Node growing at sex site of plant

• Thread starter Michiganja313
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Michiganja313

Michiganja313

I am in week 4 of veg, growing from seed and I have been watching my babies trying to determine sex. Today is day 33 of veg and I noticed that one of the nodes that I was watching at the calix site has began to turn into its own node/leave and not showing sex.
This is new to me. I can’t find any other instance of this happening to another grower.
I’m wondering why is it doing this and two, do I cut it off or let it grow and see what materializes from it?
Your help is greatly appreciated!

Node growing at sex site of plant
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
the plant needs to be in veg around two months to show the sex..
4 weeks from seed?
or from 5/7 bladed leaves?
anyways a little longer in veg and eventually it will show it’s sexual gender..

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I am in week 4 of veg, growing from seed and I have been watching my babies trying to determine sex. Today is day 33 of veg and I noticed that one of the nodes that I was watching at the calix site has began to turn into its own node/leave and not showing sex.
This is new to me. I can’t find any other instance of this happening to another grower.
I’m wondering why is it doing this and two, do I cut it off or let it grow and see what materializes from it?
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Breed it. I'd definitely buy seeds that did do that.

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

my current plant is doing that, i plucked them off, thought they would be weaker then the main branch. the same plant had a fused leaf on it also. curious to see what other people think

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
It’s probably a stress Sport from the topping the plant just found the weakest point in its tissues at cambium level to start to regrow . Regards Od .

Michiganja313

Michiganja313

This plant is experiencing a second type of growth deformation where the fan leaves are starting to grow nugs also! She just wants to push as much flower as possible lol. Regardless she’s grown into a monster. I started flower on Super Bowl Sunday 2/7 and here she is today! I also am including a photo of a fan leaf growing a nug.

(1) plant in each photo growing in a 30 gallon smart pot. Started from seed, Larry OG gifted from a friend. I mention gifted from a friend because I honestly don’t know if he’s 100% sure of the strain. It’s definitely an indica, lemon and pine tones.
I used one bag on Fox Farm Happy Frog and one bag of Fox Farm Ocean Forest in each pot.
I use FoxFarm nutes and I do not alter the schedule one bit. I use the entire nutrient list shown on their “Soil Feeding Schedule”.
I PH my water to 5.9-6.1 using tap water that I let sit for 24 hrs or more before use.

B783D62E 1BDC 4406 959C 5FBFC9A6F6AC
C5F276A7 FEF6 4082 AE4E E9C1BEE54361
1CF7B6AB 5737 47FA 850C DEA2B595CE32
Michiganja313

Michiganja313

This plant is experiencing a second type of growth deformation where the fan leaves are starting to grow nugs also! She just wants to push as much flower as possible lol. Regardless she’s grown into a monster. I started flower on Super Bowl Sunday 2/7 and here she is today! I also am including a photo of a fan leaf growing a nug.

(1) plant in each photo growing in a 30 gallon smart pot. Started from seed, Larry OG gifted from a friend. I mention gifted from a friend because I honestly don’t know if he’s 100% sure of the strain. It’s definitely an indica, lemon and pine tones.
I used one bag on Fox Farm Happy Frog and one bag of Fox Farm Ocean Forest in each pot.
I use FoxFarm nutes and I do not alter the schedule one bit. I use the entire nutrient list shown on their “Soil Feeding Schedule”.
I PH my water to 5.9-6.1 using tap water that I let sit for 24 hrs or more before use.
I forgot to mention that each plant is growing under its own 1000W HPS in a 4x8 grow tent, each scrogged to 4x4

Michiganja313

Michiganja313

It’s probably a stress Sport from the topping the plant just found the weakest point in its tissues at cambium level to start to regrow . Regards Od .
Thank you. It’s makes sense. I put her through the nebula manifold and topped for 24 nodes if I recall correctly and FIM’d numerous times also

Top Bottom