Not a good start methinks

• Thread starter Glassdub
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
How long in water? I usually drop them in water in the morning and toss them onto paper towel the same night. Never bother to see if they sink eventually. But it can take some up to 24hrs to sink when you poke em.

Glassdub

Glassdub

How long in water? I usually drop them in water in the morning and toss them onto paper towel the same night. Never bother to see if they sink eventually. But it can take some up to 24hrs to sink when you poke em.
30ish minutes at this point so I guess I have a bit of time, going out running in a bit will check the verdict when I return.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
30ish minutes at this point so I guess I have a bit of time, going out running in a bit will check the verdict when I return.
Initially almost all cannabis seeds will float. You wont get them sinking for a while man. Dont sweat it. Give them 18-24 hrs, but NO MORE than 24hrs in the water.

Then step 2 in my world, dump the water and seeds onto dry, folded paper towel. Then arrange the seeds using a clean spoon and fold the paper towel over top of the seeds and press down gently to saturate it, then drain any remaining water. Leave 24 hrs and check, most should have tap roots poking out at that point. I usually give them 48 hrs in the paper towel before planting. Do not let PT dry out! I often cover with saran wrap or something.

Alternately, less OCD folks skip step 2, and plant directly from there into damp soil or rapid rooters or whatever..

Glassdub

Glassdub

Initially almost all cannabis seeds will float. You wont get them sinking for a while man. Dont sweat it. Give them 18-24 hrs, but NO MORE than 24hrs in the water.

Then step 2 in my world, dump the water and seeds onto dry, folded paper towel. Then arrange the seeds using a clean spoon and fold the paper towel over top of the seeds and press down gently to saturate it, then drain any remaining water. Leave 24 hrs and check, most should have tap roots poking out at that point. I usually give them 48 hrs in the paper towel before planting. Do not let PT dry out! I often cover with saran wrap or something.

Alternately, less OCD folks skip step 2, and plant directly from there into damp soil or rapid rooters or whatever..
Yeah, not going paper towel method, planting right in Jiffy pod, got them on the heating pad now to dry out the extra water, was going to give them 12 hours but 24 seems to be the top.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yeah, not going paper towel method, planting right in Jiffy pod, got them on the heating pad now to dry out the extra water, was going to give them 12 hours but 24 seems to be the top.
Yeah 18 is ideal I think, but up to 24 is ok. Any longer you risk drowning the poor things. Then into a peat puck should work great. Plant it pointy end up about 1/4" down.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Yeah 18 is ideal I think, but up to 24 is ok. Any longer you risk drowning the poor things. Then into a peat puck should work great. Plant it pointy end up about 1/4" down.
to be safe, no more than 15/16 hours!

Glassdub

Glassdub

Gave it about 17ish, all sunk. 4 LSD about 8 hours 1 of the 2 freebee Gelatos was going up & down to the end, I'll see in a few days.

20200505 140042
Hippogator

Hippogator

I think a faster way to do this is is to just try to squish them between your index finger and thumb....if they break they are bad. If they hold steady they are likely good. I planted 25,000 seeds last year if that helps with my credibility.

Glassdub

Glassdub

So far, 4 down 2 to go, oddly the 2 more runt Gelato seeds broke earth first pretty parallel to one of the LSD, cleaned out the tent today & moved them in.

Glassdub

Glassdub

Firing on all 6, the one Gelato in the top right grew inverted so I dug and turned today, hopefully it should catch up in a few days.

20200509 151349
weedtech

weedtech

Supporter
The purple stems, at that age are not a good sign.

I'd flush with neutral ph water ( plain water ).

Glassdub

Glassdub

Some burn showed up overnight on LSD 4 & Gelato 1, have switched to straight pH 5.9 Dehumidifier water cut a bit with Berkey filtered water to bring the pH up a bit as it runs a bit acid at around 5 prior to mixing,the plants were pretty dry when I noticed the so I gave em a flush of this, good move?
Gelato 1 burn

LSD 4 burn
Top Bottom