Nostalgia Or Just Better Buds?

• Thread starter Johnlandy420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
Just bored…. So I smoke a lot and I have now for too long. However, I know that I haven’t gotten my hand on many of these famous OGs that people rave about.

Any guys or gals care to give honest feedback? Was/is Pre 98 Bubba just way better than a good wedding cake? Were there just way more pure sativas out there?

sambapati

sambapati

Just bored…. So I smoke a lot and I have now for too long. However, I know that I haven’t gotten my hand on many of these famous OGs that people rave about.

Any guys or gals care to give honest feedback? Was/is Pre 98 Bubba just way better than a good wedding cake? Were there just way more pure sativas out there?
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...=0C7IkPgafkE&usg=AOvVaw1Q__vZ-NWmk20bDaqCTOno
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...=0C7IkPgafkE&usg=AOvVaw1Q__vZ-NWmk20bDaqCTOno
4:34
Kenny Rogers - They Don't Make Them Like They Used To ...
YouTube · Johann Christian 0710
Jul 5, 2564 BE
JL, I quit smoking from 1979 to 1999 then started again. But I fondly remember Black and Gold Columbian, Honduran, Thai/Lao stick and 1 particular Michoacan bag that had the sweetest smelling weed ever. We used to collect generations of roaches and claimed that magic 'roach pot' got us higher -- smoking carbon is what we were doing. I think part of the mystique was never knowing if or when you were going to 'score' some fantastic weed -- and how you had to share it with your buddies to make it real. There is also 'hitting' a joint after not smoking for a while that makes the experience more pronounced. I remember going to see the Red Hot Chili Peppers with my 12-year-old son and the guy next to us lighting up a fattie when they sang "The Bridge." My boy (12) asked why the person didn't light the joint at the beginning of the show to enjoy the whole concert instead. "All about the moment he heard the chords of his favorite song starting and in that moment he wanted to get high." was my answer.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

We're in the a golden age of reefer right now. Bubba Kush is good and it is probably in the family tree of a number of varieties you've smoked. It's still out there, plenty of people have a cut. It's not one of those disappeared strains.

I'm personally not into the various cake-named strains, but not because they're not potent. But there's plenty else out there that's right up my alley.

My main complaint about most of today's weed is that breeders have bred The Crazy out of them — that bit of mind spark that makes you think differently. It also can cause paranoia, but that was always part of the fun, IMO. However, I've since found some strains complete with The Crazy, so my nostalgia for Weed Of Yesteryear is gone.

Blastfact

Blastfact

I popped seed and grew my last real Columbian Gold plant last year with seed from 1975. I for one miss the historic and classic strains of my youth. None of the modern fufu strains ever give me traces or colors like the classics when right. Last year when the last Lumbo Lady was cured out some biker brothers gathered at the house before we left for a Talmena Dr. ride. Most of us had known each other since childhood.. We all grew up riding together. A few back to the fourth grade with all of us being in our early 60's. Passed around a couple of joints and took off. Within 20 miles it was clear we were all far to stoned to ride. And a bit pissed because that never happens with modern weed. Just shows how piss poor all the new fufu weed everybody was smoking really was. As it turned out some coffee and chocolate cake at a local dinner fixed us right up and two hours later we got on with our day trip in more ways than one. Smoked fufu weed for the rest of the day stopping at dispensary's going and coming. Nothing hit like the Lumbo Lady. Ended up giving a lot of that last plant away so folks could get a taste and high of some real weed before weed as we knew it got ruined in the modern ilk strains. I don't want to come across as mean,,,, but you folks that are bringing up cannabis of the 90's? Honestly,,, you haven't smoked a classic/historic strain. The historic/classic strains were all pretty much dead by the end of the 70's. And only those of us that horded seed from the 60's and 70's had good weed in the 80's and 90's. That may seem fanciful to some. But it is the truth. I like to compare weed to wine. In one corner we have fufu weed and fine wine. In the other corner classic strain and MD 20/20. FuFu makes your pinky stick out and classic rips your head off and spits on the stump. There is a reason why the fed classifies cannabis as a hallucinogen. And it's not because of the modern FuFu strains.
IMG 3470

growsince79

growsince79

I popped seed and grew my last real Columbian Gold plant last year with seed from 1975. I for one miss the historic and classic strains of my youth. None of the modern fufu strains ever give me traces or colors like the classics when right. Last year when the last Lumbo Lady was cured out some biker brothers gathered at the house before we left for a Talmena Dr. ride. Most of us had known each other since childhood.. We all grew up riding together. A few back to the fourth grade with all of us being in our early 60's. Passed around a couple of joints and took off. Within 20 miles it was clear we were all far to stoned to ride. And a bit pissed because that never happens with modern weed. Just shows how piss poor all the new fufu weed everybody was smoking really was. As it turned out some coffee and chocolate cake at a local dinner fixed us right up and two hours later we got on with our day trip in more ways than one. Smoked fufu weed for the rest of the day stopping at dispensary's going and coming. Nothing hit like the Lumbo Lady. Ended up giving a lot of that last plant away so folks could get a taste and high of some real weed before weed as we knew it got ruined in the modern ilk strains. I don't want to come across as mean,,,, but you folks that are bringing up cannabis of the 90's? Honestly,,, you haven't smoked a classic/historic strain. The historic/classic strains were all pretty much dead by the end of the 70's. And only those of us that horded seed from the 60's and 70's had good weed in the 80's and 90's. That may seem fanciful to some. But it is the truth. I like to compare weed to wine. In one corner we have fufu weed and fine wine. In the other corner classic strain and MD 20/20. FuFu makes your pinky stick out and classic rips your head off and spits on the stump. There is a reason why the fed classifies cannabis as a hallucinogen. And it's not because of the modern FuFu strains.
View attachment 1226774
Nice plant. It's amazing how much it looks like todays landrace Colombian. Hasn't changed much at all.

growsince79

growsince79

We're in the a golden age of reefer right now. Bubba Kush is good and it is probably in the family tree of a number of varieties you've smoked. It's still out there, plenty of people have a cut. It's not one of those disappeared strains.

I'm personally not into the various cake-named strains, but not because they're not potent. But there's plenty else out there that's right up my alley.

My main complaint about most of today's weed is that breeders have bred The Crazy out of them — that bit of mind spark that makes you think differently. It also can cause paranoia, but that was always part of the fun, IMO. However, I've since found some strains complete with The Crazy, so my nostalgia for Weed Of Yesteryear is gone.
Potency doesn't seem to be a priority nowadays they breed for auto and bag appeal. They think frost and purple is more important than taste and potency. Silly kids...

Blastfact

Blastfact

Nice plant. It's amazing how much it looks like todays landrace Colombian. Hasn't changed much at all.
Great weed. I smoked on whats left of her on 4/20. You can't smoke it all day long. It will put you in the bed with vivid 3D dreams. You wake up tired! :)

growsince79

growsince79

Great weed. I smoked on whats left of her on 4/20. You can't smoke it all day long. It will put you in the bed with vivid 3D dreams. You wake up tired! :)
I have tons of strains that smoke way better. I used mine to breed and make hash. The hash yield was far less than modern strains but way more potent.

Blastfact

Blastfact

Potency doesn't seem to be a priority nowadays they breed for auto and bag appeal. They think frost and purple is more important than taste and potency. Silly kids...
I bought this little brass chamber pipe when I was 15 years old on Main St. Huntington Beach Ca. back before the state went to shit in a hand bag. If I'm not pleasantly high after 4 hits off that little bowl it's bunk weed. After two bowls I should be incapacitated. Lots of pretty looking crap weed out there now days. I had one of my grandsons buddys drop off some Tangie fufu weed he thought would be good from a dispensary. Lab tested 34.86% THC and 2.53% Terp,,,, complete bunk fufu weed. Barely get a buzz,,,, not worth the butane to fire it. Got some of the old school Gold out and loaded a bowl for him. 15 mins later he was like can I hang out here for a bit? Poor guy had to call his gf and explain he was to stoned to drive. He txt msg my grandson. Na showed up laughing at him. Na come in telling his buddy. I told you,,, you get stoned with my PaPa you wont be able to walk. Young man is now a student. Good weed and this little pipe has put many a people in a chair for a afternoon.

Old pipe

growsince79

growsince79

I'm breeding with the goal of making something that delivers the Colombian effect but better taste and doesn't take 140 days to flower. Stinky Colombian day 62f

Landrace Colombian day 62f

Last edited:
Ponky

Ponky

Most people just don't Iike the taste of sativa when they don't like it. It usually has more THC and terps. And is for the satica lover "superior" in every way. But something about kush makes it that much better.

growsince79

growsince79

Most people just don't Iike the taste of sativa when they don't like it. It usually has more THC and terps. And is for the satica lover "superior" in every way. But something about kush makes it that much better.
LOL Anyone who says the Colombian weed in the 70s tasted great - wasn't there. Even the best Colombian was not match to Hawaiian and Thai, for both taste and potency.

Latest posts

Top Bottom