Nitrogen toxicity...when to flush?

• Thread starter Link0486
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Link0486

Link0486

Hey everyone I’m new to this forum sorry if this has already been posted I couldn’t find it..basically I have nitrogen toxicity (heavy clawing) I had a beginner feeding and he put full nutes everytime (heavy 16) following chart that heavy 16 gave with products he’s been in a 1 gal pot and when switching to a 10 gal pot I noticed his plants were root bound so anyway I had them transferred over to the 10 gal pots and then clawing began I’m using Mother Earth and have had grow rooms where this hasn’t happened..so anyway now the plants were watered again yesterday with full nutes and the pots are still full of water...is it okay to flush them with ph correct water while the pot is still heavy with the nutes loaded water or should I wait for it to dry out? Again sorry if this was already posted

Link0486

Link0486

If you know for sure your nitrogen toxic go ahead and flush ... IMO

I did a flush yesterday ran 2.5 gal of water ph5.8 and 35ml of cal mag in 55 gal of water and they are already starting to liven back up the close up pics are before and the pics from further back are the new ones
62E93BE2 D924 4865 8C25 3F419FCCF5E7
62E93BE2 D924 4865 8C25 3F419FCCF5E7

BD2D0C6F BEC6 46E1 81B2 C4D2CF5CB7A0
926507E1 DE49 4655 94C7 DB254BBF067A
188E6A89 AE3B 43D3 8A8D C0C6CF23BF2B
5B6BB26E 41DC 4E4A A210 33E7DE4CB961
Ar.BsG

Ar.BsG

Good work man. Nice farm as well . I don't have a big set up like you so I'm sure you have much more stress and work to do but keep at it . And keep a check on them . A little love goes a long way

Link0486

Link0486

Good work man. Nice farm as well . I don't have a big set up like you so I'm sure you have much more stress and work to do but keep at it . And keep a check on them . A little love goes a long way

Do you know if I can lst while there is still clawing? Or will that stress them out too much? I was figuring lst now and in a week if they good I was going to fim

Ar.BsG

Ar.BsG

Ye man feel free to let just make sure not to snap any branches lol. Sounds like a good plan might give them a extra week before you fim . If they still send stressed that is .

Link0486

Link0486

Whats your water schedule.the lightness in color makes me believe it isnt n tox..
Well my dad was watering them he knows how to mix the Chems but he went overboard and watered them literally every other day but we use heavy 16 and we go light on the ppm we go half of all nutes because they were in gallon pots for a while but then when we transferred to the bigger pots he wasn’t telling me he fed them every other day so I flushed em the other day and now I’m just letting them recover and let the pots dry out a little bit before feeding again...problem is now it doesn’t seem like they are drinking because the pots are still pretty full I use smart pots so the drainage shouldn’t be a prob.. but they just not drying out today is the third day?...the leaves seem to be recovering from clawing but now folding upwards which could be from overwatering as well..my temp in room is 82 humidity at 55-60 and ph when watering is 5.8 to 6.0...it seems to only be happening to the one strain I have it’s turtle pie I’m not familiar with them but my gelato and other strains seem to be doing fine..idk if you have any info that could help plz let me know I’d appreciate any good advice on what to do

bighempn

bighempn

Hey everyone I’m new to this forum sorry if this has already been posted I couldn’t find it..basically I have nitrogen toxicity (heavy clawing) I had a beginner feeding and he put full nutes everytime (heavy 16) following chart that heavy 16 gave with products he’s been in a 1 gal pot and when switching to a 10 gal pot I noticed his plants were root bound so anyway I had them transferred over to the 10 gal pots and then clawing began I’m using Mother Earth and have had grow rooms where this hasn’t happened..so anyway now the plants were watered again yesterday with full nutes and the pots are still full of water...is it okay to flush them with ph correct water while the pot is still heavy with the nutes loaded water or should I wait for it to dry out? Again sorry if this was already posted

get to flushing. Use something that will break up salts and tie them up like hygrozyme or slf 100 or something similar. I’d hit them with some aspirin too. It will help them recover.

Link0486

Link0486

get to flushing. Use something that will break up salts and tie them up like hygrozyme or slf 100 or something similar. I’d hit them with some aspirin too. It will help them recover.
I’ve already flushed them once a few days ago and the pots are full of water still should I flush again and if so should I add anything or just ph water?

