. Got another one coming, although it may be too late for this 1st grow. Add it now or wait till next grow ? Sorry so many ?'s !!!!!!

20210624 102616
20210624 102626
20210624 102640
20210624 102650
20210624 102704
20210624 102713
20210624 102738
Panhead59

Panhead59

Running exh. Fan constantly solved rh going up way to much during lights off during veg.

Smithers

Smithers

Looking good! Nice setup.

It’s tough to get a good environment without a learning curve and some money spent. As they get bigger you may get a high humidity spike right after lights out. The air cools and can’t hold as much moisture, might need more exhaust during that transition later on to avoid night high humidity. I found that true in my room, I use an AC/dehu lung room. Works mostly ok.

Always something to improve on tho

Panhead59

Panhead59

Ok tks. So I'll turn up my exh. Fan a little. It's on low now. Maybe that'll bring rh down. Hope it doesn't cool off the tent anymore. I'll move fans around also, might make a difference. Just shooting for best temps/rh that i can get. Tks. Again !!!!!

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

You can also try a thermostatically controlled outlet for the exhaust fan. This one is made by HydroFarm, but others make them, as well.
IMG 6588

This outlet plugs right into an outlet or extension cord.

Top Bottom