NorthEast Outdoor Growers

• Thread starter r z n b a l l
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

r z n b a l l

Gonna be starting my first outdoor this year. I have a few indoor grows under my belt and decided to do an outdoor cause it seems easier haha. Im looking for any and all information I can get from you guys up here in the north east, what do you use for soil how do you ammend your plots, what strains are you growing, how do you water, do you plant in ground or in buckets of some sort, how do you fertilize if any, how do you transport thing to your plots, do you have any pest repellent techniques you use, any and all information is needed/wanted thank you!!

B

beaver39

i use old cow or horse manure,promix or coco,polmers,organic rock ferts,chicken wire painted,as much sun as i can get,moist area(ground)like white(has great ph) ceder,big holes or Synthetic feed bags painted........buckets SUCK!!!!!!.........

D

dkmonk

Well I'm still a newb to outdoor growing but this will be my second real season of doing things.
I first start out and shovel off the top layer of grass and pile it up out of my way (figure if i let it sit there eventually it will be useful for something) I then dug about 2 feet into the soil and started softening it up and mixing it so that is was all loose, and this also uncompresses it so that the soil is even w/ the grass again after taking the grass layer off. I put some bone meal, blood meal, and sprinkled time release on it and mixed that up all nicely.
I did all that part in the fall b4 it got too cold ^^^^ Since it's starting to get spring I am getting top soil, peat, and perlite and mixing those together then putting that on top of what i did in the fall and mixing it w/ the old soil. This will help with water retension and drainage. People use dolomite lime to help w/ the ph of their soil, but I haven't done that yet.

As far as watering goes I water with plain water until the 4th set of internodes then I start giving them nutrients for veging. I usually water about 2 a week 3 times if it is really hot and dry. I water with nutrients only every 3rd watering so about every 9 days, some people would say that isn't enough, but unless the plants need it thats all I do.

I am planting in the ground for convenience, because I don't want to haul as much stuff out to my plot, but if your in your back yard go for pots, another reason why I put them in the ground is because I start off w/ alot of seedling and end up getting rid of 1/3 of them.

I transport my things via duffel bag, at night, because I think that the people in the surrounding area would find it weird every so often im walking out in the middle of a field toward the woods on a hot day with a duffel bag, gardening equipment (shovel), and water lol.

For pest repelent I just urinate around my plot (not on it of course), save some hair or spray your buckets w/ cologne, hot sauce, and soap are all good deterents for deer and other critters, along w/ chicken wire. Neem oil works good for preventitive measures against insects, but don't put a shitload on your plant, because too much can hurt it.

Well I think I covered everything I do, just my 2 cents, I am still just learning and have a lot to learn, so maybe some more experienced guerilla growers can give yah a hand.

R

r z n b a l l

Thanks for this info guys, defiantly very helpful, and of course more info is always welcome...

Top Bottom