Nitrogen Deficiency or lock out.

• Thread starter Weelock
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Going to flush the plant tonight and give it a new dose of nutrients.

Well I flushed it today. Checked run off on the first dose and it came out at 4.2! Gonna say I was locked out by far. I didn’t think I was over feeding but I guess I was. I always PH all watering but maybe it built up not watering to run off.
Im wondering if its not your water...cant say that though....

Do you have a ph pen or strips?

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Your water could be good enough just straight tap to plant after getting the chlorine out....

You said you always ph your water! What do you ph the water to?

Weelock

Weelock

Your water could be good enough just straight tap to plant after getting the chlorine out....

You said you always ph your water! What do you ph the water to?
To 6.3, I leave my water to sit for about 24hours and it will go slightly out of range, (it’s perfect out of the tap) so I adjust it back to 6.3

Onemorecast

Onemorecast

I am not watering to run off (some soil may be staying dry) I may flush this plant and start fresh with nutrients. Looking into it I have yellowing between Veins and red stems so it may be a mag Deficiency? Thanks for your help.

The best thing you could do! It doesn't seem to bother them much if you have good drainage and soil. I too just had some plants looking similar. It should bounce right back!

Weelock

Weelock

Is it getting worse? Sounds like lock out from salt build up ur on the right path
Since flushing it seems to have Got a lot better leaves are picking up etc. I gave it one small dose of nutrients after flushing. Going to play it out until next watering! Thanks guys.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Thst 6.4 ph scares the hell outta me bro. Ill bet you water is high in lead. Stay safe!

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

Run off was 4.2 with 6.2 in???? Gawd damm thats a imbalance right there!!! You need to track forward your run off and PH your in water accordingly.
Those plants are defiantly borderline root bound and are going to need a lot of nutrients to keep em kickin
Whats sohum comprised of? Looks like coco...
Whats the specific roots stuff your running?
Whats your current run off testing out at?
Are you watering to run off every time?
How often are your feeds?
Do you use any other food, supplement, tea, bio stimulant?
What kind of filter is used on the water? ph and ppm before and after?
are the rest of your plant showing issues? are they grown in the same way?
how much experience do you have growing?

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Run off was 4.2 with 6.2 in???? Gawd damm thats a imbalance right there!!! You need to track forward your run off and PH your in water accordingly.
Those plants are defiantly borderline root bound and are going to need a lot of nutrients to keep em kickin
Did you look into that maxicrop arsenic issue?

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Not watering to run off can certainly explain hot spots. An overabundance of certain things can cause deficiency in others as well. Might be the start of figuring it out!
Hes in organic soil. There shouldnt be much runoff. If any at all....trust me i was using biobizz on tomatoes giving 20to30% runoff and they had seriuos issues. Quit doing they got better....

Mostlymooses

Mostlymooses

I think 10% is generally the accepted number for runoff with soil? That's about where I am with roots organic's 707, which is a pretty organic soil!

Seems like you guys got it figured out regardless of any of that stuff. All is well!

Weelock

Weelock

First grow so this is totally new to me.

Rest of the plants honestly look pretty decent, very slight yellowing between Veins in the leafs.

I’m not filtering my tap water at all, I do when I drink my tap water but not for the plants.

Checking ph before I water or feed. Adjusting as needed. Even though roots tell you there is no need.

No other nutrients or other lines. But I use every one of roots organics line. In the first post I made it shows what I’m feeding. I’m following that table.

I never watered to much run off at all only 1 gallon per pot and it would drip but that’s about it.

Run off now is 6.1 with 6.3 in. (After flush)

Yes I’m guessing there root bound there large for a 7gallon pot I believe?

Thanks for your help again guys. I really appreciate it.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

First grow so this is totally new to me.

Rest of the plants honestly look pretty decent, very slight yellowing between Veins in the leafs.

I’m not filtering my tap water at all, I do when I drink my tap water but not for the plants.

Checking ph before I water or feed. Adjusting as needed. Even though roots tell you there is no need.

No other nutrients or other lines. But I use every one of roots organics line. In the first post I made it shows what I’m feeding. I’m following that table.

I never watered to much run off at all only 1 gallon per pot and it would drip but that’s about it.

Run off now is 6.1 with 6.3 in. (After flush)

Yes I’m guessing there root bound there large for a 7gallon pot I believe?

Thanks for your help again guys. I really appreciate it.

Are your feeder roots up top redish in color? Brownish? Or white?

The whole table is crazy! Kiss keep it stupid simple...thats what im gunna do from now on...fuck that! I fucked up my tomatoes yo...lol...

Weelock

Weelock

Are your feeder roots up top redish in color? Brownish? Or white?

The whole table is crazy! Kiss keep it stupid simple...thats what im gunna do from now on...fuck that! I fucked up my tomatoes yo...lol...

I will definitely take a look tomorrow morning and let you know!

And yeah I probably don’t need half of that, what would you suggest to feed? The only thing I’ve noticed is the roots organics line is super weak compared to most other nutrients.

Like I said I really don’t know much at all about growing. This is my first go and I’ve probably over studied everything and that’s probably half my issues 😂

Thanks.

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

So looks to me like you need some more K and some N.....is that because the food is inadequate or because or nutrient lock out i
dont know. To test why not give it a bump up? like say 1/4 more food?

You should not and do not need any Cal Mag when using unfiltered tap at that PPM.

Yes your definitely root bound, and thats going to compound your environmental issues as well as your plant is now fully relying on the food your feeding it. Which brings me to my next thought, tap water will have a certain amount of adverse effects on living soils so if roots line up is all raw foods the soils my have issues digesting it and making it avail. .
Now final thought, if your in a coco dominant mix thats now empty of food your plants pretty much hydroponic and needs constant saturation and feeding. With out constant saturation on coco dominant soils you give yourself lock out. Have you had a long dry period recently?

I dont want to spend the time to read all the RO stuff thats one seriously long line up, but kinda seems extensive and not needed probably very costly as well and a defined chart will never tell you what your plants really need its just a base that will get most folks thru. You need a veg fert and a flower one and mix the two for stretch.

Top Bottom