No smell or taste to my bud

• Thread starter mikeb437
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aerojoe

Aerojoe

After looking through your journal, there's a few things I would change for next time and possibly could salvage this grow if you haven't harvested everything already. First I'd get a proper measuring tool, so that you have something to go off of. Seems your nutes were your biggest issues this grow. second I'd try to prolong your drying to atleast 7 days, cause you mentioned the low RH, seems it could be quick drying your stuff and making it lose flavor/smell. Other than that it seems your on the right track, just keep trying to improve my friend. gl w/ your harvest. I'm about a week behind u on my harvest.

mikeb437

mikeb437

I did harvest. I actually soaked one of the rock wool cubes I was growing in with water and stuck it in the grow box that the plants are hanging in. the rh has been between 40-50% since rhen and the plant itself has moistened up. This will definitely prolong the drying process!! I also have a small fan blowing in the box for air circulation but not directly on the hanging plants. Thanks for the great info!

M

maxstyles

You may use a sulfur burner when the lights are on (stomata open) to supplement sulfur. This produces SO2 which is available to the plant as a nutrient. Epsom salts will also provide Sulfur in the form of sulfate (Epsom = Mg+ SO4-).
Hey squiggly, when using a sulphur burner do u have to rinse the plants off before harvest? Thanks

D

Dai

People do say don't have a fan blowing directly on them huh... I cut mine at the base... Hang them whole.. Get most the humidity out of the air in the 1st 2 days then keep it on 52% with an osolating fan blowing gently on the plants to help the chlorophyll evaporate from the plant not absorb iin to the plant which I believe happens when there is no air getting through the plants to evaporate it from the plants that's why peoples weed smells like hay and don't taste tidy so that's what I do and I dont put it in jars or cure it and its mouthwatering taste and it stinks and by doing it this way I believe it locks the flavour and smell in to the bud sort of seals it sounds stupid try it

WankirA

WankirA

Not sure how much help this is but I've got some boveda RH packs which if correct, will remove or add RH to jars as required.

This sounds like it may help stop your nugs drying out too fast, especially since you appear to be in arid zone.

Am in UK but humidity has been a real prob here for last month or so, being too damn high.
It's averaging about 65%.

The boveda packs come in differing levels but mine are for 62 %, so finger crossed they will help with a slow cure.

Nonplussed by the absense of smell, not something I've come accross before
Good luck mate..

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I am in a highly dry area. Absolutely no humidity in the air. The rh in my box the other night was approx 15% before I watered my plants.. That's very lowwwww! Is that going to be a problem for my drying? What's the optimum rh?
Imho 60% (+/-2%) You must buy humidifier for best results! GL!

Top Bottom