Noobstar’s first grow. An organic outdoor grow.

• Thread starter Noobstar
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Noobstar

Noobstar

Wish I started this thread sooner, but the grow is far from finished so it’s ok.
I started using marijuana when I was 17(28 now) and I always got my flower through the streets+friends.
Over the years I’d find a seed here and there in my baggies and I’d toss them in a a zip lock bag saying to myself “it would be cool to try to grow these one day”

Well that day came May 14th of this year. I had quite a lot of seeds and I didn’t want to be in over my head so I gifted more than half away. I chose what seemed to be 5 of the healthiest seeds and 3 days later:
Noobstars first grow an organic outdoor grow

My babies emerged and my excitement sky-rocketed.
Knowing I could possibly share the same flower I shared with friends years ago made me determined to get this done.
About 5 days later I had a healthy tap root from each one:
Noobstars first grow an organic outdoor grow 2

3 days after, I placed them in their first 1gal cloth pots:
Noobstars first grow an organic outdoor grow 3

Recommended by a friend who already had 1 grow under his belt I used roots organic original soil.

About 20 days later I had this:

Sorry if the video uploaded like shit.

Anyways the very next day I took a close look and I noticed something on one plant:
Noobstars first grow an organic outdoor grow 4

Pistils! At this point I had read a decent amount and figured out this was an auto-flower! Super cool!

10 days after seeing my first pistils the plants were doing great still and growing nicely. So far they hadn’t been fed anything and only watered with Poland spring.(was nervous about tap at first)
Noobstars first grow an organic outdoor grow 5

Noobstars first grow an organic outdoor grow 6

It was time to be repotted into their final homes! Even not knowing the sex of 4/5 plants I went with 15 gal cloth pots(5 gal for the auto)man these are big!
I filled each pot with a combination of coast of Maine soil growers mix and coast of Maine lobster compost.

I also fed them lightly with roots organic uprising foundation, half strength.
Noobstars first grow an organic outdoor grow 7

Noobstars first grow an organic outdoor grow 8

Noobstars first grow an organic outdoor grow 9

Now we are in the present week this thread was created.
The plants reacted fine to the repotting I couldn’t see any signs of stress! so I decided to top all of them except the auto. They did not like that one bit and looking back I wish I fimmed instead.
Noobstars first grow an organic outdoor grow 10

Noobstars first grow an organic outdoor grow 11

A couple of them were drooping hard and I thought I had severely messed up but only a couple hours later it seemed they weren’t bothered at all.
Noobstars first grow an organic outdoor grow 12

2 days later I started a late LST on all of them except the auto:
Noobstars first grow an organic outdoor grow 13

This was yesterday and today I decided to feed them for their second time ever with a mix of roots organic foundation+ grow as a top dressing at half strength. For the autoflower I fed it roots organic grow+bloom also half strength (nervous about burn).

Welp, this is the grow so far. I will update this thread until we are all done!
This site/community has already helped me tremendously with information about these plants.
Thank you everyone who takes time to help those who need it.
Keep growing.

Noobstar

Noobstar

Well an hour after I post this I go outside to see this:
352012A9 CF0C 4487 9605 CCEEFCDF34B0

The dangers of an outside grow with no protections. Stupid bunny rabbit chomped on my auto flower 😭

Urameshi

Urameshi

Ah that sucks about the hungry rabbit but good luck on the grow, I'll take my talents outdoors one day

Treecutter

Treecutter

Nice start. Autos are demanding. They suck up the the nutes quick when the flower stretch starts.

Noobstar

Noobstar

Nice start. Autos are demanding. They suck up the the nutes quick when the flower stretch starts.
thank you, I think I’ll give the auto the full recommended dose on bloom nutes next feeding instead of halving it.
Any guess on how much longer the auto will be flowering for?

Noobstar

Noobstar

3CDCA37E D19B 4EFC 85F0 286F22AF7878
So today it finally stopped raining after 4-5 days of on/off rain. Some leaves took a beating, because of a giant oak tree that hangs above allowing droplets to gain size and weight pounding on my (hopefully) ladies.
Luckily having the branches cut down from it in 4 days since it drops acorns on the house all day. Yay that means more sunlight!

I did a bit more LST today and some slight defoliation. Placed some yellow sticky bug traps(might of went over board) and gave the photoperiods a nice neem oil spray.
Here’s the auto:
82CBBCD9 54D7 4D31 9324 0C8FA624CD7F

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Looking good, what you using for flowering nutrients?

bejd2010

bejd2010

Strong suggestion,
I used Humboldts Secret full strength on autos , BAD Mistake.
Now I Use Nutes 1/2 strength on auto flowers , period .
There will be burn on the leaves if you start with more , you can always work your way up gradually.
Good Luck 🍀

Noobstar

Noobstar

Just a little update. Plants are growing great. Some minor pest damage on some leaves but it just seems unavoidable being outdoors in my location.
and of course a picture of the autoflower:

Any guesses on how much longer for this auto would be cool!

Top Bottom