Noob best nutes for hydro

• Thread starter Kingvega
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kingvega

Kingvega

Jacks 3-2-1.. cheapest around and works great and no need to add more stuff from start to finish (other than cal and mag as normal..) One tip.. use much less than they say at least til the plants are huge..
Thank you

Terpz719

Terpz719

Jacks 3-2-1.. cheapest around and works great and no need to add more stuff from start to finish (other than cal and mag as normal..) One tip.. use much less than they say at least til the plants are huge..
I'm curious about Jacks 3-2-1. Have you found it to be pH stable in the rez?

Icetech

Icetech

I'm curious about Jacks 3-2-1. Have you found it to be pH stable in the rez?

I just run buckets, so no big res.. BUT.. one thing i found was if i get my feed right then there is almost no drift in PH.. if i overfeed or under then i get swing, but not enough that it worries me. i check PH every night though so even if it swings much it's not an issue i just adjust. But when you get the nutes right it is very stable.

Terpz719

Terpz719

I just run buckets, so no big res.. BUT.. one thing i found was if i get my feed right then there is almost no drift in PH.. if i overfeed or under then i get swing, but not enough that it worries me. i check PH every night though so even if it swings much it's not an issue i just adjust. But when you get the nutes right it is very stable.
Thanks so much for the info! Actually I'm interested in trying a bucket down the road, so your answer was perfect.

Hurrl

Hurrl

I also suggest a product called +LIFE | Hydroponic ResearchHydroponic Research It is an enzyme based product that introduces good bugs to eat the bad bugs and the cast off debris from your roots as they grow and breakdown. It is kind of expensive and only available from the mfg but a little goes a LONG way. I have had the smallest jar for over two years.

Is the +LIFE comparable to Real Growers Recharge? Or is it better in some way?

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Is the +LIFE comparable to Real Growers Recharge? Or is it better in some way?

I have never used "Real Growers Recharge". I have since reworked my feeding schedule because the PlusLife added so much ppm to the mix during the grow that i started looking for another way to do the same thing. I still use the PlusLife; i use it full strength during the initial rez setup. I let it run for a week and let it grow, then remove the sponge filter and rinse it out. Then i don't use it for the rest of the grow. I use the combo below.

What i settled on was a "great white" Mycorrhizae it has zero NPK footprint 0-0-0
https://www.amazon.com/Great-White-...great+white+mycorrhizae&qid=1593484743&sr=8-2

and to eat up the root debris i have started using Hydrozyme also with an NPK footprint of 0-0-0
https://www.amazon.com/Hygrozyme-Ho...ld=1&keywords=hydrozyme&qid=1593484869&sr=8-7

Happy Growing 🍻 🥂

Kingvega

Kingvega

Great info here, has any one used the veg+bloom line from hydroponic research and if so what strength and the same question for ionic grow and bloom, u have both TIA

Hurrl

Hurrl

I have never used "Real Growers Recharge". I have since reworked my feeding schedule because the PlusLife added so much ppm to the mix during the grow that i started looking for another way to do the same thing. I still use the PlusLife; i use it full strength during the initial rez setup. I let it run for a week and let it grow, then remove the sponge filter and rinse it out. Then i don't use it for the rest of the grow. I use the combo below.

Happy Growing 🍻 🥂

I used RGR in bubble buckets a few years ago when I was getting brown roots from warm temps. Worked really well, it just foamed a lot (unexpectedly). I've been doing the Sterile thing in rdwc. Apparently my well water has a lot of iron pathogens and sterile solutions just don't cut it. I'm currently in the process of swapping over to running hydroguard along with some beneficials like Mykos and RGR, while I give this new Megacrop formula one more go, (stuff does not dissolve well at all compared to previous versions). Does that Plus Life foam up and do you know what is all in it? I'm not really finding much info on their site. I'll have to try searching around for more info tomorrow when I'm not so tired if you do not know.

Thanks for the info!

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
I used RGR in bubble buckets a few years ago when I was getting brown roots from warm temps. Worked really well, it just foamed a lot (unexpectedly). I've been doing the Sterile thing in rdwc. Apparently my well water has a lot of iron pathogens and sterile solutions just don't cut it. I'm currently in the process of swapping over to running hydroguard along with some beneficials like Mykos and RGR, while I give this new Megacrop formula one more go, (stuff does not dissolve well at all compared to previous versions). Does that Plus Life foam up and do you know what is all in it? I'm not really finding much info on their site. I'll have to try searching around for more info tomorrow when I'm not so tired if you do not know.

Thanks for the info!
No the PlusLife has never foamed up. I will clog up your sponge filter though. You also have to beware of it clogging up any sprayheads etc, that you may have running. I did not run with a full application every week. I did a full application at the setup of the rez then each week i would add 1/4 recommended dosage.

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Thank you very much my friend. Great info!

That is why we are here! Welcome to The Farm 🍻 🥂 😎

There is no such thing as a dumb question; except the one not asked!!

We are here to help other farmers. To get my attention, just put @AnselAdams anywhere in the posting and I will be notified. If i don't know the answer (that will be often) then I will help you find someone on The Farm who does.

Generally getting a response to your posting will not be a problem. The problem will be in choosing which apply to your situation.

Happy Farming 🍻

Last edited:
Kingvega

Kingvega

No the PlusLife has never foamed up. I will clog up your sponge filter though. You also have to beware of it clogging up any sprayheads etc, that you may have running. I did not run with a full application every week. I did a full application at the setup of the rez then each week i would add 1/4 recommended dosage.

View attachment 993547View attachment 993546View attachment 993549
So you don't use the base nutrients just plus life, i have the veg+bloom, push and shine are they any good and how is it compared to ionic

Mazeblue1

Mazeblue1

While you are making purchases... do yourself a huge favor and add Botnicare's Hydroguard to your list. it will help keep down the bad bugs that can attack you root system. aka root rot. I also suggest a product called +LIFE | Hydroponic ResearchHydroponic Research It is an enzyme based product that introduces good bugs to eat the bad bugs and the cast off debris from your roots as they grow and breakdown. It is kind of expensive and only available from the mfg but a little goes a LONG way. I have had the smallest jar for over two years.

You can check my current or past grows (see my signature) to check on the status of my roots, etc. during current and previous grows. 🍻 🥂
I’ve been trying to find SOMEONE who uses hydroponic research! That’s what I’m using for my first dwc grow and I used my first small container already and have a new one now still on first grow? I realize they want you to use more than you should but one teaspoon per 10 gallons Doesn’t go far, how much do you use at a time? Also, my feed schedule says stop using life at week 6 of flower and I can’t understand why? I put it in anyways because I feel I need to or I may have problems.. thoughts?

Mazeblue1

Mazeblue1

I
had no problem all through veg now that I’m in week 7 flower I’m having a hard time maintaining mainly due to non existent info from hydroponic research. It takes me all week after a Rez change to get “under control” then it’s time to change again..? I’m pretty much guessing now, doing a 2-1 shine to veg/bloom and life, but after reading this thread I will skip the life so it’s only 2 products at this point. What ratio are you using?

40oz2fr33dom

40oz2fr33dom

I’ve used many different lines of nutes in dwc. I’ve used dynagro, flora nova, gen hydro 3 part, cyco nutes, jacks 3-2-1, lotus nutrients, and lastly TPS nutes.
In my experience Jacks 3-2-1, flora nova, & lotus nutes are to be strictly used with coco or “potted” Plants. There’s just too much salt buildup in the reservoir after just a few days using these lineups. It usually throws the ph way off and the PPM skyrockets. I’ve learned the hard way to stay away from non liquid nutes in hydro systems that have reservoirs.
My favorite for any reservoir hydro system would be the TPS Nutes lineup. INCREDIBLY clean nutes that won’t even change the color of your reservoir water. Very concentrated lineup so you don’t have to keep buying all kinds of bottles.

I’ve using TPS One (a 1 part liquid formula that is used from veg to flower) along with TPS CalMag OAC and TPS Signal. I also used Blue Planet’s silica instead of the TPS silica, but only because i had bought a new bottle of the BP’s silica just before I discovered TPS Nutrients lineup. Otherwise I would use exclusively TPS nutes. Biggest reason why I love this lineup is the simplicity. I only have to use 4 bottles to mix up in flower, and 3 bottles in veg (don’t have to use TPS Signal) and I’m done mixing in a few quick minutes. Unlike cyco nutes or especially “AN” (who I would never buy any of their products) that you have a million+1 bottles to mix up. Cyco nutes are really good, but damn, my arm gets tired from all the mixing lol. Not to mention Cyco and “Advanced Nutrients” are expensive as hell!!

Just my two cents.

I’m about to harvest the couple photo period strains I have in DWC that were flowered with TPS Nutrients here in about two or 3 weeks if u want to check out how the TPS performed for me.

Kingvega

Kingvega

I’ve used many different lines of nutes in dwc. I’ve used dynagro, flora nova, gen hydro 3 part, cyco nutes, jacks 3-2-1, lotus nutrients, and lastly TPS nutes.
In my experience Jacks 3-2-1, flora nova, & lotus nutes are to be strictly used with coco or “potted” Plants. There’s just too much salt buildup in the reservoir after just a few days using these lineups. It usually throws the ph way off and the PPM skyrockets. I’ve learned the hard way to stay away from non liquid nutes in hydro systems that have reservoirs.
My favorite for any reservoir hydro system would be the TPS Nutes lineup. INCREDIBLY clean nutes that won’t even change the color of your reservoir water. Very concentrated lineup so you don’t have to keep buying all kinds of bottles.

I’ve using TPS One (a 1 part liquid formula that is used from veg to flower) along with TPS CalMag OAC and TPS Signal. I also used Blue Planet’s silica instead of the TPS silica, but only because i had bought a new bottle of the BP’s silica just before I discovered TPS Nutrients lineup. Otherwise I would use exclusively TPS nutes. Biggest reason why I love this lineup is the simplicity. I only have to use 4 bottles to mix up in flower, and 3 bottles in veg (don’t have to use TPS Signal) and I’m done mixing in a few quick minutes. Unlike cyco nutes or especially “AN” (who I would never buy any of their products) that you have a million+1 bottles to mix up. Cyco nutes are really good, but damn, my arm gets tired from all the mixing lol. Not to mention Cyco and “Advanced Nutrients” are expensive as hell!!

Just my two cents.

I’m about to harvest the couple photo period strains I have in DWC that were flowered with TPS Nutrients here in about two or 3 weeks if u want to check out how the TPS performed for me.
Yes sir!! I would love to check them out and thank you very much your answers are freaking perfect, as I was looking at cyco jacks, veg+bloom lotus, and blue planet, also looking at dyna grow, i have right now ionic line up and veg+bloom im going to be starting a new run in a week so I'm going to look up TPS....i really appreciate your help boss

Top Bottom