NJ Bill to DECRIMINALIZE MJ possesion (NOT Medical)

• Thread starter MadBuddhaAbuser
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MadBuddhaAbuser

While our governor may be a complete anti-pot zealot, it seems our elected representatives have a more forward thinking approach toward marijuana, both medical and in general.

recently "Assemblyman Reed Gusciora (D) of the 15th District of the New Jersey State Legislature, and Michael Patrick Carroll (R) of the 25th District, are the Primary Sponsors for Assembly Bill 4252,the first of its kind, to decriminalize aspects of the Controlled Dangerous Substances Act. " This bill has not yet been posted online, but the title of the bill is to "Decriminalize possesion of 15 grams or less" of pot. This is an incredible step foward from a state that currently has some pretty tough laws for pot. I personally know people who have been arrested for a half a fucking joint. This causes chaos in the lives of otherwise law abiding citizens. The current laws have a punishment of up to $1,000 fine and 6 months in jail for a first offense, whether you have a half a gram or two ounces, in addition to loss of driver's liscenses.

This is a law that needs to be changed, and once again, our assembly members are trying to lead the way. These people are on our side! we must take advantage of this, and hit these listed people with calls to thanks them for actually trying to change this fucked up state. Numbers are listed below for all current sponsors.

Quote:
Assembly Bill 4252 to Reform State Marijuana Laws Gains Support

Assemblyman Reed Gusciora (D) of the 15th District of the New Jersey State Legislature, and Michael Patrick Carroll (R) of the 25th District, are the Primary Sponsors for Assembly Bill 4252, the first of its kind, to decriminalize aspects of the Controlled Dangerous Substances Act. Activists from NORML NJ and Students for a Sensible Drug Policy (SSDP) were in contact with Assemblyman Gusciora’s office regarding the bill. The bill has not been posted online but will be posted soon. The bill will deal with the decriminalization of possession of marijuana of 15 grams or less.

NORML NJ is proud to announce its coalition building with SSDP to form the campaign to support the bill, Sensible New Jersey. We urge supporters of decriminalization to call the list of initial sponsors below to thank them and show your support.

Reed Gusciora (D) – (609) 292-0500 (Trenton)

Michael Patrick Carroll (R) – (973) 539-8113 (Morristown)

Charlotte Vandervalk (R) – (201) 666-0881 (Westwood)

Valerie Vainieri Huttle (D) – (201) 541-1118 (Englewood) & (201) 928-0100 (Teaneck)

Albert Coutinho (D) – (973) 589-0713 (Newark)

Cleopatra Tucker (D) – (973) 926-4320 (Newark)

Ralph Caputo (D) – (973) 450-0484 (Belleville)

Kevin Ryan (D) – (973) 667-4431 (Nutley)

Declan J. O’Scanlon Jr. (R) – (732) 933-1591 (Red Bank)

Patrick J. Diegnan Jr. (D) – (908) 757-1677 (South Plainfield)

Linda Stender (D) – (908) 668-1900 (Scotch Plains)

Pamela R. Lampitt (D) – (856) 435-1247 (Voorhees)

Gordon Johnson (D) – (201) 836-4924 (Teaneck)

Mila M. Jasey (D) – (973) 762-1886 (South Orange)

Brian Rumpf (R) – (609) 693-6700 (Forked River)

Craig J. Coughlin (D) – (732) 855-7441 (Woodbridge)

Caroline Casagrande (R) – (732) 866-1695 (Freehold)

Spread the word!
when the bill is posted, it will be listed here--->

Currently that page just lists the bills sponsors, people who I am glad are standing up for us.

Now is the time people, pick up a phone and get closer to not worrying about that eight in your pocket making you a "criminal".!

:weed-sign:

E.C.U.G

E.C.U.G

Breeder
Heres wishing you and all the good folks from nj lots of luck!

KMK

soserthc1

soserthc1

great news

we need to get behind this bill if it becomes on a ballet , but i dont think i will be making any phone calls dont want any un nec attention - but we really need to have the same laws in all states as cali and colo - i wanna be a master at this but its so damn hard when you have family and kids to worry about,,,,,,, but i can drink myself into a stuper every night, does anyone else find this ridulas

M

MadBuddhaAbuser

here is the actual legislation, first I have seen of it

http://www.scribd.com/doc/61817660/New-Jersey-Marijuana-Decriminalization-Bill-A4252

its a pain in the ass to read cuz it's sideways, but the basic jist of it is, first time possesion of 15 grams or less will be a $150 fine, second offense $200, third and past offenses $500.

possesion of paraphenalia for less tha 15 grams is no longer a criminal violation, instead a $100 civil fine.
it would also eliminate the requirement that you pay a $50 fine and lose you license for 2 years if you are caught operating a motor vehicle while in possession of 15 grams or less.

5-c115f95fcd.jpg

soserthc1

soserthc1

here is the actual legislation, first I have seen of it

http://www.scribd.com/doc/61817660/New-Jersey-Marijuana-Decriminalization-Bill-A4252

its a pain in the ass to read cuz it's sideways, but the basic jist of it is, first time possesion of 15 grams or less will be a $150 fine, second offense $200, third and past offenses $500.

possesion of paraphenalia for less tha 15 grams is no longer a criminal violation, instead a $100 civil fine.
it would also eliminate the requirement that you pay a $50 fine and lose you license for 2 years if you are caught operating a motor vehicle while in possession of 15 grams or less.

5-c115f95fcd.jpg
MBA- do you know the law for cultivation - for a first time offense ??

R

rockfish

i cant believe christie will go for this. since he has handcuffed the medical mj to make it pretty much impossible to work. it would be nice, nobody need a criminal record for few grams of weed. funny hes going to the wall to fight to legalize sports gambling but theres lots of money in that. so many things in nj make no sense .

soserthc1

soserthc1

i cant believe christie will go for this. since he has handcuffed the medical mj to make it pretty much impossible to work. it would be nice, nobody need a criminal record for few grams of weed. funny hes going to the wall to fight to legalize sports gambling but theres lots of money in that. so many things in nj make no sense .
hear you on that bro.....12k in real estate taxes you should be aloud to do whatever you please in your home....

frostymcfailure

frostymcfailure

I am glad to read & hear this but NJ really should have been behind this ball years ago. After seeing how many lives crooked cops destroyed over their petty ego's & drug war mentality.. Im not sure a band-aid will stop the bleeding on this wound. Seems NJ is bankrolled to be 100% wrapped around big pharma's finger.

soserthc1

soserthc1

jersey bill to decriminlize 15g or less of pot from a felony to a 200 fine was passed today by a vote of 40-yea 30- naw - but the gov say's he will veto it..... breaking news - but dispensary's will open in 2013 ....what a joke this state is - wow what a crummy freeking state....

Top Bottom