No nutes till flower with organic living soil?

• Thread starter ImpulsiveGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Hey farmer fam new indoor grower here. I originally planned to use 5 gallon pots with FFHF and purple cow indicanja soil and then not using any nutes until flower (30-40 day veg). I’ve now ended up with more plants than intended so my question is. Since I’m using 3 gallon instead of 5 will I not make it to flower without using nutes? Or will I still be ok to veg in 3 gallon with no Nutes till flower. Below included a pic of the purple cow soil since not a lot of ppl know about it and then everyone knows FFHP. The purple cow is hotter soil...

No nutes till flower with organic living soil
No nutes till flower with organic living soil 2
XxHammer

XxHammer

Hey brother, it seems we are on the same course and doing a lot of the same things. I am going to be using FFOF in 5-gallon pots myself, I was going to use 3-gallon but then talked myself out of it as I do not want to transplant them more than 1 time.

I planned on letting the FFOF provide the nutes for my plants for the first 3-4 weeks of their Veg, which will likely end up being their entire Veg period since I am "Rooting," for 18-19 days.

So I get what youre saying, I now think I will not end up adding nutes to my water feedings until the Flowering stage and I think this will be okay since the FFOF soil is very nutrient-rich.

When are you transplanting into your 3-gallon pots? I am second-guessing my decision to go straight to 5-gal. but I think I'll be okay as long as I water correctly.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Never used that medium but 99% of my indoor plants go in 3gal nursery pots, some get quite large, look at health of plants if the soil is any good it will be ok since your so close to adding bloom nutrients anyhow.

20210214 144613
20201126 081247
ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Hey brother, it seems we are on the same course and doing a lot of the same things. I am going to be using FFOF in 5-gallon pots myself, I was going to use 3-gallon but then talked myself out of it as I do not want to transplant them more than 1 time.

I planned on letting the FFOF provide the nutes for my plants for the first 3-4 weeks of their Veg, which will likely end up being their entire Veg period since I am "Rooting," for 18-19 days.

So I get what youre saying, I now think I will not end up adding nutes to my water feedings until the Flowering stage and I think this will be okay since the FFOF soil is very nutrient-rich.

When are you transplanting into your 3-gallon pots? I am second-guessing my decision to go straight to 5-gal. but I think I'll be okay as long as I water correctly.
Yes from what I’ve read and from talking with the guy at my local hydro store you should be good not using any nutes till flower bc the FFOF provides everything you need. Some ppl grow in coco which has zero nutes but since we are both using organic living soil we should be alright till flower. My only concern was I’ve planned and researched everything around 5 gallon pots even when I talked to the local hydro store guy so I was wondering if I’m still alright to not fertilize till flower using 3 gallon pots. Ya I remember you commenting on my thread yesterday. I have you a follow to btw. Can you give me some insight of your setup?

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Never used that medium but 99% of my indoor plants go in 3gal nursery pots, some get quite large, look at health of plants if the soil is any good it will be ok since your so close to adding bloom nutrients anyhow.
You didn’t do any plant training? She’s looking really good how many plants do you grow at a time?

XxHammer

XxHammer

Here is my setup:

What day are your plants on? And how many plants do you have?

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
you are transplanting into 100% purple cow indicanja?
Well originally I was gonna do half purple cow on the bottom and half FFHP on top but now that I’m only doing 3 gallons I’m gonna go with the purple cow all the way.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Here is my setup:

What day are your plants on? And how many plants do you have?
Day 15 with 6 plants.

XxHammer

XxHammer

Yeah. Were at the exact same spot then basically. Mine are either Day 15 or Day 16 now (I forget and I am at work) and I have 5 plants but will only be keeping 4 as I think 4 just fit better than 5.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Still hoping I can get some pointers about this...

L.g.o.420

L.g.o.420

Hey farmer fam new indoor grower here. I originally planned to use 5 gallon pots with FFHF and purple cow indicanja soil and then not using any nutes until flower (30-40 day veg). I’ve now ended up with more plants than intended so my question is. Since I’m using 3 gallon instead of 5 will I not make it to flower without using nutes? Or will I still be ok to veg in 3 gallon with no Nutes till flower. Below included a pic of the purple cow soil since not a lot of ppl know about it and then everyone knows FFHP. The purple cow is hotter soil...
Brother I'm using same soil n my blueberry in 1.5 gal n she 8 weeks you r fine

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Brother I'm using same soil n my blueberry in 1.5 gal n she 8 weeks you r fine
I ended up having a deficiency in 2 of my plants so I started giving them cal/mag and now I’m using organic dry amendments and they are doing great! One of the pics is my ghost train haze after being supercropped.
B5010382 0CE5 4AF7 A198 8BA1DE28E435
AE2D02A1 6062 41D1 9243 8EC9581590C4
04C463F6 FE6F 499A B24E 4A1E79050F21

L.g.o.420

L.g.o.420

IMG 20210526 063440 01
IMG 20210526 063440 04
IMG 20210526 063440 02
IMG 20210526 063440 03
IMG 20210526 063440 05
IMG 20210526 063440 06
ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Had a cal mag def on my 2nd northern light she all scared up
Loving the pictures man those buds are looking nice!! I can’t wait to be at that stage of the grow! Just added co2 enrichment today!! Love this amazing plant 🙏

L.g.o.420

L.g.o.420

Loving the pictures man those buds are looking nice!! I can’t wait to be at that stage of the grow! Just added co2 enrichment today!! Love this amazing plant 🙏
My first official grow, it such an amazingly great feeling an accomplishment

Slickrick82

Slickrick82

That's what I use I think it works great but I say b better of in a 5 gallon cuz I think it uses more nutes in smaller pots. But I also use 3 gallon pots too. I'm going to no till after this grow but. Add some worm casting some mulch or. Compost

Top Bottom