No idea what this is.

• Thread starter Jayreed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jayreed

Jayreed

Hello, it is my first time growing cannabis. I planted these seeds about 3 weeks ago in soil and just noticed the lower two leaves of all three plants turned pale with brown spots/veiny patterns. I think this may be due to over watering, but it may be some deficiency since I haven't yet used any fertilizer on them except some manure that I mixed in soil before planting these. I don't know anything at all about plants so please help. Thanks.
No idea what this is

No idea what this is 2
No idea what this is 3
Allegedly

Allegedly

this may sound mean but it isnt intended that way. It kinda looks like you took an old bucket from the basement, drug it through the creek bed then planted a few seeds in it. Im not sure how you got all that algae. You gotta get yourself a cheap plastic pot and a bag of soil :) grow it how you like, im not judging; if you want good smoke youre going to HAVE to invest a little bit of money and sweat. Cheers I hope you get it sorted and fall in love with growing, its really fun!

Jayreed

Jayreed

Oh yeah! I somehow didn't notice algae at all. The soil is actually from a nearby farm and contained too much clay. There isn't any place to get good soil in 100 km from me since people don't do gardening very much here. So I just mixed half soil and half sand hoping that it will work, which it didn't obviously. Any suggestions for what I could use?

Santa.ClausHOHOHO

Santa.ClausHOHOHO

Wow, where to begin ?
Are you planning on growing these indoors or out.
First thing I would do is transplant them out of that container and into proper size containers.
Do a Google search on Transplanting Cannabis seedlings, its called " Up Potting". It will guide you through proper watering practices, when you move up to a bigger proper pot, when to feed etc. For example having a wee lil transplant in a big pot of soil, it will be hard for the lil plant to absorb all that water and it will drown. A small proper sized container will allow better absorption of the water.

Allegedly

Allegedly

Oh yeah! I somehow didn't notice algae at all. The soil is actually from a nearby farm and contained too much clay. There isn't any place to get good soil in 100 km from me since people don't do gardening very much here. So I just mixed half soil and half sand hoping that it will work, which it didn't obviously. Any suggestions for what I could use?
depends on where you live i suppose, no where to get good soil hmmm what about soilless substrates like coco coir or pete. you could go hydro if thats the case and youre able to find nutrients.

Jayreed

Jayreed

Ok I just ordered cocopeat and perlite along with nutrients for hydroponics. I also ordered plant bags around 8 litres volume. Thanks everyone for help (and not calling me an idiot : )

Allegedly

Allegedly

Ok I just ordered cocopeat and perlite along with nutrients for hydroponics. I also ordered plant bags around 8 litres volume. Thanks everyone for help (and not calling me an idiot : )
start in small containers and work your way up as the plant gets bigger. make sure youre checking your ph and ppm when you start working with the coco/pete so youre staying within the right range. only 1 plant per container moving forward, your plants will choke each other out in the pot. youre not an idiot, learn as you grow ;) cheers!

Santa.ClausHOHOHO

Santa.ClausHOHOHO

Lots of good reading if you type a topic into the search bar up top of the forums. For instance "Watering Transplants" or "Feeding transplants" Tons of good informative reading. But, don't hesitate to ask questions too. Over watering is the biggest mistake we make as beginners, its easy to do. Before you know it, you will be holding up big buds as you trim and say look at that F*^#ker

Jayreed

Jayreed

Lots of good reading if you type a topic into the search bar up top of the forums. For instance "Watering Transplants" or "Feeding transplants" Tons of good informative reading. But, don't hesitate to ask questions too. Over watering is the biggest mistake we make as beginners, its easy to do. Before you know it, you will be holding up big buds as you trim and say look at that F*^#ker
Yes, I am currently reading beginners guide for growing in ccocopeat. And Allegedly, I should have said it properly, but i already have small plastic containers for small seedlings. The bags are for later, thanks anyways.

GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

Dig those out carefully and pop them into some solo cups (with many holes poked in the bottom for drainage) with better soil. Soil can be bought many places - hardware stores, farm suppliers, lumber yards, nurseries, etc. etc.

Plants look great so far!! It’s good to correct issues early on instead of waiting until the shit has hit the proverbial fan.

mancorn

mancorn

To your original question, that’s leaf miner damage on your leaf. Not a big deal (nor do you need to spray for them). Just pluck off the effected leaf.

Personally I would stick to soil instead of changing to cocopeat. Coco is a whole different ball game and takes constant watering and feed - none of which you’re set up to do. With coco you need to supply ALL the plant nutrients, and real easy to get a deficiency or lockout unless you’re really on your game. Just KIS - transplant into dirt in your new fabric bags. You can dig up top soil from your yard. Manure is fine in soil if it has time to compost, but never use fresh. Fresh manure can create a host of problems like mold, mildew, and nasty bacteria like E. coli (that can make you sick.) Maybe you’re WAY out in the bush and have no stores nearby, but normally tons of places to pick up a bag of commercial dirt from hardware or feed stores.

Latest posts

Top Bottom