NorCal rain harvest!!!Please help!!!

• Thread starter medicali
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

medicali

:sweatingSo I seem to have a dilemma with my outdoor ladies. I didn't transition into bloom until sept. 1st, as they aren't on my property and are kinda hard to get to...so here we are roughly 8-9 weeks later and they are just about perfect. Only problem is that up here in northern cali. we just got hit with some decent rain and moisture. I had everything staked off and pulled up against the house that they're at, so they're standing tall...but a little top heavy. My dilemma is this...how long should i wait for the water to dry off as not to promote mold? The suns out now, after about 3 days of grey gloom, and should be until friday...could/should i wait until then to harvest? should i pull them now? are my ladies fukked from the rain, or was it okay to let nature help me flush? in need of some serious feedback on this... thanks in advance my herbal ninjas!!:sweating

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Inspection is the only way to tell medicali. If they are in a shaded spot where moisture might stay on the building or the ground during the day you may be too late. Be sure to dig into the bud right down to the meristem as the worst molds and bud rot happen from the inside out. If they look like they got away and they'll see some sun wait a couple of days so you don't have problems drying.

Good luck bro!

O

OGrower707

:sweatingSo I seem to have a dilemma with my outdoor ladies. I didn't transition into bloom until sept. 1st, as they aren't on my property and are kinda hard to get to...so here we are roughly 8-9 weeks later and they are just about perfect. Only problem is that up here in northern cali. we just got hit with some decent rain and moisture. I had everything staked off and pulled up against the house that they're at, so they're standing tall...but a little top heavy. My dilemma is this...how long should i wait for the water to dry off as not to promote mold? The suns out now, after about 3 days of grey gloom, and should be until friday...could/should i wait until then to harvest? should i pull them now? are my ladies fukked from the rain, or was it okay to let nature help me flush? in need of some serious feedback on this... thanks in advance my herbal ninjas!!:sweating

buddy, you better give the axe quick, we got hit hard last night, just hang em with a couple clean fans and watch for mold

M

medicali

They're in trash cans on a relatives deck that gets straight up SUN when it's out...like i said they're hard to get to though ,about an hour drive in the middle of gods country, so i only go up to transition, trim, and harvest for the most part. so without inspecting there's really no way to know huh? how fast does mold start..i've never experienced it , but was under the impression it happened after harvesting when not enough air circulation. what should i have them look for? Always there with the advice hererisssh...muchos gracias amigo!!

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Very fast bro, faster than you and me put together if the conditions are right. They rot right on the plant and it's a terribly painful experience. Take the drive, if we're cut from the same cloth you'll be a lunatic until you do. :sweating

OG707's makes a good point though, fans on the drying product will work if it's damp but not moldy. Keep the air circulating.

M

medicali

buddy, you better give the axe quick, we got hit hard last night, just hang em with a couple clean fans and watch for mold

even though the sun is out strong right now, and will be until friday? i thought that fans would just dry them out too fast...where are you at? they're in placer county...wasn't too hard here. but rain none the less. Im stressin either way though:sweating

M

medicali

Second opinion & survey says......Im sold! Best to harvest in the dark though right? maybe ill have them shaken off today and ill chop like a midnight toker...fans for real though???...for how long, just until visible moisture content is gone...or the whole week??

direct fanning or just in the room? thanks guys im sressin hard...about 1.5 lbs about to turn into shit if i dont make the right move. I was hopin you guys might say that...i was gonna go up there tonight but didn't know if my paranoia was making the final decision or not. Thanks again...any other tips for miracle working some rainy ganj?

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Harvesting at different times of day is something everyone seems to do differently. I don't think it matters except for the possibility of dew. In this case I'd chop them when they are the most dry, sundown. If the moisture level seems ok and you have a good indoor spot to dry them the fans will not be a big deal. If you're drying in an out building a fan blowing (not directly on the plant) will help a lot in keeping the mold away.

I wouldn't f*** around with an elbow and a half, get in the car :yes

M

medicali

hahaha...your right im outty! thanks bro!! they will be dried out in my shop though...so fan in room...but not direct right?? and considering the moisture levels...windows closed and keep it dark?? im sending you some your way if it all goes well bro...thanks again... mad +reps

P

Purkle

Premium Member
Supporter
Congrats on ur harvest and we all hope they stay mold free for ya. Just dont worry and keep the air going.

Top Bottom