Northern Lights x Haze

• Thread starter romulan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

romulan

Hello I planted my seeds outdoors in 4 gallon pots about mid May. and I thought that the plant would be in veg state until the light goes 12/12, in my area that is sept. 20th. My plants are all girls and showing the pistils like the forum states but it appears that pistils are appearing at the bud areas now. Im confused to say the least. I am also growing Romulan a personal favorite. What stage is my plant in now? and should I switch to a bloom fertilizer?

P

ProGroWannabe

Yes, you should switch to a flower nute schedule that still has "some" Nitrogen in it. By "some" I mean a small amount. It's too early to totally eliminate it IMO. To explain the stage of your plants, one has to move away from "thinking indoor" and realize that in nature, a photo-sensitive plant like cannabis is triggered to flower as day length gets shorter. Once you get past the summer equinox (longest day of the year, usually in June for most) the plant begins to sense the days getting shorter. When it senses this, it begins a hormonal change from vegetative growth to flowering. This is what you are seeing now. Your plants have gone from transition to being firmly in flowering mode. 12/12 is used indoor since all but the full-blooded sativas will flower to maturity under this schedule. The full-blooded sativas I am referring to are Thais, Hazes, and a few African sativas. On those, most will slowly move the light schedule back even further than 12/12 so that the nights are longer in an effort to get them to finish. Sometimes I don't explain things well, so let me know.

R

romulan

Ah so the flowering stage is begun outdoors when the plant senses the days are getting shorter? And the 12 /12 rule does not begin the start of the flowering stage Outdoors. OK now I should change to bloom nutes how many days /weeks after the pistils first appear? Thankyou in advance.,

P

ProGroWannabe

Yes, just as you said in your last post. As the days get shorter, it triggers the hormonal response in the plant that begins flowering.

As for nute scheduling.... I usually begin the transition (indoors) two weeks after I flip the switch. So I'd say outdoors, once you see the pistils you can start to lower the N a little and start bringing up the P. That's just how I do mine. Others may have better feedback regarding outdoors, as most of my experience is indoors. Still the same plant though...lol.

R

romulan

Thankyou so much for your help ! What in your opinion is the best cerebral/head high, and best body/stone ? I am quite happy with my Romulan it does hit me like a sack of bricks, but im wondering inparticular the best cerebral/Head high. Thanks again!
Oh one more question, My seeds I assume are feminized, or I am very lucky! over two years I've planted 18 seeds and had 18 females (both Romulan & Northern Lights x Haze), yet I had about 35 Romulan seeds from 3 plants, and about 20 from the 3 NLxH plants from my crop last year is this normal for feminized seeds?

Q

Quicksilver

Depending on the particular strains, I've heard that some feminized seeds are indeed more likely to produce a few male flowers. If you're using these selfed seeds for the following year's grow, that would explain the predominance of females you're getting.

Whose NL x Haze are you running? This cross can be pretty Haze dominant, giving you the cerebral high you ask about. I grew the NL90 x Haze from (gasp) HHF last year. Very nice, up buzz. Fairly late finisher, but doable at my latitude. Interestingly, one particular male from that lot showed strong autoflowering traits, shedding pollen profusely by summer solstice.

P

ProGroWannabe

romulan....IMO..the best head high's come from pure sativas/hazes. As for a body high, most that prefer them usually look for strains that have a high CBN/CBD content ....as such, I've heard good things about Rez's Williams Wonder, I've done well with Mandala's Speed Queen if chopped a little late, and a G13 x White Widow that I used to grow.

M

Morva

I`ve wanted to grow NLxHaze for a while. Let us know how it goes outside. :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom