Noob having fun with his Green Ladies!

• Thread starter The Rabbit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
The Rabbit

The Rabbit

Loving my new hobby. Got a cannabis card and can grow up to 5 plants in Chicago.

Started out planting a couple of White widow seeds (growers choice) in an old aerogrow (200) unit. It only holds a gallon; so, I am looking at a 5 gallon bucket (DWC) for my next grow, as there isn't much room in the aerogrow for the roots of two plants. Got a handle on the pH, so far, but need to figure out the ppm, next. Using Humboldt nutes (a &b), Cal mag, and bloom.

Got 32 colas, so far, after fimming on the 5th node, adding a scrog net on the 4th week of veg and using LST to keep the canopy fairly level, and vegging for 7 weeks on 24 hr light cycle.
Removed the aerogrow light canopy and added a HLG 100 (3000k) led board and bought a tent on the 4th week of veg. It was getn nice and dank, prior to buying the tent. Lovely!

Now, into the 4th week of flowering and things appear to look good, so far. Got rid of a fledgling mite invasion early on. Very little nute or light burn, so far.

Still feeling it out/researching online as I go and find a lot of folks are very generous sharing their experiences. So, thanks to everyone on here for their posts.

Thought I would post here instead of just lurking; so, I can join in the fun and say 'Hi!' to the other noobs and share stories.

May the bud be with you.
Cheers!

Pics are week 4 of veg with tent and scrog net ( side view and overhead). Then week 3 of bloom.

Noob having fun with his green ladies
Noob having fun with his green ladies 2
Noob having fun with his green ladies 3
The Rabbit

The Rabbit

Week 7 of Bloom. White Widow (x2). Still in 1 gallon base.
Shoulda-coulda:
- Needs bigger capacity for root system. (Will buy 5 gallon bucket for next grow.)
- Shoulda-coulda thinned out fan leaves earlier in the bloom cycle (Week 2-3?)
- There is a lot of crowding in the 3x3 tent.
- Bit of recent nutrient burn: did not flush base for a couple of weeks.
- Shoulda flushed nutrients every week, especially in these later stages of growth.
- Shoulda used filtered or distilled water to better control the nutrients' ppm (800-900)

+ Small buds and sugar leavers getting very frosty (hand-held microscope, mag up to x60).
+ 32 spikes/colas. Some are getting a little crowded out.
+ buds running down the length of the colas.
+ trichomes still clear.
+ buds and sugar leaves getting real frosty.
+ Keeping a better eye on the ph (consistently between 5.5-6.0).

Any advice out there for flushing in such a small base (1 gal)?
Any advice on harvesting White Widow?

B7
B71
B7s
B7t
Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
That White Widow looks like it leans a little more toward the Indica side than I have seen before. Cool!

The Rabbit

The Rabbit

Thanks for sharing. Got these from Growers Choice seeds early September and planted them on September 4th. Also, just added some late bloom nutes (week 8) from advanced nutrients, as who doesn't want bigger budz?
Keeping an eye on the trichomes, just now. Still all clear on both plants with pistils getting copper colored.

The Rabbit

The Rabbit

Thanks, BW. I started out dusting off an old aerogrow and kept adding things as I needed them. This first grow has got me excited and looking at new seeds for my next grow. There are some beautiful varieties out there. Thinking about a Purple Haze, next.

P

PROMETHEUSRISING

I've done a complete deep water culture before, and aeroponic. Next going to try drip. I highly recommend aero or drip over deep water. Air compressors are loud and inefficient. One small submersible water pump, ~150 gph can run a six plant drip system. If setup in a particular way it'd only need to run maybe four 15min cycles a day. My best results were with Aero, and it's much more quiet. You're doing great. Just sharing what I've learned. Also, the other two methods don't require buckets absolutely filled to the brim setting around. And that makes them easier to deal with.

The Rabbit

The Rabbit

I've done a complete deep water culture before, and aeroponic. Next going to try drip. I highly recommend aero or drip over deep water. Air compressors are loud and inefficient. One small submersible water pump, ~150 gph can run a six plant drip system. If setup in a particular way it'd only need to run maybe four 15min cycles a day. My best results were with Aero, and it's much more quiet. You're doing great. Just sharing what I've learned. Also, the other two methods don't require buckets absolutely filled to the brim setting around. And that makes them easier to deal with.

Thanks for sharing your learning, PR. I will probably run one 5 gallon bucket, likely with a drip to mimic the aerogrow based on your message. Cheers!

