No watering before harvest?

• Thread starter Bombud 916
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bombud 916

Alright so my stinky pinky is about 12 weeks into bloom and im about
to put her into the 3 days of darkness.

What my question is, would it be easier to dry if I didnt water it the whole time it was in the darkness?
Or would that do negative things.

Just let me knooo.
thankss

N

nononsense

no water for the last 3 days wont cause any negative affects it will speed up the drying process

C

casmel

I not so shure about it . I harvested one of my ak47 strains in dry soil conditions. It didnt smell as good as the other plant what i harvested after watering ,next morning . The watered plant was more full of different liquids in the plant and smelled much stronger and gave out more resin to your fingers when touched . The dried soil plant was the opposite less smells and resin and after drying it didnt smell as good as the watered plant . I think water is essential for the plant to keep it's liquids moving and produsing chemicals . You can even disturb the plant with your hand before harvesting , it might produce more effective chemicals because of the defence reaction of the plant . And then cut it down .

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

Right those last 3 days make sure you don't water it, but leading up until then make sure you flush real good. take it easy brotha hope your meds are bomb

G

Green Supreme

No water stresses the plant for its last push of trichs, also makes the medium drier and easier to deal with. Personally I prefer light schedules as normal though. Good luck. Enjoy the fruits of your work. Peace GS

C

c4NN4daze

Dry air!!!

I not so shure about it . I harvested one of my ak47 strains in dry soil conditions. It didnt smell as good as the other plant what i harvested after watering ,next morning . The watered plant was more full of different liquids in the plant and smelled much stronger and gave out more resin to your fingers when touched . The dried soil plant was the opposite less smells and resin and after drying it didnt smell as good as the watered plant . I think water is essential for the plant to keep it's liquids moving and produsing chemicals . You can even disturb the plant with your hand before harvesting , it might produce more effective chemicals because of the defence reaction of the plant . And then cut it down .

There were several things said here. When you do the whole "shock ripening" most people forget that dry air helps substantially. Resin is produced by the cannabis plant as means of "sun screen" ....like us humans when we are in the sun. Flush your plants properly and NO h20 when shock ripening. Do you have a de-humidifier? If no id suggest finding a way to have your humidity at 45% Your watering regime will come into play with how wet your soil will be when you start. And farmers remember to harvest your meds at night. The plant is sleeping. Everything you don't want in your meds is released from the plant and gravity does the rest. The food you've been giving the plant is more in the roots, not your flowers. Ya dig? And chemicals is fine but the word casmel might be looking for is cannabinoids. Cannabinoids are sensitive, yes. And there are ways to make you're cannabinoids reach there highest potency/potential. Playing with their life cycle at the end with complete darkness isn't in mother nature's book but I've heard rookies and Grand Master Growers swear bye it. I've done it once with some lavender done from bagseed and wasn't impressed. Hope this helps some farmers out.Happy and Safe Harvests! CD

zigzagtop

zigzagtop

12 weeks into bud? That sounds like a long time doesn't it? You know, indica dominant strains flower 8 weeks, and sativa dominant strains anywhere from 10 to 12 weeks flowering time...it must be a sativa dominant strain is what I'm asking?

steamroller

steamroller

12 year old thread but still a relevant topic.
I just wouldn't expect any answers from the original posters !

Latest posts

Top Bottom