Non auto ,but early flowering?

• Thread starter Mainebuds69
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mainebuds69

Mainebuds69

Hey all, any input appreciated Chemdog x donkey dick..started flowering 10 days ago...outdoor greenhouse Got the clone from a friend mother has been around 2 years..not an auto...anyone ever see this before? Seems like its going right into flower. it's about 8 weeks old..

Non auto but early flowering
Non auto but early flowering 2
AirHammer

AirHammer

those look to me like they have fully entered flowering stage. once the white or sometimes purple pistils begin doubling and quadrupling thats the best indication. that its telling you its on its way =).
good luck with a bountiful harvest!

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Hey all, any input appreciated Chemdog x donkey dick..started flowering 10 days ago...outdoor greenhouse Got the clone from a friend mother has been around 2 years..not an auto...anyone ever see this before? Seems like its going right into flower. it's about 8 weeks old..
Yes, mine started preflowers about 7/13/2022. They gradually increased and I wrote 7/20/2022 on my calendar for that day, stating to myself it's the beginning of full flowering. They have been steady at it ever since.

In my case, there is one huge facto and one potential factor that's a bit smaller ... mine are called "fast" flower plants. They are photoperiod plants with a revved up genetic clock because they were crossed with an autoflower plant. F1 hybrids typically start flowering a few weeks earlier than their full-photo cousins. These are not autoflowers.

The smaller factor is I have 3/4 of the north wall covered to create a visual barrier with the neighbor who just moved into the house next door. (Don't know them, don't need issues) I'm sure I am beneath the darkness threshold 5-10 minutes sooner because of this. Likewise, I'm probably the same amount of time behind at daylight. I believe this also moves the clock ahead.

Mainebuds69

Mainebuds69

Great! Guess it's time to switch me nutes...
This is them ..almost done in August ...and photo to boot Chemdog x Donkey Dick..lots of single leaf sets, alot of leaf but I just let them go just to see ..may not be high quality but an interesting grow on those two

20220801 155750
20220801 155741
20220801 155733
oaktoke

oaktoke

Yes, mine started preflowers about 7/13/2022. They gradually increased and I wrote 7/20/2022 on my calendar for that day, stating to myself it's the beginning of full flowering. They have been steady at it ever since.

In my case, there is one huge facto and one potential factor that's a bit smaller ... mine are called "fast" flower plants. They are photoperiod plants with a revved up genetic clock because they were crossed with an autoflower plant. F1 hybrids typically start flowering a few weeks earlier than their full-photo cousins. These are not autoflowers.

The smaller factor is I have 3/4 of the north wall covered to create a visual barrier with the neighbor who just moved into the house next door. (Don't know them, don't need issues) I'm sure I am beneath the darkness threshold 5-10 minutes sooner because of this. Likewise, I'm probably the same amount of time behind at daylight. I believe this also moves the clock ahead.
Your second factor there probably explains why mine are jumping in early...it's in a south facing yard, but by 4pm it's in shade and probably gets dark earlier...not that I mind, that sucker is nearly an 8 foot monster hemp plant and will have more flower than I know what to do with.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Yours are even further along than mine. Lately I've been looking at what I can do to cut out light pollution. I've tackled a few things but my options are limited. I'm in the city so its never absolute complete darkness. I can't turn off street lights or the neighbor's porch light.

AirHammer

AirHammer

Of at least 20 outdoor grows I have only had one (yes1) plant go in full flower in July. Thats how rare its been for me. More times then not middle august is the sweet spot.

That doesn't look typical of flowering weed Maine. The leaf matter looks to be excessive for one thing.

Did you pull back on vegging nutes, mostly N. I give them very little nitrogen after flower stretch.

Did you note of when they began doing there thing?

One other thing that stood out to me is the plant hardly stretched. MJ close to doubles in height during the early stages (first couple weeks).

You might have a rebel Mj plant on your hands. One that doesn't like to follow rules lol

You will get some early treats this season anyway.

Good luck with everything.

Last edited:
Mainebuds69

Mainebuds69

Of at least 20 outdoor grows I have only had one (yes1) plant go in full flower in July. Thats how rare its been for me. More times then not middle august is the sweet spot.

That doesn't look typical of flowering weed Maine. The leaf matter looks to be excessive for one thing.

Did you pull back on vegging nutes, mostly N. I give them very little nitrogen after flower stretch.

Did you note of when they began doing there thing?

One other thing that stood out to me is the plant hardly stretched. MJ close to doubles in height during the early stages (first couple weeks).

You might have a rebel Mj plant on your hands. One that doesn't like to follow rules lol

You will get some early treats this season anyway.

Good luck with everything.
Yes you are right..lots of single leaf sets on one ..triples on the other..I think it was stress. I did some lst thats why there is like 7-10 colas per 20 " plant..they triggered 2nd week of may. I went right to bloom nutes...they are finally filling in and trichomes forming...im curious to see how they finish

AirHammer

AirHammer

Yes you are right..lots of single leaf sets on one ..triples on the other..I think it was stress. I did some lst thats why there is like 7-10 colas per 20 " plant..they triggered 2nd week of may. I went right to bloom nutes...they are finally filling in and trichomes forming...im curious to see how they finish
No doubt they will fill in as usual.

Maybe it was trying to revert back in vegetative growth some weeks back. No matter. Its just one of those things that makes ya go hmm?

OTCusp

OTCusp

Yo, lookn btfl. I'd say either there's a mix up, somewhere, but otherwise, that seed may have some nasty genes on display.
Good luck man

Latest posts

Top Bottom