Nitrogen and Raccoons

• Thread starter rayi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
rayi

rayi

It's been raining so much my nitrogen has been depleted. I used fish fertilizer now the raccoons are digging. I've trapped 4 in 6 nights. Is there a fast action nitrogen that doesn't attract coons

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

there is a bright side,you get the coons,i get both coons and possums digging for grubs,destroyed my pepper plants last season,just trapped a coon in the attic 3 weeks ago,took 2 years to catch um,son bitch couldnt resist my oysters

mancorn

mancorn

Raccoons are territorial. If you trap and remove, you’ll just open up new territory for another family to move it. Almost no way you can trap yourself out of a coon “problem”. (Sure you don’t want then living in your house or garage, but that's a separate issue about access.) Is there another food source that’s attracting them like out door pet food or garbage? Like oldsko4evr suggest, it's my experience that the possums are the big diggers, as they’re going after the grubs, snails, worms, etc. Not an immediate solution, but if you stick up a scouting cam it helps to see what's going on.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

They like canned cat food
not mine the high society bitchs,they dont even like sardines,but the tear up my damn oysters,bastards hahah,ive caught in the last 6 months 4 coons and 5 possums,all relocated 10 miles from the house,they just hungry if you dig,i did have to kill one that wasnt acting right,wasnt foaming but something wasnt right

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Raccoons are territorial. If you trap and remove, you’ll just open up new territory for another family to move it. Almost no way you can trap yourself out of a coon “problem”. (Sure you don’t want then living in your house or garage, but that's a separate issue about access.) Is there another food source that’s attracting them like out door pet food or garbage? Like oldsko4evr suggest, it's my experience that the possums are the big diggers, as they’re going after the grubs, snails, worms, etc. Not an immediate solution, but if you stick up a scouting cam it helps to see what's going on.
they love them damn grubs,worst thing i ever did and also when my problem started was going to the city recycling and got 5 trucks loads of mulch,damn i have had grubs carry shit off on picnic since. i had them so bad last years they ate holes right threw my watermelons and pumkins,i didnt even plant the bottom garden until 2 months ago,harvest corn just replanted runner beans ,cow peas to give the soil back some nitrogen,they wont mess with the beans,but i also planted watermelon and pumpkins,im gonna try to lay fabric down see if i can keep um back with some de and the cloth

rayi

rayi

It's a family of 5 babies and a mother. The ones that are trapped die from lead poisoning. No other things that would bring them in. The neighbors about 1/4 miles away tore down a old barn and the coons are all over the place

mancorn

mancorn

I have a small green grass area in my yard and the possums like to forage in the grass for the grubs. But we've been pretty dry the last 7-8 years so the snail and slug population is down to nil.

The raccoons spend the majority of their time tearing up my pond. They love to jump in, eat the fish, tear up the plants, and throw the pump around. I used to have a cat door and they'd come in the kitchen to eat the cat food. Their escape door was half way between my bed room and the kitchen, so we would do a little dance where they’d retreat back to the kitchen as I would come towards them, so I’d have to go back to my bedroom so they could come back to get out the cat door. But once I’d back off, they took that as a cue to go back and get some more cat food, so I’d have to run back at em. We'd go back and forth for awhile until I’d get em to leave. They're cute, but mean little farts.

I had them come in through my back door when I left it open on a warm night. Stole my sister-in-laws purse as it had some dog biscuits in it. I found the purse about 10’ out in the yard.

But I will say in 20+ years at my current location they've never messed with my cannabis plants (knock on wood) so I try to live in peace with em. I like em more then my neighbors. 😀

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

It's a family of 5 babies and a mother. The ones that are trapped die from lead poisoning. No other things that would bring them in. The neighbors about 1/4 miles away tore down a old barn and the coons are all over the place
bro they multiply like rabbits hahaha,i dont kill um,i just take um out to the woods,they say when you transplant one ,chances are greater it dies from fighting new territory,so i let mother nature take the course,as long as they not destroying my shit,i dont care,i plant many veggies just cause of insects,so they are part of the food web too ,i let them ride,now when they piss me off like last year,i trapped and run them down the road,i still havent caught the one i got a pic of on the game camera,take a black thrash bag,33 gal bag,fill that bag 4 inchs from the top,and sit on ground,this coon was same size as that bag i had watermelons growing in,went over that bag to get to my pepper plants,that bed had a crap load of grubs in it when i dug it up this year,well before my surgery,i never got to finish rebuilding my bottom garden,that damn thing at least 15lbs of meanness i promise,the one i caught in the attic was a youngun around 5 to 7 pounds

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I have a small green grass area in my yard and the possums like to forage in the grass for the grubs. But we've been pretty dry the last 7-8 years so the snail and slug population is down to nil.

The raccoons spend the majority of their time tearing up my pond. They love to jump in, eat the fish, tear up the plants, and throw the pump around. I used to have a cat door and they'd come in the kitchen to eat the cat food. Their escape door was half way between my bed room and the kitchen, so we would do a little dance where they’d retreat back to the kitchen as I would come towards them, so I’d have to go back to my bedroom so they could come back to get out the cat door. But once I’d back off, they took that as a cue to go back and get some more cat food, so I’d have to run back at em. We'd go back and forth for awhile until I’d get em to leave. They're cute, but mean little farts.

I had them come in through my back door when I left it open on a warm night. Stole my sister-in-laws purse as it had some dog biscuits in it. I found the purse about 10’ out in the yard.

But I will say in 20+ years at my current location they've never messed with my cannabis plants (knock on wood) so I try to live in peace with em. I like em more then my neighbors. 😀
they never mess with my plants,they just dig for the grubs,digging under the plants,but ya inlaws had a place in colorada ,they feed um pecans,when estell died i went to pack up mom and was starting a fire that night ,me and my youngest son,hell stood there drinking a beer and something was tugging at my leg ,look down and a 3 legged coon was staring up at me,hahah,freaked me out,mom yelled dont hurt him he wants dinner,hell i thought i should have known hahaha

mancorn

mancorn

Rayi, was thinking this morning that you could try using some spent coffee grounds. Has some nitrogen and might make the fish less desirable.

rayi

rayi

I already do that. Most likely will end up buying something not organic until I get things under control

Top Bottom