Nj public comment period on law till april 23!! And latest news!

• Thread starter MadBuddhaAbuser
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MadBuddhaAbuser

PLEASE KEEP THIS THREAD FREE OF "oh NJ law sucks i'm just gonna blah blah blah.." POSTS, THEY ARE NOT CONSTRUCTIVE AND WILL NOT LEAD TO A BETTER LAW.

There was a public hearing in trenton this past MONDAY MARCH 7th 2011 in Trenton.

I will try to find the video, but a news search of nj+med+hearing+March will pop it up.

WRITE IN YOUR OPINION ON THIS LAW TO THIS ADDRESS
Submit written comments by April 23, 2011 to:
Devon L. Graf, Director
Office of Legal and Regulatory Compliance
Office of the Commissioner
New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services
PO Box 360
Trenton, NJ 08625-0360

As we all know, NJ has currently proposed some pretty shitty laws for medical users. Only 6 stores in the whole state, leaving lengthy drives for cancer patients, no home growing, leaving your only option the often overpriced dispensaries with a 10% cap on THC. the entire bill in its present form can be found here----
The agency proposal follows::anim_09:

it is a 111 page pdf, but if this effects you, THEN READ SOME OF IT.
it is split up into patient information and ATC information.

Everyone in NJ or even near it should do themselves and everyone else a favor and SAY SOMETHING ABOUT THE LAWS. The NJ assembly and senate have already defied christie's attempted even stricter laws in response to the will of the people. Now is the time to do something, do not let it slide past with 10% thc caps and no home growing, along with a 2 oz a month limit.

Beginning next monday I propose we all flood the above address--Submit written comments by April 23, 2011 to:
Devon L. Graf, Director
Office of Legal and Regulatory Compliance
Office of the Commissioner
New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services
PO Box 360
Trenton, NJ 08625-0360

and give our opinions. please try to be lucid and clear and direct. I propose a couple ideas here feel free to use them. I do not think we can be shooting for the moon, but some of these are reasonable.

1. Allow patients to grow 6 Mature plants and 12 overall. Include strict rules about door locks and security systems if you want.
2. Remove the cap on thc. Every other drug is dosed as prescribed by a doctor, We should instead seperate under 10% strains into a slightly different category. Doctors could decide if the patient needed the higher dose or not.
3. Allow ATCs to use edible forms of THC, and to educate about vaporizing buds, as traditional smoking is not ideal for patients.

add whatever you want, the point is ACT NOW. Otherwise we will get stuck with some bullshit. our representatives actually care more about what we think than what the governor thinks for once, we need to take advantage of this.

M

MadBuddhaAbuser

update on the Hearing

TRENTON — For nearly two hours Monday, dozens of patients and their advocates — some through tears, others at the top of their lungs — vented their frustration at restrictions in the state’s proposed rules for New Jersey’s nascent medical marijuana program.

The only person who testified in favor of the health department’s rules was a spokesman from Meadowlands Hospital in Secaucus, who disclosed the hospital had created a nonprofit group and applied to be a licensed grower and seller of state-sanctioned marijuana.

The remaining 100 minutes of the hearing in Trenton was devoted criticizing the Christie administration’s proposals.

Riding a scooter to the podium, multiple sclerosis patient Sandy Faiola of Asbury Park questioned why the state wants to limit the potency of the drug sold to 10 percent tetrahydrocannabinol. "Cannabis with THC levels of 10 percent or less may help some patient’s needs but not mine," said Faiola, who suffers from severe muscle spasms and pain.

Medical marijuana's future in New Jersey Medical marijuana's future in New Jersey With so little information about how New Jersey's program will work, The Star-Ledger visited two states with very different cannabis laws -- New Mexico, which the New Jersey Legislature looks to as a model of a responsible medical marijuana program, and Colorado, which has lax laws and is seen by some as a state that has lost control. (Video by John Munson / The Star-Ledger) Watch video
She also said it was "excessive" to charge a $200 fee on caregivers who agree to retrieve a housebound patient’s marijuana from a dispensary.

"My primary caregiver already spends many hours a month helping me do things like travel to appointments and pick up medicine, food and other things I need. Asking her to also pay $200 for a New Jersey permit in order to help me get this medicine is wrong," Faiola said.

Crohn’s disease sufferer Stephen Cuspilich of Southampton questioned why doctors must take courses in drug addiction, recommend pot for patients only after traditional remedies have failed, and promise to wean patients off marijuana as quickly possible.

"You’re putting these flaming hoops and hurdles in front of everybody to get this medication — me and everyone else,’’ Cuspilich said. "You need to stop thinking about the business of the law and think about the intent of the law, which is compassion.’’

Lobbyist Raj Mukherji, who represents Meadowlands Hosptial and its new organization, Compassion Care Centers of America Foundation, complimented the administration for planning to gather data on how the drug helps patients and what strain and potency works best.

This "clinically-based medical model, focused on patient outcomes and data analysis, sets New Jersey apart from the other states," he said. He said the administration should not limit the number of plant strains to six because more variety would make it easier to "measure clinical outcomes."

The hearing, though required before the state can adopt new rules, might be for naught. Democrats who control the Legislature are close to overturning the health department’s regulations, and either order the administration to start over or writing the rules itself.

interesting video done by the Star-Ledger paper
has interview with the bill's writer as well in here. worth checking it out.

Ok im trying to link to the vid, but its a java thing on the page above. cant link to it.
Posted on Sunday, August 22, 2010 4:30PM
With so little information about how New Jersey's program will work, The Star-Ledger visited two states with very different cannabis laws -- New Mexico, which the New Jersey Legislature looks to as a model of a responsible medical marijuana program, and Colorado, which has lax laws and is seen by some as a state that has lost control. (Video by John Munson / The Star-Ledger)

M

MadBuddhaAbuser

The hearing, though required before the state can adopt new rules, might be for naught. Democrats who control the Legislature are close to overturning the health department’s regulations, and either order the administration to start over or writing the rules itself.

i think it is important we pay close attention to this fact. WE MUST send letters to the legislature. WE MUST capitalize on this momentum. WE MUST get better laws.

I re-propose my 3 ideas from the first post as a starting point. WE MUST be clear headed when writing. Do not sound like cheech and chongs love child. This is not a joke. there's already articles about all the pothead sounding applications to grow in NJ WITH SPECIFIC QUOTES!. Do not add more, it makes us look dumb.

Please, feel free to add ideas here, no matter where you are from, as long as you keep it sensible. This is our chance. If we get enough people to have a halfway clear set of new rules write into the Legis, we have a chance. The dems HATE christie. He is a fucking asswipe anyway, have you seen his grandstanding on TV lately? "I would win if i ran for prez". Let us use our chance people.

thank you :)

frostymcfailure

frostymcfailure

given we've a 2.5, 5 & 10 % thc cap i dont see NJs medical being anything but crap.. sorry guys i really wanted to break out the land race for NJ to. not my lose

Top Bottom