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I’ve already flushed them once a few days ago and the pots are full of water still should I flush again and if so should I add anything or just ph water?
No, you're probably good for now.

When the next set of leaves isn't hooking, you'll know you've leached out the excess.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Think I should prune off all the clawed leaves?
They're not hurting the plant. If you defoliate, defoliate as usual. If you don't defoliate, don't defoliate, as usual.

You have so much space between plants, I'd just leave them be. Those lower leaves on the sides of the plant are catching some decent rays. Which reminds me, I'm starting to drool over that grow space.

Last edited:
Link0486

Link0486

They're not hurting the plant. If you defoliate, defoliate as usual. If you don't defoliate, don't defoliate, as usual.

You have so much space between plants, I'd just leave them be. Those lower leaves on the sides of the plant are catching some decent rays. Which reminds me, I'm starting to drool over that grow space.
Lmao thanks it’s about 3 times that size I probably could grow about 75 plants in that room but I want to split it and have 2 flower rooms and in a diff section a decent veg room and drying room so I can produce about every month I’ll have 2 sets of veg one always at 8 weeks ready for flower and the other at 4 weeks and same with flower so I can rotate every month 🤤...
Btw I have turtle pie, docidoes mixed with red neck wedding cake, peanut butter cookies, gelato, cereal milk and rozay have you heard of anybody these and are they good? I bought them off a friend so idk much about them but every one says gelato is good

bighempn

bighempn

yeah, if they are water logged, I’d wait till they dry up and flush with something to remove salts. Peat moss can be tough to strip salts out of. A yucca extract can help to as a wetting agent and will make it easier to flush that crap out. The leaves that are messed up and clawing will not recover but as long as you get balance back to root zone they should be ok. When I ran peat moss medium, I would do slurry tests. Basically you use equal parts soil and neutral pH’d water(has to be 7.0 on the dot. You can use tap but make sure to test ppm and subtract that from final slurry numbers).You dig down about 2” into the soil with a spoon and scoop some soil up. Add equal amount of water. Mix and let it sit for a few mins. Test the pH and ppm. Testing run off is good but won’t give the full picture. You need to know the pH at root zone. I use a hand held blue lab meter with pH/ppm probes. Basically, if your pH numbers are coming out lower than what you pH your feed to and the ppms are rising, they are locked out and not eating.

the photos I’ve attached are what I currently use for water filtration and it works awesome!
And these are what I flush with when I run soil/soilless mediums. The Herculean harvest is organic but will not cause any problems with your heavy 16. You could just run the slf 100 which is clear and works great with synthetics too.

bigslimdawg79

bigslimdawg79

yeah, if they are water logged, I’d wait till they dry up and flush with something to remove salts. Peat moss can be tough to strip salts out of. A yucca extract can help to as a wetting agent and will make it easier to flush that crap out. The leaves that are messed up and clawing will not recover but as long as you get balance back to root zone they should be ok. When I ran peat moss medium, I would do slurry tests. Basically you use equal parts soil and neutral pH’d water(has to be 7.0 on the dot. You can use tap but make sure to test ppm and subtract that from final slurry numbers).You dig down about 2” into the soil with a spoon and scoop some soil up. Add equal amount of water. Mix and let it sit for a few mins. Test the pH and ppm. Testing run off is good but won’t give the full picture. You need to know the pH at root zone. I use a hand held blue lab meter with pH/ppm probes. Basically, if your pH numbers are coming out lower than what you pH your feed to and the ppms are rising, they are locked out and not eating.

the photos I’ve attached are what I currently use for water filtration and it works awesome!
And these are what I flush with when I run soil/soilless mediums. The Herculean harvest is organic but will not cause any problems with your heavy 16. You could just run the slf 100 which is clear and works great with synthetics too.
how is the hydrologic ro ?

bighempn

bighempn

how is the hydrologic ro ?

It’s not RO. It’s just a sediment filter with a carbon filter for chlorine removal. It was only $100 for thr small boy filter setup and $80 for the UV sterilizer. It’s been working very well for me. It doesn’t strip everything out completely like RO does. My filtered water still comes out at 350ppm so all the minerals are intact.

Top Bottom