Nitrogen in Flower

• Thread starter jadins_journey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
was wondering what the fellow Farmers thought about nitrogen in flower?

I use Technaflora nutes, thier BC line. Not bashing the nutes but just trying to tweak the system a bit. The reason I even had this thought was because of a pepper plant I am growing, go ahead and laugh, yes a bell pepper plant in DWC. It's growing right beside my MJ. The plant would flower but they would shrivel up just as they opened and I said WTF!! Talked to my girls at the hydro store, they have peppers growing, and found out the key was to remove the nitrogen. Well holy shitck, I got peppers out the ass now and all I did was take the BC Boost out of the mix.

So i got to thinking, what if??? Was time to change the resv on the 400 system last night and since this is my "research" grow I did the same to it as I did my peppers just a bit higher ppm, removed the BC Boost. I did the resv change at lights on and by the time lights went off there was a REAL difference in the plants. The leaves were horizontal as normal but in 10 hours time they had all stood vertical. I understand hydro is fast but geeeze, this was way out of norm.

Any thoughts??

P

Potorlando

yeah I'm in Dwc first time and its amazing. My plants are as big at amonth as my first plants at 6 months. I've got a fan leaf in DWC larger than my hand.... And I'm going superlight on nutes. I've already topped to try and control height.

F

Finalopagus

Not sure what yo question is...

Boost is a must for the 3 part, it has all the trace elements (micro nutrients) the girls need. With out it you will see the plants begin to have micro disorders or "praying for magnesium", as you say standing vertical, then there will be yellow/brown spots and ultimately leaf necrosis

Cutting the Grow will remove most of the Nitrogen from you nutrient mix not cutting the Boost

also most strains when put into flower have a huge demand for Phosphorus (da P in NPK) and without it you get slight yellowing in new growth which looks like Nitrogen deficiency, but is not. Look at the ratios in your Grow vs Bloom. This may be fucking up your "pepers", to much P.

And hydro is instantaneous, there is NO nutrient buffer as in soil.

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Not sure what yo question is...

Boost is a must for the 3 part, it has all the trace elements (micro nutrients) the girls need. With out it you will see the plants begin to have micro disorders or "praying for magnesium", as you say standing vertical, then there will be yellow/brown spots and ultimately leaf necrosis

Cutting the Grow will remove most of the Nitrogen from you nutrient mix not cutting the Boost

also most strains when put into flower have a huge demand for Phosphorus (da P in NPK) and without it you get slight yellowing in new growth which looks like Nitrogen deficiency, but is not. Look at the ratios in your Grow vs Bloom. This may be fucking up your "pepers", to much P.

And hydro is instantaneous, there is NO nutrient buffer as in soil.

My question is basically do any farmers reduce Nitrogen in late flower. As for the nutes why would I be useing Grow in flower? I don't and can't see why I would, I use Bloom for flower and Grow for veg.

Boost is 3-0-2
Grow is 1-3-6
Bloom is 1-4-7

fully aware of what NPK means and the effects they each represent, my question is Nitrogen specific. BC is much more than a 3 part system, there are 6 BC products in my flower formula: Boost, Bloom, Sugar Daddy, Thrive Alive Red B-1, MagiCal and Assome Bloosom. Trace minerals and micro nutrients are well covered without having the Boost in the mix.

Appreciate your response Fin, just trying to tweak the nute program a bit and push these genetics.

jj

F

Finalopagus

no hurt intended man, others reading my not share our knowledge.
tryin to guess where your going with the pepers? and there nut needs

IMO Nitrogen is to be given untill you flush and harvest cannabis

no idea about pepers

Top Bottom