Non refrigerated gummies

• Thread starter Abbazabba22
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Abbazabba22

Abbazabba22

Wondering what some non refrigerated gummy recipes are?
I use water, cannaoil, unflavored gelatin, jello, and sunflower lecithin. Gummies turn out great but I’ve read you’re not supposed to leave them out, I’ve also read in order to sell them in my state they can’t be refrigerated. Thanks!

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Friend of mine has been working on this for awhile now as she has a candy making business. The water content has to be below a certain percentage for it to not go moldy.

This was the recipe she used for a while with decent results, but she also used less water (about 120ml instead of 140) and she coated the bears with an edible wax glaze. I think the low water content and glaze are the keys to preventing mold growth.

mancorn

mancorn

Here's what I do:

3.5 grams flower
1/4 cup oil. (I use coconut)
1/2 cup water. 1/4 cup cold to bloom the gelatin and 1/4 cup hot in the jello
1 oz unflavored powdered gelatin. (You have to weight! Don't try a tablespoon conversion as different gelatins will need different dry amounts. The Knox comes in 1oz box, but more expensive.)
1 tbs lecithin
1 large (6oz) pack of jello.

Decarb flower and infuse your oil (you can add the lecithin during infusion or wait. Not only is it important for THC absorption, but helps the oil mix with the water).

Bloom the gelatin. This can be tough with only 1/4 cup of watershed, so you may have to do some mixing. But don't increase the amount of water or they'll end up too soft.

Mix up your jello.

Add your oil (keep temp below 180)

Add your gelatin. Don't heat up gelatin above 140f as it breaks down the structure and won't jell back up properly. Lots of people will throw the jello and gelatin in sauce pan and boil it up. Don't! Your gelatin needs to be between 120-140. You'll next to mix really well as water and oil don't want to. I use an immersion blender. Work fast as you have a very short window before it sets up.

I put the mixture into a plastic squeeze jar - like what you'll see contiments in at the burger joint. (The little turkey baster is a joke and too slow).

Fill your molds. I use 1" x .5" which will yeld about ~90 gummies

Pop in refergerator. (The huge amount of gelatin will set it up at room temp, but I still do this step for an hour or so.)

Remove from mold and let them skim up for a few hours.

Roll then in sugar. (If you don't let them skim up, the sugar will soak up into the gummy and won't look as nice.)

Let them sit out for at least 24 hours so they develop a harder consistancey.

The 3.5 grams of flower will be closer to 3 grams after decarb and oil extraction. If you have 20% THC strain that will be 600mg of THCA which after extraction = 480mg THC/96 gummies = 5mg each.

The oil should be fine for about a year without refregiration. A tiny bit of vitamin E will also prolong shelf life. There are a ton of regulations for THC food products in terms of packaging and making. So a receipt is actually WAY down on the list of "I want to legally sell these". And obviously if you make a donut, it's not going to be able to sit on your counter for a year before it molds. The oil is going to be the limiting factor in terms of shelf life.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom