No roots on my shoots

• Thread starter Waterbearer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Waterbearer

Waterbearer

Hey guys i can use some help getting these cuts rooted. I have two cuttings that have bre sitting in water for two weeks now and I am not seeing any roots, although are still alive but not thriving. They were dipped in Remo and rooting powder. They are too tall for my dome so they are on an east facing window sill. I keep the water around the roots warmusing one glass cup in a larger opaque plastic cup.
I am about to dip again and pop them into a rapid rooter plug ( or a solo cup and some Ocean Forest soil ) There are some rootson one..m

No roots on my shoots
No roots on my shoots 2
3cats

3cats

Hey guys i can use some help getting these cuts rooted. I have two cuttings that have bre sitting in water for two weeks now and I am not seeing any roots, although are still alive but not thriving. They were dipped in Remo and rooting powder. They are too tall for my dome so they are on an east facing window sill. I keep the water around the roots warmusing one glass cup in a larger opaque plastic cup.
I am about to dip again and pop them into a rapid rooter plug ( or a solo cup and some Ocean Forest soil ) There are some rootson one..m
it doesn't look like you scratched the bottom bark off. After cutting at 45 lightly scrape the outer bark about 1 " with a razor blade. light;y just scrape 1 inch to leave the inner core. dip that end in your root starter and stick it in saturated soil with a pre made hole with clonex or what ever rooting substance you use, keep in the shade or in a dome in the shade with high humidity 65 % - 70%, spray daily until roots show..no direct light. Think jungle canopy cover and warm sprouts

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
I am about to dip again and pop them into a rapid rooter plug

^ This is all you need to do. They should fit in the tray without the dome and be fine, as they're obviously used to not having a dome at this point.

Next time try to make smaller cuttings that fit in your dome or just use rapid rooter plugs in the first place. Much higher success rate this way.

Btw Howdy, and welcome to the Farm! 🤠

Waterbearer

Waterbearer

it doesn't look like you scratched the bottom bark off. After cutting at 45 lightly scrape the outer bark about 1 " with a razor blade. light;y just scrape 1 inch to leave the inner core. dip that end in your root starter and stick it in saturated soil with a pre made hole with clonex or what ever rooting substance you use, keep in the shade or in a dome in the shade with high humidity 65 % - 70%, spray daily until roots show..no direct light. Think jungle canopy cover and warm sprouts
You’re correct, I completely forgot that little detail. I wonder if doing that now (scraping) would help get the roots going? Guess it couldn’t hurt at this point. I’ll give it a shot and see what happens. Thanks for your advice. I’ll make sure she’s got some jungle love comin in.

Waterbearer

Waterbearer

^ This is all you need to do. They should fit in the tray without the dome and be fine, as they're obviously used to not having a dome at this point.

Next time try to make smaller cuttings that fit in your dome or just use rapid rooter plugs in the first place. Much higher success rate this way.

Btw Howdy, and welcome to the Farm! 🤠
Glad to be here and thank you for the welcome. I’ll be taking cuttings and lollipoping today, prepping for the flip. I’ll be sure to keep them short this time.. Great advice and hope to see around the Farm ❗🧙 PS can I take multiple cuts from the same branch ?

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Glad to be here and thank you for the welcome. I’ll be taking cuttings and lollipoping today, prepping for the flip. I’ll be sure to keep them short this time.. Great advice and hope to see around the Farm ❗🧙 PS can I take multiple cuts from the same branch ?

Yes, definitely.

They root better if smaller with max 4 leaves, but still, if conditions are right, it's fairly easy to get all cuts to root.
^^ What he said, 💯

Latest posts

Top Bottom