Noisey extractor fan six inch

• Thread starter xtchill
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
xtchill

xtchill

Bought a new extractor fan 6 inch and it's a noisey mofo.

Any tips on making her quieter.

Much love

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Is it the way it's mounted, causing vibrations, or is the sound from the motor and internal workings of the fan?

If the first, mount it with something rubberized between the fan and whatever you're mounting it to. If the second, all you can do is try and isolate it with sound absorbing materials or buy a new, quiet fan.

What kind is it? I've had great luck with Infinity's Cloudline fans. Reasonably priced, too.

xtchill

xtchill

Is it the way it's mounted, causing vibrations, or is the sound from the motor and internal workings of the fan?

If the first, mount it with something rubberized between the fan and whatever you're mounting it to. If the second, all you can do is try and isolate it with sound absorbing materials or buy a new, quiet fan.

What kind is it? I've had great luck with Infinity's Cloudline fans. Reasonably priced, too.
Its a BLACK ORCHID 6" - 150mm Powerful...

Was thinking of isolating it but wasmt sure what to use.

It's suspended from my tent and not touching amything. I just think it a noisey fan myself.

Blastfact

Blastfact

Moving air makes noise. Your very vague about the noise and type of noise. Is it a velocity noise, mechanical noise, harmonic or vibration? It's only a two speed fan, low, high, off. Do you have a carbon filter on it. If so is the filter on the suction side or the discharge side? How much flex duct are you using? My old iPower 6" and more industrial impeller based fans made noise when on anything above half speed as do my AC Infinity 6" fans. Right now one of my AC Infinity fans is running at speed 5 and it's making noise and it's purely a velocity noise as it ramps the fan speed up and down to maintain a tent temp of 78F. I also setup and run my fans outside of the tents with any filters on the discharge side of the fan so they also act like a muffler and allow the fan to be fully loaded at all speeds with no fan cavitation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom