Northern Lights auto outdoor ready to harvest?

• Thread starter Lasso
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lasso

Lasso

Hi guys,

I am new here and this is my second grow. First one was 20 years ago. I got some Northern Lights automatic seeds from which I planted one on 29th of May. Since this strain has a lifespan of 12 weeks it may be ready but I am not sure if it can stay a few days for more yield. It is grown outdoors and I fed some flowering nutes since I saw the first pistils.
It has upmoving yellow fan leaves since a week and the pistils are starting to get brown but there are still some whitish ones.

Today I got me a lense to have a better view on the Trichomes. I am going to attach some pics. For me it seems that most of them are milky with only a few clear ones. I only saw a few brown ones. I dont want so much of a couch lock effect so I want to harvest with not so much brown ones. Can it stay a few days or maybe even a week before THC is degrading too much? I read a bit into growing but I got next to no practical experience. What do you guys say? Are there still going to be produced more Trichomes before the majority turns brown?

Edit: forgot to say that it seems like the weather is turning bad the next couple of days. Cloudy and around 20°C (down to 13°C during night) this may have also caused the yellowing...

20210818 215708
20210818 220056
20210818 220240
20210818 232045
20210818 220537
20210818 220517
20210818 213148

Last edited:
Lasso

Lasso

Forgot to say that I saw the first pistils around 6 weeks ago. So it must be the 7th week of flowering right now.

Lasso

Lasso

I mean I'd let it go for a bit longer I don't see any amber at all in there
Thanks for your reply. At which percentage of amber ones would you guys recommend to harvest the Northern Lights auto if you want less of a couch lock feeling? As it is indica based I guess at a really low percentage of amber ones right?

And does THC degrading also happens when I dry it? I plan to dry it in total darkness...

Latest posts

Top Bottom