P

PROMETHEUSRISING

You can get 50 sprayer heads on EBAY for ~$5US. A 8foot half inch PVC pipe and cutter for ~$25 at a box store. A bag each of T joints and caps for ~$5 (I think 10 in each bag). And a 150pgh submersible water pump ~$10. Ya know, let me just assemble something I've done and take a photo. Hang on.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Thanks for sharing. Got these from Growers Choice seeds early September and planted them on September 4th. Also, just added some late bloom nutes (week 8) from advanced nutrients, as who doesn't want bigger budz?
Keeping an eye on the trichomes, just now. Still all clear on both plants with pistils getting copper colored.

Yeah mine went a full 10 weeks for flower. I don't think much flushing is required for this strain, in fact too much flushing and you'll start to lose color in your buds. Won't effect the end product's potency. In fact will make a super smooth smoke, but selling it may prove difficult.

The Rabbit

The Rabbit

Going into Week 9 with clear trichomes. So, it looks like I could be 10 weeks of flowering, too.
Thanks for sharing. Your experience is helpful in preventing me from rushing things. Cheers!

The Rabbit

The Rabbit

The bud trichomes are starting to get cloudy with only a few of the leaves starting to go amber. The hairs are all copper. So, I am thinking harvest is coming, soon. Got my 'final flush' ordered and delivered. Ordered some trimming scissors, a tray and a hanging drying rack. So, I am getting ready for the flush, maybe next week (end of Week 9). Will try to get a nice picture of the buds soon.

The Rabbit

The Rabbit

First harvest, ever. Mary had 2oz of dry buds and Jane had 8 oz of bigger wet buds.
You can see from the first photo, below, that the one gallon pot (aerogrow) was waaay too cramped for two plants. Look at that block of roots!
Next grow will be in a 5 gallon hydro bucket with one plant.
So, the buds are drying and I reckon I should have 6-8oz of buds with around 20oz of plant material, which is in the freezer, just now. Might do an alcohol extraction, or bubble hash, not sure, although the former seems more likely. Drying in the grow tent in a hanging drying rack with a small fan 64 F and 40 RH. I am being sure to keep the buds from touching each other and turning them daily for an even dry. I overdried some buds and had to put them in tupperware with a sheet of bread for a few hours to rehydrate them. That worked spectacularly, so I can dry them more slowly this time around.
Bought a whole load o' mason jars and canning lids and some 62RH humidity packs. I plan to cure the buds for at least 5 weeks, but I will probably do taste tests over that period to get a sense of the harshness leaving the buds over time.
I think Mary is going to be infused into butter by decarbing them in the sous vide.
Jane is getn smokt.

As this is my first grow, I am open to advice, feedback, etc.

Thinking of grandaddy purp or purple haze for my next grow.
Cheers!

MJ in aerogrow
Jane wet
Dry Mary
Best buds Mary wet Jan5 2020
The Rabbit

The Rabbit

First harvest, ever. Mary had 2oz of dry buds and Jane had 8 oz of bigger wet buds.
You can see from the first photo, below, that the one gallon pot (aerogrow) was waaay too cramped for two plants. Look at that block of roots!
Next grow will be in a 5 gallon hydro bucket with one plant.
So, the buds are drying and I reckon I should have 6-8oz of buds with around 20oz of plant material, which is in the freezer, just now. Might do an alcohol extraction, or bubble hash, not sure, although the former seems more likely. Drying in the grow tent in a hanging drying rack with a small fan 64 F and 40 RH. I am being sure to keep the buds from touching each other and turning them daily for an even dry. I overdried some buds and had to put them in tupperware with a sheet of bread for a few hours to rehydrate them. That worked spectacularly, so I can dry them more slowly this time around.
Bought a whole load o' mason jars and canning lids and some 62RH humidity packs. I plan to cure the buds for at least 5 weeks, but I will probably do taste tests over that period to get a sense of the harshness leaving the buds over time.
I think Mary is going to be infused into butter by decarbing them in the sous vide.
Jane is getn smokt.

As this is my first grow, I am open to advice, feedback, etc.

Thinking of grandaddy purp or purple haze for my next grow.
Cheers!

105g dried buds. Currently curing. Took a puff on one, which has lasted 4 days! And, it is potent. Very happy with my first grow, but want to work on denser, tighter buds, next grow. Might try lolli-popping.

105g alive

Latest posts

Top Bottom