Ninja Ventilation In Apartment In Larger Building

• Thread starter joerabbit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

joerabbit

Hi people.

I live in a 10 story fairly new apartment building. In the bathroom behind the shelf/mirror thing there is a large hole into a small middle section with pipes and stuff. Big metal pipes and stuff. Behind that small middle section is the bedroom.

I want to make a small 2 x 2 grow and have very modest yield requirements. 3 ounces perhaps. But, I'd like to have it next to my bed.

So the inline fan would make noise, but would it be possible to vent air from the tent through a filter through a hole in the wall to the middle section, hang the fan there and somehow hook it into the existing huge air pipe? At least I assume it's an airpipe.

There is already something fanny in that middle part hooked up to big alu-cables, so noise wise we'd be ok. Can carbon filters eliminate odour 100% or is is just 92.5 %?

scubascrog

scubascrog

carbon filter it out to a window box is looking like your only option

J

joerabbit

DO NOT DO THAT

WHY?

I also have a garbage shoot in a channel behind a thin drywall. which I guess goes all the way up, thin drywall inside apartment, shout in the middle, air around and concrete towards the starcase. It is connected to a room in the basement carpark. Could I make a hole through the drywall and let the air out there?

scubascrog

scubascrog

cutting into a building that sizes hvac will create a wind tunnel in your house. also it will throw the balance of the hvac system off causing maintenance people to come in and you getting evicted. if you put it down the trash shute who says a bunch of trash air wont flow up reverse into your apartment. that door must have a seal.

J

joerabbit

cutting into a building that sizes hvac will create a wind tunnel in your house. also it will throw the balance of the hvac system off causing maintenance people to come in and you getting evicted. if you put it down the trash shute who says a bunch of trash air wont flow up reverse into your apartment. that door must have a seal.

I see. The shout is enclosed in metal behind drywall to one side and concrete to the other.

J

joerabbit

If I HAD to vent to window, which would only be a cracked widow (floor to ceiling) is there any way to be 100 percent certain that the air wouldn't smell. I'm thinking of masking it as a standard ventilator.

scubascrog

scubascrog

a 2x2 wont smell at all. get the smallest 6 inch carbon filter you can find

scubascrog

scubascrog

just make an insert that you can close and put the 6 inch hole at the bottom.

J

joerabbit

just make an insert that you can close and put the 6 inch hole at the bottom.

Thanks man! Insert?

And could I still hang the fan i the middle part plumbing section between bedroom and bathroom?

That would help with the noise.

scubascrog

scubascrog

you could taper a 6 inch air hose down to 4 inches for that size actually, get a 5 inch wide strip of plywood so you can close your sliding window on to actually make its so a bunch of air isnt coming in your apartment, cut a 4 inch hole in the wood and put the exhaust tube up to it, taper around a 2 liter or something

scubascrog

scubascrog

yeah those fans when you turn them down hum. not looking worthwhile for you man.

Top Bottom