No-till 2 Gallon Problems

• Thread starter SoilGame
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SoilGame420

SoilGame420

Why is it some people only point out the obvious and don't offer any useful information?
I have solved the problem by giving another flowering top-dress, first time was too light, I also added an sst/bacterial innoculant/humic combo and then an ACT two days later. Cleared everything right up. The problem was too light of a top dress. Using the small containers, I thought it best to go light on the amendments but I went too light. Also 2 gal smart pots dry out FAST. Especially during flowering, it may require watering twice a day on some days. Living soil, should never dry out completely it will kill the microbiology.
For any new growers out there, take ALL growing advice with a few grains of salt. Do your own research and talk to as many people as possible. Don't be skeered to ask for help, it's the only way we get better, grow together..

Dunge

Dunge

Why is it some people only point out the obvious and don't offer any useful information?

As one of the offenders, I went back to see what you were talking about. Couldn't find it.
I was trying to help, but the problem was a setup.
They looked like they were starving, and they were starving.

The answer is always obvious in retrospect.

I think you owe us a few proof of recovery pics.

BudBogart

BudBogart

Do you think it's too late to add a good flower amendment mix? Including fish? I'm at day 15. It's just very hard to know with 2 gal. Such a stupid move but I promise I had no choice at the time..

Sorry for delay. Many fish products. Fish meal adds nitro and fish bone meal adds P. Kelp adds K. Just examples of stuff I use. Without analyzing your soil, going over everything that's been added to this point I couldn't recommend what or what not to add.
I think the best guess so far is nute lock out, a common problem in smaller pots, newer growers, etc. the ferts I refer to above are all natural organic, finely ground so sprinkling on top of soil, scratching 1/4 inch in and watering. I like to avoid liquids and anything with the words " derived from". Remember that cannabis grows easily in a basic garden soil. I grow 8-10 foot tall, 8 foot wide bushes with very little else beyond the products I've listed.
Lots of experienced growers tweak their grows to maximize various desire able effects, but until you learn how to be a basic canna farmer, I suggest the approach of less is best. More damage, by far, is done by adding too much of something then anything else I see here.

BudBogart

BudBogart

I'm two weeks into flowering, there are flowers just not in that pic. I mention the cover crop because I cut it and mulched it to try to add N to the soil, I was asking about this because it probably takes too long to have any affect. I don't know why they would be locked out, I've only used organic fertilizers up until yesterday.. And like I said, I went very light on the amendments. They are definitely nitrogen deficient. I simply need a quick way, other than bottles, to feed and fix the nutrient issues for the remainder. I have others in 3 and 5 gal that are doing great, no problems at all.

When you grow a cover crop it draws nitrogen from your soil. We usually mulch the cover crop early enough for it to compost into biologically useable stuff. When first turned in it may also deplete further nitrogen as it breaks down. I just am not sure how all this works in a smaller pot. Would not be my recommendation.
No one wants to tell you to bump up your nitrogen because it's just not a thing we recommend during flowering. In flowering you want a higher P and K feeding and less N.

SoilGame420

SoilGame420

I didn't know that the white clover drew nitrogen from the soil. From what I understand, white clover is a nitrogen fixer and takes it from the air, thereby not depleting the soil. Thank you all for your help. I am actually an experienced grower, this is my first no-till however, and first time 100 percent organic, usually do soilless and og nutes. I was led to believe that lock out is not really possible with organic dry fertilizers, because they are not salt based like the liquid nutes so I knew it was not lock out. It obviously needed nitrogen, and being starved(unintentionally) and this is definitely because of the small pots. They work great for soilless, could push out 5 footers all day with 2 gal smarts, but they are not ideal for this style of cultivation. I didn't have the money to get pots before this cycle but I think it advisable to anyone in a similar situation to never do something unless you are prepared.. And willing to accept the consequences. Living soil and growing in general takes a lot of planning to accomplish successfully, it can't be rushed. Rushing and moment to moment actions are part of the bottled nutrient mentality. "Got a problem?" "Want bigger buds?" Want your plants to grow faster?" "Buy this, buy that" boom boom boom and then you're broke and your weed sucks.. Really though, gratitude to everyone and to this website for being available 24/7 , respect.

SoilGame420

SoilGame420

As one of the offenders, I went back to see what you were talking about. Couldn't find it.
I was trying to help, but the problem was a setup.
They looked like they were starving, and they were starving.

The answer is always obvious in retrospect.

I think you owe us a few proof of recovery pics.
Will post some before/after pics when lights come on later. Youre right, hindsite is 20/20.

M

muckhomor

Hey Brother, Just wondering if youre still running like this?

B

Burned Haze

I would buy nitro bat guano ( every 2 weeks ) or super bat guano ( shows n def ) by roots organics , that stuff ( even for dry amendments ) is super fast acting and worth every penny. It’s a great N booster that’s non liquid and cheap.

I used it for 3+ years as a dry combo in my outdoors and it never made my (36) 200 gal not green that’s fosure lol ( I think that’s what they brewed for their line for souls grow-N just additional cal nitrate)maybe a second option/cheap is look into fish bone meal.

Do you supply a daily amount of humic/fulvic acid and b vitmin to your bennies and have a good population to get your organics to break everything down?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Top Bottom