No one addresses odor in the micro grows

• Thread starter mikeb437
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mikeb437

mikeb437

What does everyone do about odor? That's one of the most important issues and no one has a word to say about it. I'm using a 5" pc fan to draw out the hot air from my grow but that's not strong enough to use with a carbon filter. Small grow or not, there's gonna be some smell to the weed so what is everyone doing about it? And there's no way I'm gonna but a huge 4" fan with a filter for a micro grow and a stealth grow as well!! Thought maybe ona gel would work but will that work with a fan going?

pwg_captin420

pwg_captin420

What does everyone do about odor? That's one of the most important issues and no one has a word to say about it. I'm using a 5" pc fan to draw out the hot air from my grow but that's not strong enough to use with a carbon filter. Small grow or not, there's gonna be some smell to the weed so what is everyone doing about it? And there's no way I'm gonna but a huge 4" fan with a filter for a micro grow and a stealth grow as well!! Thought maybe ona gel would work but will that work with a fan going?

Good question!! I'm subed

phenotyper

phenotyper

Get some ona gel. Works great for smaller spaces. Your exhaust will smell like dryer sheets.

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

Have you checked out DaddyFatSacks mini SCROG? He built an odor controlling box that's like a carbon filter, you should peep his thing out. Ona gel is available on Amazon.com...

I personally don't care about smell.. not an issue for me...

lollipopman

lollipopman

vaportek optimum 4000

Don't waste your money on the ona...

mikeb437

mikeb437

Does it need to be ona gel? I found some odor remover gel but not from ona.

G

Grow2BFree

I was using dryer sheets for a while in my growbox, but the smell still got too strong and you could smell it outside my house after a while anyway, and I got scared and moved my plant outside in the woods.

mikeb437

mikeb437

Is the vaportech a good product that will kill the smell? Have you actually used it?

C

CarloMarx

You could build a little filter around your outtake fan with something like this:

McCannabis

McCannabis

Yeah I'm kinda in the same boat. Here's my setup. I know these plants are gonna start stinking, because if I put my nose near them I can already smell it. I don't use an exhaust or intake, just a simple fan to get air movement. Any cheap ideas that might dull the smell when these get ready to flower?

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

McCannabis, there is nothing you are going to be able to do to control odor. you are growing in a cardboard box, a highly porous material that will leak odor like nothing was there. Build yourself a small cabinet out of wood and then build a small carbon filter using activated charcoal from a pet supply store, a pair of stockings and vent ending from a hardware store.

Small carbon filters are actually very easy to build and are very suitable for micro and cabinet grows. The real issue with micro grows is closing them up. Often the doors will have small gaps that will allow odors to escape. If the doors of the cabinet are properly sealed when closed then the odor will be significantly less of an issue.

McCannabis

McCannabis

I'm trying to gather materials to build a significant grow box but funds are tight. I need to come up with a better setup but I'm strapped for cash. I'm looking at a box about four or five feet tall, 1.5 ft deep and about two foot wide. I know if I could make a box I'd be in a lot better spot right now. As for materials best suggestions?

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

I'm trying to gather materials to build a significant grow box but funds are tight. I need to come up with a better setup but I'm strapped for cash. I'm looking at a box about four or five feet tall, 1.5 ft deep and about two foot wide. I know if I could make a box I'd be in a lot better spot right now. As for materials best suggestions?

Just use cheap plywood from any hardware store.

McCannabis

McCannabis

Got it. I'll try to get it finished before I flower. Christmas is coming maybe I'll get a grow box! Lol

Tejashidrow

Tejashidrow

Been growing micro forever
Look for low Odar strains
Ona works pretty goodTry to get/DIY a small carbon filter with muffin fan combo
Like this on eBay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-CARBON-FI...hash=item257e053e1a:m:m2kge2tIR2bQix-QA_FuVFA

There are diys for mini charcoal filters on Google.
Have bloom cycle come on at night... Less street traffic
Have a fan going in the room with your grow box to keep air mixed and moving
Know what direction your wind is blowing daily
Plant very "planty" smelling flowers/plants around your house.
Good luck!!!
Tj Hidrow

Top Bottom