No Till Garden - A Glimpse At All Natural Cultivation

• Thread starter HerbalEyes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HerbalEyes

HerbalEyes

Hello all, I'm extremely pleased to be here documenting my progress as an organic gardener. After months of research on forums such as this, I am close to completing the first run in my no till garden bed! Excited is an understatement!! thank you for sharing all this wonderful knowledge. Anyways, on to the good stuff...

My flower space is a 5x5 gorilla grow tent, in which I have a diy garden bed (5'x2'x2') and 2x 7gallon geopots. My soil contains a mixture of blood, bone and kelp meal, along with various other goodies. IE azomite, neem meal, crab meal, oyster shell powder, etc. For lighting I'm currently using an Advanced LED 650w XML series. My flowers are looking good except for a few spots where there is some burn damage. I believe this is from the higher 10w diodes and the specific strain I'm running is a little finicky. For my next run I wanted an even light distribution across the entire canopy and think it can be achieved via the new Area51 90w COBs. I'll be using 4x3000k and 3x4000k.

I just received them in the mail and man are they awesome, only time will tell but I have high hopes (pun intended)...follow along here and on Instagram @herbal.eyes! I will post some pictures of the unboxing, one of the light in action and a couple pics of my current flowers ...let's get the show on the road!
No till garden   a glimpse at all natural cultivation
No till garden   a glimpse at all natural cultivation 2
No till garden   a glimpse at all natural cultivation 3
No till garden   a glimpse at all natural cultivation 4

500lbs Guerilla

500lbs Guerilla

Nice! I'd like to see more documented no til gardens. That's the direction I would like to take my farm as well

eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe

I'm in the middle of flower in my first no till grow. I eventually want to do larger beds when I get a bigger space but for now in doing 7 gallon geopots. I couldn't be happier so far.

PankFlamingoMon

PankFlamingoMon

The larger beds are where its at with no till. You thought of building a SIP bed? Man there are so many biodynamic farming methods now coupled with amazing microbes. Love that PFA fire~ Bless up.

B

Blazing Oaks

Excellent! No-till has a lot of potential. We ran a fairly extensive experiment in our greenhouse this year with no-till. Six different strains were run - half in "normal" pots and half in no-till. On average, the no-till plants vegged slightly faster and yielded, on average, 10% more. Two strains yielded 25% more! We plan on doing half our outdoor beds next year no-till so we can get another good side by side test. Very curious to see your continued results.

HerbalEyes

HerbalEyes

@Blazing Oaks that's the same trial I'm currently running. The larger no till bed is producing much nicer buds. Higher quality, larger, more colorful, etc. I'm upgrading my potted plants from 7gals to 25gals next round haha

@PankFlamingoMon SIP looks super interesting. I'll definitely look into it more, thanks for sharing!

Carrittseeds

Carrittseeds

I'm just about to start one of my whole rooms to no till was wondering some good articles tip and pointers on no till also Iv seen pretty much everyone runs no till with leds but my set up is gavitas and 1000 watt metal halide true blue bulbs is that too much light? Any information will help I'm going for sustainability

eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe

I'm just about to start one of my whole rooms to no till was wondering some good articles tip and pointers on no till also Iv seen pretty much everyone runs no till with leds but my set up is gavitas and 1000 watt metal halide true blue bulbs is that too much light? Any information will help I'm going for sustainability

If your on Instagram, follow mountain organics and coot, great resources for info IMO. also, Google search grasscity no til and read that entire thread. If you have any specific questions shoot me a PM and I'm sure I can help you. Good luck to you

Edit : @Carrittseeds , I think most people are using LED with this style of growing because there attempting to be more GREEN and efficient. The lights your using will give you great results

Carrittseeds

Carrittseeds

If your on Instagram, follow mountain organics and coot, great resources for info IMO. also, Google search grasscity no til and read that entire thread. If you have any specific questions shoot me a PM and I'm sure I can help you. Good luck to you

Edit : @Carrittseeds , I think most people are using LED with this style of growing because there attempting to be more GREEN and efficient. The lights your using will give you great results
Thanks a bunch that looks like good information do you know of any articles strictly talking about what bugs are good to add to soil?

igrowpot

igrowpot

looks nice, i have a no till garden as well. i just signed up on this site so i will be posting pics of my grow today!

shaganja

shaganja

Thanks a bunch that looks like good information do you know of any articles strictly talking about what bugs are good to add to soil?
I use green lacewings. They are vicious. The larva is the predator. It looks a gator!

shaganja

shaganja

The larger beds are where its at with no till. You thought of building a SIP bed? Man there are so many biodynamic farming methods now coupled with amazing microbes. Love that PFA fire~ Bless up.
Sips work so well. I made different kinds. Red solo sips, one gallon, milk crate, 20 gallon trash can. Lol all kinds! I love how they give a plant the environment they would have outside. Two root zones

Latest posts

Top Bottom