Nitrogen Deficiency or Age or ???

• Thread starter fuego.de.basurero
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fuego.de.basurero

fuego.de.basurero

Thanks in advance. Is this a nitrogen deficiency or just age or??? Getting more yellow leaves than usual on two plants, otherwise I would chalk this up to age. No burning and the yellowing is pretty uniform, though the veins tend to stay green'ish. The leaves will inevitably fall off if I do not pick them first. The leaves tend to be fan leaves and lower ones, but I am starting to see them up at the top now as well. We are 1 to 1 1/2 months from harvest. Trichomes are really starting to form along with smell. One is ~6' the other over 4' (from a seed batch started later in season).

Grown from seed. Strain(s) are unknown. Both are growing solo in their own spots (I have plants all over the garden). Everyone is in the same soil - my own aged organic blend - with all the veggies. Neither has anything growing close to it at the moment. I use the "throw it in the ground and see what happens" method.

As for feeding, FF Tiger Bloom and Big Bloom "heavy feeding" once a week through soil watering. Was using Grow Big in veg. Cal Mag every other week if I remember (more for the tomatoes).

20220909_095832.jpg

20220909_095853.jpg

20220909_095824.jpg

20220909_095809.jpg

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Same here, FDB. My take. Around here they are called shade leaves. All through the dog days of summer they have been protecting more sensitive new growth and such among other things, and bearing the brunt of the harsh UV light and intense heat of the summer sun. Creating a better environment for the stuff growing underneath them. They even help keep the pots a little cooler. But now the suns angle has changed a lot less intense, shorter hours, and cooler. So the plant says, I need all the energy to be diverted to the flowering aspect. You have done a good job of protecting the overall plant all summer, but now you are expendable. So adios, shade leaves! That is my romanticized take on it. Could be just a slight N Deficiency. L O L!

fuego.de.basurero

fuego.de.basurero

Great, thanks for the feedback. It is more pronounced than I am used to seeing, so I am going to go with the N deficiency with age of the plants. To get them some N should I go back to Grow Big or something with a strong N hit?

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
As long as my bud sites look healthy I don’t mess with it. But as I understand fertilizer, water solubility has a lot to do with how fast it will act. For example, if On the ingredients list it says 10% total nitrogen. And of that 2% water soluble and 8% water insoluble. I take that to mean the 2% will dissolve immediately in water and be readily available to the roots. Whereas the 8% doesn’t immediately dissolve in water and has to undergo further breakdown in the soil before it is available. And vice versa. That’s just how I understand it and I may be wrong so hopefully someone Will correct me if I am. You can probably Google, water solubility That’s just how I understand it and I may be wrong so hopefully someone Will correct me if I am. You can probably Google, water solubility In fertilizer and figure it out pretty quick. What you are growing in probably plays a large part also. Seat of the pants grower here. Lol! Might not hurt to water in a little Epsom salt with it too. Whatever you do, go easy on it. You don’t wanna fuck things up this late in the game. Lol good luck

R

Ready_set_g0

First timer here seeing a similar experience. Yellowing is lighter but spreading through most leaves as I approach 3 weeks into flower. I wasn’t giving N much for about a month prior to flower (noob mistake because I was afraid the plant was getting too big in a state not allowed) but I tested the soil and was basically depleted in N and K. I’ve given two doses of Big Boom + Tiger but added a 1/2 dose (around 1.5 tsp) of Grow Big to help with N. I also put a light dusting of Bio Live on top of the soil but that’ll probably take a while to break down and do very little. Not sure if any of that will be enough to help or not.

Last edited:
L

Letsgrowit

I would give it water soluable N around 2-4% using something like soy hydrosylcate, avoiding ammonia salts etc. Make sure the N P K is balanced for flower. 2-10–5/10 or something like that, and then you should give it some microbes from Rootwise or Tribus. If you have added any micronutrients, now is a good time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom