Noobiest of the noobs here!

• Thread starter crossfader
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
crossfader

crossfader

Hello Fellow Growers,

New member, first post...so bear with me! Back in mid June I was given this one plant that a friend picked up somewhere in Renfrew. It was roughly 8-10 inches and growing in a Solo cup. "Critical Chunky" was written on the cup yet when I searched for that strain there were no results. "Critical Kush" kept coming up in the search results when Googling "Critical Chunky". Pretty confident in saying it's an autoflower as it started pre-flowering after a few weeks in the 5-Gal container. Anyway, not really knowing what to do with it I started poking around online for some tips. Currently I don't have the funds for specialized equipment...I'm just winging it this season and if I get decent results, I'll invest more money/time next growing season. Here's the deal: I transplanted into a 5-Gal container that I drilled drainage holes and lined the bottom with some rocks & gravel and filled with organic potting soil into which I mixed some extra Perlite. Moved it outside and only bring it inside when there's risk of heavy rains, or at night if the temp hits single digits. I live in a townhouse with a very small patio at the rear, it never got more than 4-5 hours of direct sun each day, currently it's down to 3-3 and a half hours a day. I try to supplement light when it's inside by using a cheap LED bulb with the plastic dome cut off it. It's not enough I know but it's better than nothing right now. As far as nutes, all I'm doing is giving it 1oz of Bud Juice Micro diluted in 32 oz of tap water I set outside foe a day or 2 before using to avoid the dissolved chlorine. That's all at this point. I'm hoping that this very basic of basic grown will reward me with something halfway decent. I've attached some pics I just took to show what she looks like at this point. So to sum it up, I really don't know what I'm doing but the plant seems to be doing ok at this stage.
20200907_122121 (1).jpg
20200907_122130.jpg
All advice/tips are welcome...and thanks for reading this far! This site seems to be a gem for growers, lots of help and advice seems to be the norm here!
Noobiest of the noobs here 3

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

If u go onto ebay you can buy decent used hps ballast for pretty cheap then all u needs a hood and a bulb to get u started.you can pick the rest up (fans etc) along the way.

crossfader

crossfader

If u go onto ebay you can buy decent used hps ballast for pretty cheap then all u needs a hood and a bulb to get u started.you can pick the rest up (fans etc) along the way.
That's just what I was planning on doing going forward, thanks!

Cracken

Cracken

so far the plant looks healthy and doing well. if budget is tight a cheap source of light is CFL lights, try to get ones that are 5000K or higher in colour and the biggest is 200W. Last time I bought some it was $20 at home depot, looking at your bucket there is one close to you. if that is not available try a buy and sell online. kijiji I can always find cheap lights because most growers are now buying high end LED lights so they are selling their used ballasts for like $40, with bulbs and shades.
I once got 3oz of great kush from a plant grown only under 4CFL bulbs. good luck and keep up the good work

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Welcome, yea looks like critical, i use a viperspecta 600w reflector and they can now be had for $149 deliverd after that a few full spec spot lights for side light, a 4×4 tent try hydro crunch from home depo cheap and good quality some nutes dirt and a fan or 2 and you can run autoflowers, it depends if you want to lay out the bread? It is not a cheap hobby and start up cost sux but i do ok. Good luck.

20200908 151046
crossfader

crossfader

[QUOTE="Edinburgh, po
Thanks for the advice. I'm taking it all in here! Plant looks great btw👍

Top Bottom