No male flowers

• Thread starter W8ing4Buds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W8ing4Buds

W8ing4Buds

I'm using 37ppm colloidal silver on a auto female. After 16 days there is still no signs of male flowers.
Is this normal?
Using it 2x a day!

TheOtherOne

TheOtherOne

Iv'e never done it before, so I can only offer hearsay that should be taken with a grain of salt but i have heard from others and on forums that the silver doesnt always take, there is another method that I hear is better, but the name escapes me. Also just speculation but could your strain just be resistant to the method? It would be an interesting conversation to have with someone who has done it with a variety of strains and kept notes!

W8ing4Buds

W8ing4Buds

I did this before with CS and it was greate. After 7 days i saw first signs and after 10day with alot of imagination you could say that you see bannanas... But now?
I realy don't know.

P

PROMETHEUSRISING

I understand it's possible to encourage hermaphrodites by putting them into flower (<12 hour light cycle) and then bringing them out by going to a veg cycle. As I understand it, this can be done many times, and doing so encourages it. But I've yet to verify, though I intend to. I also really want to play with strains.

TheOtherOne

TheOtherOne

longer flower time for these new strains? Also, what he said ^. Although i am not sure about for your purpose how well it would work

W8ing4Buds

W8ing4Buds

I'm trying to self this one because it's just incredible strain. So I'm sprayng 2 lower branches to gest some pollen to polinate the rest of the plant. The problem is that after more than 2 weeks there is still no sign of male flowers.
Just looking for someone that had the same problem. Well I'll carry on spraying it for next 2 weeks, after that i will write it off.... And try my luck with next one

Junior OG

Junior OG

Automatics go into flower way too fast for colloidal silver to work consistently. The silver does not technically cause male flowers. Technically, the silver PREVENTS female flowers by blocking ethylene. Then, the plant will do the only other thing it can do...make pollen sacks.

On a regular plant, you start spraying colloidal silver about a week before you switch to 12/12 for flowering, and then you keep spraying until you see pollen sacks halfway formed. This totally prevents female flowers from forming.

Autos go straight into flowering from seedling. You need something stronger. You need Silver Thiosulfate, otherwise known as STS.

PEACE

Junior OG

Junior OG

You can make your own. It really is a lot cheaper that way, and you have control over the quality. Watch this, pay close attention. Details matter.

PEACE

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
37 ppm might be a little low, as I always was told that 50PPM was at the bottom of dosage levels. I had mixed results when using a 100-200 ppm solution and didn't see any flowers, but I DID find a few seeds, so it must have worked to some degree.

TheOtherOne

TheOtherOne

37 ppm might be a little low, as I always was told that 50PPM was at the bottom of dosage levels. I had mixed results when using a 100-200 ppm solution and didn't see any flowers, but I DID find a few seeds, so it must have worked to some degree.
My blue dreams did that this last run, so i blundered upon my own fem blue drrams, and i never let anyone know so they got mixed in with everything else lol, so its still a guessing game. Im just thankful that BD is a pretty recognizable strain. Could you maybe start a new thred, or even on this one, logging your progress? If you have or are willing please send a ling. I have been interested in this for some time now, and have done the reading, but it is nice to seen the process step by step from making the solution to harvesting the beans. Thanks mna

Latest posts

Top Bottom