Nitrogen toxicity in meph autos from plain FFOF

• Thread starter PalMcGuy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PalMcGuy

PalMcGuy

I started my Mephisto auto grow about 24 days ago. Straight FFOF 30% perlite no added nutrients or supplements in 3 gallon bags under Mars Hysdro SP-3000 at 75% brightness. Running lights 24/7 and tent is 78-80° sitting at 50%rh and water pH is always 6.3- 6.8

I stressed my plants out with some new grower torture bondage and they seem to be flowering early.

They have been dark green almost the whole grow and ive been told i have nitrogen toxicity. I have no burnt tips, their growth has been steady, i do have some clawing present that im hoping is just from overwatering since my leaves seem so plump. And im also seeing canoeing on my 3BOG.

I havent noticed any glossiness or smoothing of the leaves but this is my first grow and i don't want to assume im okay because of my limited knowledge.

First time posting here as well so thanks to anyone who takes time to help out a new grower with something thats probably been asked a million times over

Nitrogen toxicity in meph autos from plain ffof
Nitrogen toxicity in meph autos from plain ffof 2
Nitrogen toxicity in meph autos from plain ffof 3
Nitrogen toxicity in meph autos from plain ffof 4
Nitrogen toxicity in meph autos from plain ffof 5
Nitrogen toxicity in meph autos from plain ffof 6
Nitrogen toxicity in meph autos from plain ffof 7
PalMcGuy

PalMcGuy

I was given the advice to flush, however i watered them this morning, even though ive watered them, if this happens to indeed be nitrogen toxicity would you think a flush with phd tapwater would help my issue?

I know people say FFOF is too hot for seedlings but im well past my plants being a seedling at this point so im not quite sure why this issue has come up

KDB42

KDB42

FFOF is fairly hot but I never thought it was that hot. Damn! I think the only thing you can do is flush it good then maybe feed a little P and K but no N for maybe a week or two. And watch how they respond. Dont take that as gospel there may be a better way. That's just what I would do

PalMcGuy

PalMcGuy

FFOF is fairly hot but I never thought it was that hot. Damn! I think the only thing you can do is flush it good then maybe feed a little P and K but no N for maybe a week or two. And watch how they respond. Dont take that as gospel there may be a better way. That's just what I would do
That's the thing im not even feeding it anything this is just the soil its self.

Any nitrogen its recieving is straight from the soil its living in so i dont know how id limit the nitrogen it uptakes.

Blows my mind that its like this nearly a month in

KDB42

KDB42

In on my third grow now and always used FFOF from seed to harvest and never had that issue. Maybe you got some bad/strong batch somehow. As far as I know flushing might be the only way.

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

The quality control is just not there for ffof anymore. They never used to be full of sticks and bark like they are now. I’ve seen soo many people complaining about them and the last bags I got were super hot as well. Promix for me from now on.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

They could also use some pruning and better airflow. Maybe a touch longer between watering.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

FF Ocean Forest is not really that hot. What makes it seem that way is wrong pH.
I see that not everyone filters their water. A carbon filter will clean and pH your water at the same time.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I've seen this where it was caused by not enough water. The plant was sucking up all it could and it looked really dark green, but it was dying of thirst.
The water that it did get was over saturated with nutes.

PalMcGuy

PalMcGuy

FF Ocean Forest is not really that hot. What makes it seem that way is wrong pH.
I see that not everyone filters their water. A carbon filter will clean and pH your water at the same time.
I use an Apera instruments Ph pen and test calibration every time prior to watering using their provided solution to test calibration.

I only use water pH between 6.3 - 6.8

I will admit to not knowing any relevant ppms in regards to runoff or tap

I water about a quarter gallon and only water when soil is dry to the middle of my index finger

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I use an Apera instruments Ph pen and test calibration every time prior to watering using their provided solution to test calibration.

I only use water pH between 6.3 - 6.8

I will admit to not knowing any relevant ppms in regards to runoff or tap

I water about a quarter gallon and only water when soil is dry to the middle of my index finger

Good pen.

Try this for watering since you grow in soil.

PalMcGuy

PalMcGuy

They could also use some pruning and better airflow. Maybe a touch longer between watering.
I currently use a 6" Vornado and a clip on fan for my undercanopy, but i do intend to get a different fan because i don't like how weak the lower fan is.

As for humidity prior to this i maintained proper VPD pretty regularly (to my understanding) 79° and between 60-65rh but i began having issues because i grow in my bedroom and it was becoming too uncomfortable and affecting my sleep

I have also been doing some lst and have side topped due to my incomplete knowledge of how topping works so that has cause some severe bushiness for sure i agree

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ph is a result... you cant go by just ph. You need to look at the influences ESPECIALLY in soil. It is the soil that buffers the PH. If you have a ph issue in soil it CANNOT be corrected simply by phong the nutrients.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I currently use a 6" Vornado and a clip on fan for my undercanopy, but i do intend to get a different fan because i don't like how weak the lower fan is.

As for humidity prior to this i maintained proper VPD pretty regularly (to my understanding) 79° and between 60-65rh but i began having issues because i grow in my bedroom and it was becoming too uncomfortable and affecting my sleep

I have also been doing some lst and have side topped due to my incomplete knowledge of how topping works so that has cause some severe bushiness for sure i agree
You need to account for leaf temos or VPD will cause you issues.

They need some pruning to open up some airflow.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I prefer my RH to be 50 or lower, but it's not always possible.
Since you are growing in a room, what kind of light do you have?

PalMcGuy

PalMcGuy

Yeah i used my infra temp gun and put the relevant temps in to an online VPD calculator when i was trying to have it correct religiously again but the excess humidity began lowering the quality of my sleep unfortunately.

I can prune though.

Thank all of yall for the time responding by the way i really do appreciate it

PalMcGuy

PalMcGuy

So would you say this is not the beginnings of nitrogen toxicity?

But instead likely multiple factors such as my watering habits and vpd causing the dark green color and slight clawing/drooping?

Top Bottom