No Growth Since Day 1

• Thread starter 420BPM
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
420BPM

420BPM

Hello. I am trying to grow auto purple haze.
My current setup:
450W MH. 70W Vantilator. 1m x 1m x 2m homemade grow room with foil reflectors ( I know aint sufficient yet its the only option.)
My soil is called Mixflor I bought from local market. It has hummus, peat, perlit and organic nutrients in it. It has 5,8-6,8 pH (I didn't measure it is indicated on packet.)
It had some issues when germinating this seed. At It sprout with shell on it. I took it off gently with tweezers and didn't give it any harm as It did grow massively first day. IThen it stopped I mean nearly stopped it hasn't grew a bit. Its day 5 it's still same. It sprout in final pot cuz last time I killed my Super Skunk while transplating. I didn't give any water since yesterday when I give probably about 7-10 ml water with 7,5 pH level. Water had waited in grow room with open lid for a while so shocking the plant with cold water isn't issue.
I thought my problem could be about high intensity light so I decided to give it a day with 75 W 6400K CFL. By this method I was able to raise humidity to %50 and decrease temp to 25 C. Nothing has changed.
With MH temp is about 29 C with %35 humidity
With CFL temp is about 25C with 50% humidity
I can't find out the problem. Its really upsetting me help me find out please !
Leaves generally pointing up with %30 angle.
DAY 1:
http://i63.invalid.com/21jc3h5.jpg

DAY 2:
http://i64.invalid.com/2ntxo9l.jpg

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

no pictures to tell,from what your saying this i know,while vegging and or baby seedlings you need that humidity level high,higher the better,that first thing i found,second with your light,do nt over load them right now ,wait to you have true leaves before you crowd the sun in there life,t5 work really well at baby growth,you can keep the light close to keep from stretching so much,third if that is soil your working with,soil ideal ph is 6.5,you can swing from 6 to 6.8,ive always had better soil health with 6.5 ph all the way,do a slurry test on your soil,it is easy,@JWM has a very well put together thread he started last week to instruct you threw it,when you see how easy it is you will never turn back,but that just a quick diagnoise from what you describe imo,get some pics up and more folk will be able to help ya friend

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I had a Sativa that popped and then sat there for 2 weeks. I pulled it out but noticed it had a viable root, so I replanted it and let it go. It survived and is growing, but at least 50% slower than the others. In my experience, I invariably injure the seedling EVERY time I tried to assist, or removed the seed shell, with results like you are describing. You have nothing to lose by letting it continue and it might be OK

420BPM

420BPM

Day 1:
20190320 233309
Day 5:
20190323 125136

420BPM

420BPM

I had a Sativa that popped and then sat there for 2 weeks. I pulled it out but noticed it had a viable root, so I replanted it and let it go. It survived and is growing, but at least 50% slower than the others. In my experience, I invariably injure the seedling EVERY time I tried to assist, or removed the seed shell, with results like you are describing. You have nothing to lose by letting it continue and it might be OK
I added pics

420BPM

420BPM

no pictures to tell,from what your saying this i know,while vegging and or baby seedlings you need that humidity level high,higher the better,that first thing i found,second with your light,do nt over load them right now ,wait to you have true leaves before you crowd the sun in there life,t5 work really well at baby growth,you can keep the light close to keep from stretching so much,third if that is soil your working with,soil ideal ph is 6.5,you can swing from 6 to 6.8,ive always had better soil health with 6.5 ph all the way,do a slurry test on your soil,it is easy,@JWM has a very well put together thread he started last week to instruct you threw it,when you see how easy it is you will never turn back,but that just a quick diagnoise from what you describe imo,get some pics up and more folk will be able to help ya friend
I added pics

Phylex

Phylex

I'm sure it'll be fine. Sometimes they just take a minute to get going. I wouldn't worry about it at all, it's only been 5 days. It will most likely start hitting a good stride in 2-3 more weeks.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I think your seedling looks fine...much better than the one that stalled on me. The color is good, it's not misshapen, and it looks like another set of leaves is coming in...all in all I think you are in good shape. Patience is tough, especially in this operation. I think Sativa's tend to concentrate growth on roots initially, then grow rapidly once established. In any case, the kid looks OK!

420BPM

420BPM

I think your seedling looks fine...much better than the one that stalled on me. The color is good, it's not misshapen, and it looks like another set of leaves is coming in...all in all I think you are in good shape. Patience is tough, especially in this operation. I think Sativa's tend to concentrate growth on roots initially, then grow rapidly once established. In any case, the kid looks OK!
Thanks for that nice reply. Should I 24/0 or 18/6?

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Thanks for that nice reply. Should I 24/0 or 18/6?
I always go for the 18/6, or maybe 20/4. Going straight 24 will keep the plant very compact, as plants do most of their growing during the dark period. I prefer at least 4 hours of darkness, but some folks swear by 24/0. It's a matter of choice and experience, but I prefer some darkness to keep things moving.

Top Bottom