No Idea Whats Wrong

• Thread starter Midsallday
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Midsallday

I was wondering if anyone had an idea of what is wrong. I have three plants going right now. strain is wedding cake x koolato, two of the three of doing just fine. My problem is one of my plants is wilting like crazy. No pm, no spider mites, no fungus gnats or root aphids. I did find some ants hanging out in the soil the other day but i moved the plants and seems like they havent came back. These are grown outside in ocean forest soil( i know, it was cheap). grown with heavy 16 A and B, athenia microbes, and thats its. Ipm so far has been neem oil and greencure. I pulled the plants out of the container and the roots are bright white and appear healthy. I honestly have no idea whats up. The first picture is the plant I am talking about. I should also add i flush two days ago. Please help.​

No idea whats wrong
No idea whats wrong 2
No idea whats wrong 3
Monster762

Monster762

I was wondering if anyone had an idea of what is wrong. I have three plants going right now. strain is wedding cake x koolato, two of the three of doing just fine. My problem is one of my plants is wilting like crazy. No pm, no spider mites, no fungus gnats or root aphids. I did find some ants hanging out in the soil the other day but i moved the plants and seems like they havent came back. These are grown outside in ocean forest soil( i know, it was cheap). grown with heavy 16 A and B, athenia microbes, and thats its. Ipm so far has been neem oil and greencure. I pulled the plants out of the container and the roots are bright white and appear healthy. I honestly have no idea whats up. The first picture is the plant I am talking about. I should also add i flush two days ago. Please help.​
Are they possibly drying too much? That will wilt just like an overwater but leaves will be crunchier not soft.

M

Midsallday

No I keep them watered pretty proper, if anything a little too much water. I give them a day or two to dry out. They are in 7 gallon pot. Im also in so call and its been 90's the last week or so

Daikokuten

Daikokuten

They look a little over watered and over fed to me, nothing dramatic. Looks like a little wind damage and heat damage. Was it windy recently or is it in an open spot? It overall looks healthy so imo back on food and water a touch. Maybe let her dry well and give a water feed. Feed less often with more runoff and maybe block her if wind is a factor. I would spray her in pre dawn morning with just ro also to rinse off any neem that could be accelerating heat and water damage. Did you move her to a more open, sunny spot, and then over love her? That's my gut feeling.

M

Midsallday

Its probably is getting too hot with all that black plastic. I used the black pots cause I'm going for a Nov/dec harvest. Guess ill transplant to tan smart pots. @Daikokuten I did just move them to a new spot that probably gets more wind and def more sun, that maybe have a lot to do with it. I also did rinse off the neem today. but i found more ants in the soil when i watered. I put some cinnamon on the soil and by the drain hole. Probably too much love. They have had a tuff life up until this point. left them for two weeks while i went on vacation, these three are the only survivors. What I like to call a strong independent woman. Thanks for the input fella.

Last edited:
rootexcess

rootexcess

Typical reasons I see this overwatering/improper soil aeration (doesn't look consistent with under watering as much as overwatering), high PH, too warm/cold or low RH. Though I have grown strains consistent with that plant morphology that also has leaves that naturally droop at the bottom-middle of the plant a bit like yours. Some strains are just less turgid. However, something doesn't quite seem right. When you checked for root aphids (since you did say you saw ants), when you pulled the root ball out did you stare at it for a good bit of time? Sometimes they are hard to see.

M

Midsallday

Typical reasons I see this overwatering/improper soil aeration (doesn't look consistent with under watering as much as overwatering), high PH, too warm/cold or low RH. Though I have grown strains consistent with that plant morphology that also has leaves that naturally droop at the bottom-middle of the plant a bit like yours. Some strains are just less turgid. However, something doesn't quite seem right. When you checked for root aphids (since you did say you saw ants), when you pulled the root ball out did you stare at it for a good bit of time? Sometimes they are hard to see.
Yeah I inspected real good for root aphids. I have ant problems on this property. they are most likly just going after any molasses in the soil

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I grow in AZ you need to as @stonestacker said get something wrapped around those pots to get your root temps down. I use simple gardening section sunshade. Wrap it around the pots and you will drop rootzone temps by 20-30 deg. You gurls will thank you for it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom