Noob Farmer First "invested" Grow Needs General Advice/ Schedule/ Timeline

• Thread starter CannaNovice
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CannaNovice

CannaNovice

Spoiler alert: some of these questions and comments may seem quite idiotic to you but I NEED answers! ;)

some backround info...

done this before, just with zero amendements. All in this time, well as much as I can afford. I am a chronic over thinker with a splash of OCD. with that said, there is so much info out there, some good, some horrible. Trying to seperate tried and true from fantasy.

Basically I just want a set of guidlines for a timeline on different stages of development. I guess a good place to start would be the timeline I imagine for myself. First let me describe the grow room and goals.
I have 2 tents. both 3 x4 x6.5 . they are both 2 stage tents, with a small second, optional use, compartment for clones/ seedlings. So the plan was to use 1 tent for seedlings and cuttings mums in the small 1'X3'X6.6 section. with a shelf in the middle I can probably fit 6 bonsai mums on bottom and a tray of clones on top. I would use the remaining 3'x3'x6.6 ft area in tent #1 for veg. In tent # 2 would be different stages of flowering plants. I havent zeroed in on a # yet. right now I have 2 in there veggin out and Im thinking I am going to have to veg them for too long in order to fill the tent with bud. I am implementing LST not sure if Im going to top or just bend. Recomendations welcome. All you old timers out there, please. How many mature plants should I have in a 3 X 4 to maximize yield and grow time. My original train of thought was Ill just take 2 plants and lst them to fill the space, not thinking how long the vegitative stage would have to be to acomplish this. My new train of thought is 6 plants would fill the same space faster with the same yield. this is a what would you do scenario so please be blunt. I have 4 X 300Watt (draw) LEDS was going to run 1 in clone/mum room, 1 in veg and 2 in flower. But now im thinging of setting up >CFLS for clone chamber and running 2 in veg and 2 in flower or 1 in veg and 3 in flower. Again please advise. Also my lights have a on off switch for growth and blloom. it is so tempting to turn on the bloom bulbs during veg. I havent done it, but was just thinking how can more light be bad? Does anyone know if these lights put out the same lumens whether just 1 or both swithces are on?

Okay getting side tracked....So thats the grow room any questions, shoot.

So my idea of a basic timeline would go something like this....

day 1 soak seeds in water for 12-24 hours
day 2-3 place in damp paper towel
day 4-10 place tap root downward in small pot inside clone chamber
so once serated leaves are recieving light it is now in veg stage?
day 10 to 31 - transplant to bigger pot then once it has 4-8 leave it is ready to flower? (pairs of leaves or just single leaves?)
transplant to final pot Then flower pistols to your taste.
so basically seedling stage is 3-7 days
veg is 3-4 weeks
and then flower is about 60 days for my indica dominents.

Does LST slow down the veg process at all if I do NOT top?

What would you do with my grow space/equiptment.
would it be more efficient to have all flowering plants finish at same time or stagger the flowering by adding/harvesting a plant every 3-4 weeks

what size pots and number of plants? what size pots and when to tranplant to next size up? Should I just transplant when clone/seedling moves to veg and when veg moves to flower or before hand?

okay thats enough sorry im a spaz. thanks in advance

Trickyleaf

Trickyleaf

Want me to grow it for you too? Lol? If you want to do some research there are posts all over this site letting you know basic methods of growing. None the less the medium and nutes are prefrance and not a follow this exactly kind of thing, I guess why I'm saying is there is not one way that is the only way. Like there's this post on here that someone grew clones out of sponges, so you know just look around alittle and find what sounds best to you.

Trickyleaf

Trickyleaf

Spoiler alert: some of these questions and comments may seem quite idiotic to you but I NEED answers! ;)

some backround info...

done this before, just with zero amendements. All in this time, well as much as I can afford. I am a chronic over thinker with a splash of OCD. with that said, there is so much info out there, some good, some horrible. Trying to seperate tried and true from fantasy.

Basically I just want a set of guidlines for a timeline on different stages of development. I guess a good place to start would be the timeline I imagine for myself. First let me describe the grow room and goals.
I have 2 tents. both 3 x4 x6.5 . they are both 2 stage tents, with a small second, optional use, compartment for clones/ seedlings. So the plan was to use 1 tent for seedlings and cuttings mums in the small 1'X3'X6.6 section. with a shelf in the middle I can probably fit 6 bonsai mums on bottom and a tray of clones on top. I would use the remaining 3'x3'x6.6 ft area in tent #1 for veg. In tent # 2 would be different stages of flowering plants. I havent zeroed in on a # yet. right now I have 2 in there veggin out and Im thinking I am going to have to veg them for too long in order to fill the tent with bud. I am implementing LST not sure if Im going to top or just bend. Recomendations welcome. All you old timers out there, please. How many mature plants should I have in a 3 X 4 to maximize yield and grow time. My original train of thought was Ill just take 2 plants and lst them to fill the space, not thinking how long the vegitative stage would have to be to acomplish this. My new train of thought is 6 plants would fill the same space faster with the same yield. this is a what would you do scenario so please be blunt. I have 4 X 300Watt (draw) LEDS was going to run 1 in clone/mum room, 1 in veg and 2 in flower. But now im thinging of setting up >CFLS for clone chamber and running 2 in veg and 2 in flower or 1 in veg and 3 in flower. Again please advise. Also my lights have a on off switch for growth and blloom. it is so tempting to turn on the bloom bulbs during veg. I havent done it, but was just thinking how can more light be bad? Does anyone know if these lights put out the same lumens whether just 1 or both swithces are on?

day 10 to 31 - transplant to bigger pot then once it has 4-8 leave it is ready to flower? (pairs of leaves or just single leaves?)
veg is 3-4 weeks

would it be more efficient to have all flowering plants finish at same time or stagger the flowering by adding/harvesting a plant every 3-4 weeks

what size pots and number of plants? what size pots and when to tranplant to next size up? Should I just transplant when clone/seedling moves to veg and when veg moves to flower or before hand?

Try scratching the seeds up in a match box with sandpaper in it before you germ, helps absorb water better.

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

Best advice anyone can give you is to grow a couple plants out and get familiar with the strain, find out how long it takes to flower, yknow feel the plant out than you can move onto perpetual harvesting. learn to walk before you run thats the best advice i can give to you on that one. You can ask all the questions int he world but at the end of the day the plants gonna grow at its own pace so just watch and try and see what the plant might need but for the most part just provide the right enviorment the plant does all the work

CannaNovice

CannaNovice

Best advice anyone can give you is to grow a couple plants out and get familiar with the strain, find out how long it takes to flower, yknow feel the plant out than you can move onto perpetual harvesting. learn to walk before you run thats the best advice i can give to you on that one. You can ask all the questions int he world but at the end of the day the plants gonna grow at its own pace so just watch and try and see what the plant might need but for the most part just provide the right enviorment the plant does all the work
So you think a perpetual harvest is achievable with my size limitations. As long as I never run out or pay for it again, I really dont care if I harvest 1 plant every 3 weeks or 4 every 2 months.

CannaNovice

CannaNovice

Want me to grow it for you too? Lol? If you want to do some research there are posts all over this site letting you know basic methods of growing. None the less the medium and nutes are prefrance and not a follow this exactly kind of thing, I guess why I'm saying is there is not one way that is the only way. Like there's this post on here that someone grew clones out of sponges, so you know just look around alittle and find what sounds best to you.
I have read a ton on here high times roll it up and I think I have a good base. I only ever did one other indoor grow and it was 1 plant scrog with a borrowed parking garage hps from the local community college, but it filled my closet. 2 seasons of gorilla bucket out door grows, but pretty much just left them to live or die. This time I actually invested in it. So I want to do it right. I have watched so many time lapse videos trying to figure out how many plants would work best for me. i think Im going to try 6 plants in the flower chamber. I have come to the conclusion that more plants will mean less veg time meaning a quicker harvest. I wish I was more patient because now I got these 2 bushy ass plants that need at least 2 weeks more veg time and they should be flowering in 3 days if I want to keep my schedule. FML

CannaNovice

CannaNovice

hey as far as container sizes can yoou recommend what size pots I should start clones/ seedlings, veg stage and flower stage. And should I transplant right when they move from one stage to the next or pretty much just watch each plant and when roots come out the bottom, transplant?

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

clones/seedlings go with the red solo cups. and for veg go to 1 gallon to 3 to 5 or 1 to 5 right away. repot them as soon as they start getting root bound as in the roots are circling around themselves and when you squeeze its not spongy.

CannaNovice

CannaNovice

clones/seedlings go with the red solo cups. and for veg go to 1 gallon to 3 to 5 or 1 to 5 right away. repot them as soon as they start getting root bound as in the roots are circling around themselves and when you squeeze its not spongy.
Okay sweet. how about my light configuration. Is the LED over kill for the clones? If I used CFL for clone room, would the extra 300 watt light be better served in the veg room or in the flower room?

Dan789

Dan789

Here's my 2 cents, clones and I don't have a good relationship, and have not been able to promote them into plants with LED's. Though when I bought six clones was able to veg them (8 weeks) out in two 4x4 tents with T5 fluorescent light till I transitioned to bloom and my led fixtures to just under 2 units dried/cured.

CannaNovice

CannaNovice

Here's my 2 cents, clones and I don't have a good relationship, and have not been able to promote them into plants with LED's. Though when I bought six clones was able to veg them (8 weeks) out in two 4x4 tents with T5 fluorescent light till I transitioned to bloom and my led fixtures to just under 2 units dried/cured.
Nice pics. So Im assuming you had 3 plants in each tent? Damn 8 week veg huh? But it filled in tent nicely. I think I may have set my expectations too high. A lot of these growers talk about flowering after 3-4 weeks. Im trying to get my photos up on this tails program I use but my babys look like I topped the Critical a couple times and topped my mystery seed probably too many times. Stunted growth. I took off all the tie downs and let em breath a little. Im hoping they take off after a few days unrestricted. It was more of a trial run anyway, but I was hoping to complete by End of July, looking more like mid august.

CannaNovice

CannaNovice

some backround info...

veg is 3-4 weeks

some backround info...

veg is 3-4 weeks

20170518 233354
20170518 233627

Madvillian

Madvillian

Best way to find out how many You can fit in Your space is to grow em out and find out the old fashioned way. There's too many variables for anybody to be able to walk you through it like you're asking. Use EVERYTHING you read. Read until your eyes hurt and then read some more, not just growing but strains and what will best fit your needs

CannaNovice

CannaNovice

Best way to find out how many You can fit in Your space is to grow em out and find out the old fashioned way. There's too many variables for anybody to be able to walk you through it like you're asking. Use EVERYTHING you read. Read until your eyes hurt and then read some more, not just growing but strains and what will best fit your needs
Thanks. just trying to get a feel of when I should flower. They bushed out way more then I expected and are just barley taller then the tote right now. Basically Im doing a scrog with 2 plants in a 3x4x4 space ( taking into account light and tote) I believe its 100% indica Strain. Barneys Farm Critical Kush. Im thinking I may have a month or 2 more of veg to get them to fill the space. Next time I will definetly be doing 9 plants SOG instead to cut down on veg.

blazeup420

blazeup420

How far away are your LEDs I found too close you'll stunt them I've been vegging a sativa for 6 weeks and it's only 6 inches high it's my first grow too. With Led anyway. So I would say keep it relatively simple. And don't overfeed cause nute burns a bitch for them to bounce back from

blazeup420

blazeup420

Good luck though, I'm starting a perpetual too, not as big as yours but still decent

Madvillian

Madvillian

I'm also on my first LED grow, I found they do better with the light like 18-25 in. From the tops..any closer and things get a bit weird haha atleast in my room

blazeup420

blazeup420

Yep I had mine at 18 and they stunted but I also topped/fimmed, had a cal mag deficiency and over fed nutrients. They're just recovering now. 60 days old but I'd say 20 of those days have been recover. Just popped a Strawberry Cough and orange buds on its way. Yew

Madvillian

Madvillian

Yep I had mine at 18 and they stunted but I also topped/fimmed, had a cal mag deficiency and over fed nutrients. They're just recovering now. 60 days old but I'd say 20 of those days have been recover. Just popped a Strawberry Cough and orange buds on its way. Yew
Right on, I'm a few weeks from finish finally.. and already prepped for my next grow haha, gonna run 3 six shooter autos, 2 wild green sharks, and some random photoperiods to fill the extra space lol

Top Bottom