Norcal Outdoor Medical, Organic Forest Grow. First Grow Log

• Thread starter BudBogart
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BudBogart

BudBogart

last shots of this years garden. Its been a great adventure, thank you so much for sharing it with us.

BudBogart

BudBogart

Hey all, hope everyone is doing fine. I have trimmed bud until I just can't trim no more, lol. Petunia took a week off to help with the trimming which was great. One other person took 2 or 3 bins (18 gallon) and trimmed them. A bin might contain enough to make a pound or so of finished bud.
I had to make some executive decisions. Decided on trimming only the dense hard cola flowers. After making that decision I was able to leave quite a bit of growth behind when I harvested.
Two days before a week long storm front was due an agreement was made with someone who wanted trim, jumped all over the remaining secondary buds and even wanted the stalks, trunks and stems for making dream catchers, etc.
It took them 4 frigging pick up loads to take it all,
Next year I am going to have a plan for all that trim.
We did hand trim everything so far. We only have 5 bins left to trim. I haven't trimmed at all in the past week. Wow, trimming is a lot like having a real job. A little bit goes a long way. More to follow!

Srenots

Srenots

Hey all, hope everyone is doing fine. I have trimmed bud until I just can't trim no more, lol. Petunia took a week off to help with the trimming which was great. One other person took 2 or 3 bins (18 gallon) and trimmed them. A bin might contain enough to make a pound or so of finished bud.
I had to make some executive decisions. Decided on trimming only the dense hard cola flowers. After making that decision I was able to leave quite a bit of growth behind when I harvested.
Two days before a week long storm front was due an agreement was made with someone who wanted trim, jumped all over the remaining secondary buds and even wanted the stalks, trunks and stems for making dream catchers, etc.
We did hand trim everything so far. We only have 5 bins left to trim. I haven't trimmed at all in the past week. Wow, trimming is a lot like having a real job. A little bit goes a long way. More to follow!
awesome bro....

GreenHouser

GreenHouser

Ohhhhhh i got a plan if you dont!! Ha ha good job sir!!

BudBogart

BudBogart

Thanks to everybody.
Curing the bud. Due to the abundant harvest and basically one man trimming crew, as you can imagine, only a portion of the harvest could be jarred in the perfect time frame. I busted ass as best an old farmer can do, and my wife took a week off work to help trim and cure.
Well, we wound up with so many cases of cured and jarred bud in the house that we loaded it all up and put it all in storage, leaving several more bins at home needing to be trimmed and jarred.
Bottom line, and point if story is that all of our best cured bud has been put away and not yet smoked.
The case of bud that we kept in the house had the jars constantly opened to get a bud to smoke, so not really cured as precisely as we could hope.
Having said all that, the bud we have smoked tastes good. We can taste the differences between strains, a sign they weren't bludgeoned with too many up takes.
I finally (after years), looked up cannabis laws for my county. Very happy with what I found. Because of the zoning of our property, RA20, we can use 600 square feet for cannabis gardening. With our medical recommendation we can grow as many plants as we need for medical purposes. Wow, after living like an uncaptured felon for the majority of my life, finding out that society has finally embraced my lifestyle as acceptable....hmmmm, gonna take some getting used too, lol.
20,30,40 years ago I used to dream of living in the woods away from wandering eyes and have my plants growing in stealthy spots like blackberry thickets. This is better than I ever imagined.
Planning next years garden! Stay warm and have a great Christmas.

TrubldBreeze

TrubldBreeze

Thanks to everybody.
Curing the bud. Due to the abundant harvest and basically one man trimming crew, as you can imagine, only a portion of the harvest could be jarred in the perfect time frame. I busted ass as best an old farmer can do, and my wife took a week off work to help trim and cure.
Well, we wound up with so many cases of cured and jarred bud in the house that we loaded it all up and put it all in storage, leaving several more bins at home needing to be trimmed and jarred.
Bottom line, and point if story is that all of our best cured bud has been put away and not yet smoked.
The case of bud that we kept in the house had the jars constantly opened to get a bud to smoke, so not really cured as precisely as we could hope.
Having said all that, the bud we have smoked tastes good. We can taste the differences between strains, a sign they weren't bludgeoned with too many up takes.
I finally (after years), looked up cannabis laws for my county. Very happy with what I found. Because of the zoning of our property, RA20, we can use 600 square feet for cannabis gardening. With our medical recommendation we can grow as many plants as we need for medical purposes. Wow, after living like an uncaptured felon for the majority of my life, finding out that society has finally embraced my lifestyle as acceptable....hmmmm, gonna take some getting used too, lol.
20,30,40 years ago I used to dream of living in the woods away from wandering eyes and have my plants growing in stealthy spots like blackberry thickets. This is better than I ever imagined.
Planning next years garden! Stay warm and have a great Christmas.
You are living the canna gardener's dream!
Peace and many blessings to you and your family. :)

BudBogart

BudBogart

Hope everyone's having fun this season.
I haven't posted any pics of this grow until now.
Since last year, I made a seedling shelter with 8 t5's with a fan that holds 32 5 inch pots.
Last year I started in mid March. The plants looked great but the roots got too big over time and they were heavily root bound when I put them in the ground, which didn't seem to hurt them but I decided to wait till April 8th this year.
What a start. I had some awesome seeds from around the world. I germinated them and they all popped. They also all got eaten by mice as soon as they did. Within 48 hours of popping seeds all were gone.
So I went to a dispensary and bought some feminized seeds. They popped but the rodent safeguard proved ineffective and I lost another crop. I had just enough dispensary seeds left for one last planting. I protected each pot with its own little cage. Success, finally, but it was like May 5th by the time they popped.
So finally had some seedlings to put in the garden. Using the same holes as last year but I haven't fertilized them but twice.
So finally, in June, I get about 20 plants in the ground. What else could go wrong?
Well, the plants weren't really feminized. In fact, 12 seeds were male leaving me 8 females. I never had that percentage of males even when planting bag seed.
But it's a garden. It will probably yield plenty for our needs, in light of last years abundance. Just starting to send hairs.

GreenHouser

GreenHouser

Since last year, I made a seedling shelter with 8 t5's with a fan that holds 32 5 inch pots.
Last year I started in mid March. The plants looked great but the roots got too big over time and they were heavily root bound when I put them in the ground, which didn't seem to hurt them but I decided to wait till April 8th this year.
What a start. I had some awesome seeds from around the world. I germinated them and they all popped. They also all got eaten by mice as soon as they did. Within 48 hours of popping seeds all were gone.
So I went to a dispensary and bought some feminized seeds. They popped but the rodent safeguard proved ineffective and I lost another crop. I had just enough dispensary seeds left for one last planting. I protected each pot with its own little cage. Success, finally, but it was like May 5th by the time they popped.
So finally had some seedlings to put in the garden. Using the same holes as last year but I haven't fertilized them but twice.
So finally, in June, I get about 20 plants in the ground. What else could go wrong?
Well, the plants weren't really feminized. In fact, 12 seeds were male leaving me 8 females. I never had that percentage of males even when planting bag seed.
But it's a garden. It will probably yield plenty for our needs, in light of last years abundance. Just starting to send hairs.
View attachment 730641 View attachment 730642 View attachment 730643 View attachment 730644 View attachment 730645 View attachment 730646
Looking great Mr. Bogart!!

Ecompost

Ecompost

View attachment 730641 View attachment 730642 View attachment 730643 View attachment 730644 View attachment 730645 View attachment 730646
always makes me smile to see you giants outside there :-)

BudBogart

BudBogart

Some updated pictures of this years grow. I made it to the nursery and picked up some bone meal and kelp for the P and K and gave them a top feeding of both.
Since losing all of my great seeds to mice twice, the plants I am growing, one called romulawi and one I can't remember just don't have me excited.
Instead I am hoping to reconfigure the garden for next year grow into something that gives at least 8 feet between plant trunks, and align them for maximum sun exposure.
We still have not broken into the best cured cases of bud from last year but we get no complaints about the variety of bud we are smoking. A TH Seeds Akorn, a freebie has a wonderful deep smoke I can pick out from any others. Original Amnesia gave up some powerful buds but is a temperamental plant to grow. Barneys LSD is a definite top contender for overall best plants with consistent phenols and well formed, similar plants yielding a generous amount of colas. The 707 Headband was a favorite to watch grow as she was self topping and grew 7 foot tall but 8-10 feet wide, good bud from the ground up. I grew a bunch of blue dream, but I haven't ran into much of it yet.
Bubba kush, one big bud machine, buds kind of average taste and power. Dina fem blue cheese, nice and an early finisher, too.

Top Bottom