No More Powdery Mildew

• Thread starter Cold Country
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cold Country

Cold Country

I have received my Actinovate fungicide I see it is a topical spray can anyone tell me which application rate to use ?

Dr.Trichome

Dr.Trichome

I think the 1/2 teaspoon rate is fine.
I don't think you can over doit, just waste product really.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I have received my Actinovate fungicide I see it is a topical spray can anyone tell me which application rate to use ?
No instruction label came with it? How about an MSDS? If not, I'd be suspect of the product. Google should pull all info up for you.

Cold Country

Cold Country

Yes I got a msds and instructions for many different application rates for different crops,just no rate for cannabis so I thought I would ask people that are clearly using the product and that have seemed very helpful previously,wrong thing to do ?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Personally I really prefer to find a correlate plant (tomatoes and peppers are usually pretty good correlates) and use the labeled dosing from that, OR I will go with the lowest rate given on the label over asking online pretty much any day of the week. If I find that there *are* no correlate plants, that tells me I don't want to use it on my sweet leaf.

It's important for us, as a group, to be responsible in our use of products that are not approved for use on cannabis, especially because so often it's medicine and because we earn our reputations collectively by our practices. I've seen many, many people get products with no labels who haven't bothered to even use Google, so I asked the questions of you. Also, I once placed an order for a product that I received in a sandwich Ziploc baggie with a printed address label with scant dosing instructions, so I don't even know if I got what I thought I was getting, ya dig?

This touches on an issue that most people aren't aware of, and that is the legality of using products on a plant that are not approved by the EPA to be used on. @Capulator can tell anyone that it's quite a process to go through for labeling, and because of cannabis' legal status nothing can be approved for use on it. Interestingly enough, as of 2012 there was nothing approved for use on quinoa crops, either, though I would expect that to be much easier to change than cannabis.

Btw, I'm not trying to say others aren't being helpful when they answer you. All I'm trying to say is that the most reliable information is that which is given by the manufacturer. :)

Last edited:
Cold Country

Cold Country

Thanks for your reply and understand about fake products that is why I bought from a large legitimate company.
In regards to the "use anything" mentality your right scary,I grow meds for my wife and I,our health is my biggest concern .
I started out 25 years ago with hydro,shitty ventilation and poor air movement no issues,now I use a dehuie vent fans lots of movement and now I have troubles,lol.

Dr.Trichome

Dr.Trichome

Right on and yes to all that.
I'm with ya on putting things into others and myself by my methods.
I was happy to hear you had gotten it, it's great, safe. I know this. But I could be a crackpot for all anybody else knows.
But I got a shiver reading sea's comment, cause it's true. It happens that advice gets given and taken without enough thought. and pests, molds diseases, ect are a prime time to be extra careful about what goes in our meds.
With that said, kick powdery mildew ass!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I probably should have kept a count of all the times I've seen people discussing making up their own dosing rates for stuff like Avid and Eagle20, often at much lower rates, the kinds of rates that actually select out for resistance. To say it drives me up the wall is understating the situation.

bighempn

bighempn

In regards to milk,how long before harvest do I stop sraying and start rinsing ?

i know this is kind of a late response but might help someone else….. if its not chemical then I'm pretty sure you can use it right up until harvest. I've battled pm many times. if you really want to beat pm though, use eagle 20 from cuttings and then once before flowering and you will have no issues and it always helps to change it up if your running the same strain over and over again and i know a lot of people are scared of chem fungicides and pesticides but as long as you don't use it in flower your good and it will be out of the plants system. the produce we buy at the store has avid and eagle 20 used on it regularly so don't fool your selves... another HUGE help is to get your room in check. this means RH at or below 50% and keep your temps above 76 degrees but under 85 of course and up your fans and maybe even vent your room. pm loves cold and wet environments. if you get into flower and get hit bad, cull the plants if you see it heavily inside the buds and on stems cuz you've pretty much lost the battle with those ones but you can use green cure (sodium bicarbonate) to great effect although it won't wipe it out with one treatment so you will need to do it once every 5-7 days and above all, DO NOT spray under the lights!!!! it will burn the shit out of your plants! (i know this because I've learned the hard way and thought id be ok spraying 10 mins before lights out once) pull each plant out of the room under a decent but not insanely bright fluorescent light and spray green cure @ 1/2 to 1 tblsp per gallon of RO water and drench the shit out of them, buds and all and then place a fan in front of it and let it dry for about 20-30 mins before you put it back under the lights. worst case scenario, you harvest and have to use a green cure dip on the buds and then dip them in plain water right after. that should help remove any unwanted flavors for the buds but its not idea of course but better then losing an entire run.

hope this helps.

Last edited:
bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
I've had a hell of a battle with pm. Used milk. Raw. Brewed my own lacto bacillus, green cure. H202, sulphur, everything man serious. Best hands down

Preventative, I spray with a caps bene foliar non brewed straight to the sprayer with a touch of molllases and a 1/4 tsp of yucca for a spreader sticker. I then move to actinovate. I made sure the plants are fine do a week and then hit then with green cure. Don't over do it or you'll do more harm then good burning pistils what not. Then I do organicide... Twice to week 5-6 in flower and that's enough to see nothing. I clean with h202 32% (just spray it everywhere) and do some beneficial foliar stuff like caps foliar and actinovate. I reccomend organicidine instead of JMS stylet because it's so easy to over do stylet and organicidine gets the other bugs you MAY have causing the outbreak. Look at the color of your fan leavs... Are they vibrant and thick... Red kinda with a huge groove? That's a sign of good natural pest defense on the plant. Some are natural sceptible to the PM SO FUCK those plants or take super ol good care (eagle 20 at week 2 in veg ONCE) I don't even use it

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I've had a hell of a battle with pm. Used milk. Raw. Brewed my own lacto bacillus, green cure. H202, sulphur, everything man serious. Best hands down

Preventative, I spray with a caps bene foliar non brewed straight to the sprayer with a touch of molllases and a 1/4 tsp of yucca for a spreader sticker. I then move to actinovate. I made sure the plants are fine do a week and then hit then with green cure. Don't over do it or you'll do more harm then good burning pistils what not. Then I do organicide... Twice to week 5-6 in flower and that's enough to see nothing. I clean with h202 32% (just spray it everywhere) and do some beneficial foliar stuff like caps foliar and actinovate. I reccomend organicidine instead of JMS stylet because it's so easy to over do stylet and organicidine gets the other bugs you MAY have causing the outbreak. Look at the color of your fan leavs... Are they vibrant and thick... Red kinda with a huge groove? That's a sign of good natural pest defense on the plant. Some are natural sceptible to the PM SO FUCK those plants or take super ol good care (eagle 20 at week 2 in veg ONCE) I don't even use it

Root pack = actinovate plus lots of other cool shit.

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
Thanks for the tip man. In out currently, gah always missin one sometimes lol. Thanks cap

dorjewright

dorjewright

For pm control that leaves no residue and can be used right up to harvest I settled for OxiDate after a very close call with stylet oil (burned the leaves somewhat) here's what I've been doing this last week: Stopped trying to use a spreader with OxiDate since I'm a week away from harvest. (I don't have a major infestation of pm just a scattering. ) First thing lower humidity to 50 % pr less; mix 2.5 teas oxidate to 32oz water. Then go over each girl (16 total) and spray each spot of pm. The OxiDate with out a spreader beads up but still destroys the pm if sprayed hard and directly on the spot Then I pick off the leaf if needed. Use rubber gloves and get right on top of the pm and blast it with the sprayer.

Top Bottom