Noob question regarding veg time+LST

• Thread starter Murdante
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Murdante

Murdante

Hey! Second plant of my life, tried to play with LST and topped after 3 nodes. It is about 6 weeks from seed.

I'm trying to get a "spiral" using clips and rope attached to 4 mains I got from topping.

Had questions about 2 things. Based on pics, should i trim it up a bit or leave it nice and bushy? Also for LST, how big should I let her get before flowering. Should I still anticipate double height?

Apologies for the noob questions. Not sure if I am doing this correctly.

Noob question regarding veg timelst
Noob question regarding veg timelst 2
Noob question regarding veg timelst 3
Noob question regarding veg timelst 4
gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
1. You might want to trim off some of the bigger leaves that are covering future bud sights.
2. Depending on a lot of different things it could grow to 1.5x-3x the size during flower. If your last grow was the same strain and you did the same type of training then go off that but otherwise prepare for around double height.

Murdante

Murdante

1. You might want to trim off some of the bigger leaves that are covering future bud sights.
2. Depending on a lot of different things it could grow to 1.5x-3x the size during flower. If your last grow was the same strain and you did the same type of training then go off that but otherwise prepare for around double height.
Cheers, different strain this time around and first time topping and trying LST. Good to know about trim, a lot of conflicting info in that area. Thank you!

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Cheers, different strain this time around and first time topping and trying LST. Good to know about trim, a lot of conflicting info in that area. Thank you!
Up until late veg all I do for defoliating is I take off all of the fan leaves connected to a stem and leave the ones connected to a bud sight.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
just saying that 3-4 bladed leaves are a sign of stress to the plant, so make sure that new nodes/tops are growing 5/7 bladed leaves as it’s a sign of growing healthy, before stressing her out again.
just saying..

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
just saying that 3-4 bladed leaves are a sign of stress to the plant, so make sure that new nodes/tops are growing 5/7 bladed leaves as it’s a sign of growing healthy, before stressing her out again.
just saying..
If you're referring to the pic where he's holding the the 3 blade leaf, I think that's just the second set of fan leaves.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
If you're referring to the pic where he's holding the the 3 blade leaf, I think that's just the second set of fan leaves.
yep, zoom up inside theres more, some single curled up.. etc.. all good..
i think he should just let it grow out some for 2 weeks as is.

Murdante

Murdante

just saying..
Thanks! Yeah the new ones are mainly 7.

Latest posts

Top Bottom