Noob Needs Fine Tuning Indoor Design

• Thread starter xRenox
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
X

xRenox

I am open for any input and please suggest anything you think is wrong with the set up or something your would do or add for me to benefit with what I have to work with. I am located in a climate zone where I am able to keep my grow outdoors in an insulated work shop for about 10 months out of the year. I have a room inside my workshop that is designated for my grow room. It is 8'6" across and 6' feet deep. The height is 8 feet but I can go a bit higher as the way the roof is constructed.

One thing I am considering doing and wanted advice on is that I can add another room onto what I have. The room can be of equal size or smaller. I would prefer a bit smaller. Hoping to see what kind of options I can use this room for with what type of set up.

Okay for the room that is in actual use. I have the following set up. An ebb and flow bucket system that can hold up to 12 buckets. I use hydro-ton as a medium. The lighting I have always used is a Hydrofarm Ballast that is 120v 9.5 amps. It is actually 7 years old. It is a ballast that requires a 1000w bulb. The bulb I have been using for a long time is a 1000 Watt HPS.

I also have in the room a cage fan that exchanges the air in the room at a pretty decent rate. I dont remember the actual exchange rate but I know I went a bit over what I needed at the time.

I have about five years of noob growing under my belt. I have had many many failures with everything from mites ruining a crop to my heating device failing and lines freezing and blowing one night. So please any advice I will take and appreciate big time.

As far as chemicals go the last grow I used CNS17 Grow 3-2-4, CNS17 Ripe 1-5-4, CNS17 Bloom 2-2-5 and during the bloom phase additionally Monster Bloom 0-5-30.

The last grow I spoke of I only utilized 5 buckets. I am not sure how much coverage I can actually get in the room with that type of light. I have read over in the lighting forum and believe I am good for an area of about 10 by 10.

I have ten feminized seeds (white widow) I am waiting to be delivered from Dutch Seeds. As of right now I am hoping when they get back from this vacation until 2/9 that my seeds will be shipped out promptly. If not I am going to purchase them from the seed bank that roll it up endorses. I made my purchase prior to me joining this forum, something I wish I had waited until reading alot of the material here.

So basically I would use cfls to start my seeds then transfer to the 1000 watt hps light for 18/6. I would run this course until the plants got about 3.5 feet and then switched to a 12/12 for the remainder.

Here is where I am hoping I can get as much input as possible with what I am getting ready to do.

Should I use the space I have and construct another room? And if so what should I utilize that room for. I think I am wasting way to much time in one room from start to finish.

If I am able to utilize these rooms for about 10 months out of the year, how many would you attempt to run during that 10 month period.

Would you change the lighting around if so what would you change to?

Additionally I use to use Flora Series for the grow. (Micro, Bloom, Grow, Tea) but switched to the CNS. Would you go back to the Flora Series or stay with what I am using. I use these two because as someone like myself who still considers myself a novice they are very easy to use and not mess up. For me anyway.

Once again thanks for any advice and input. I was planning on taking a pic of the room tomorrow and posting it. Also was going to do a daily thread once I get things up and running in the near future.

hiboy

hiboy

Hi
A pic will get you more responses, so much info ya got there its nice to see it and not have to memerize it. Def. get a new lamp. They have life spans and urs is over.
Have u been successfull using the buckets.?
i run tables with rw and have constant success. I run a business so i cant spend all day growing like others i know.
Two rooms are great, one lights on as long as u can pay for it, and the other ur flower room. Flouries work well for the veg, and save electricity.
Two 1000 hps lamps is what i would do in your flower room.
Any system willl work, for u in there, its ur experience that will make or break u so do what u have done unless you want to learn new tricks.
Paint it all, seal it all, do it right from the beginning, no leaks, light or air, and bomb it with bug cans b4 u start.
lets get that pic up
h

Top Bottom