• Thread starter DavidMykel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FourthCity

FourthCity

A bud that big is a nugget? Wow
The real pros grow bottles of Perrier
18541.jpg

But seriously, you should probably listen to @MIMedGrower and do a little more research on lighting (and probably everything else). He's not trying to troll you, just offer information you are lacking. I mean if this grow goes well as it is and mimedgrower is right than wouldn't that mean your next grow could be even better with improvements? Would that be a bad thing? Every bit of advice is an opportunity to improve not a challenge to your ego.

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

You can't honestly believe that a LED can somehow magically turn 150 watts into 1000 watts???

What your reading is a comparison to a 1000 watt light.....and a ridiculous over rated one at that!! Don't believe the hype! Instead believe the advice coming from seriously experienced farmers who are trying to help you out with accurate information.

You can probe with a meter and verify the exact amount of power being produced from the driver. These are FACTS, not OPINION!!

Just like the amount of watts per square foot needed comes from real world experience......years and years of testing.

DavidMykel

DavidMykel

The real pros grow bottles of Perrier
18541.jpg

But seriously, you should probably listen to @MIMedGrower and do a little more research on lighting (and probably everything else). He's not trying to troll you, just offer information you are lacking. I mean if this grow goes well as it is and mimedgrower is right than wouldn't that mean your next grow could be even better with improvements? Would that be a bad thing? Every bit of advice is an opportunity to improve not a challenge to your ego.
Dom perignon lol, renounce perrier, shhhhh no swearing

DavidMykel

DavidMykel

You can't honestly believe that a LED can somehow magically turn 150 watts into 1000 watts???

What your reading is a comparison to a 1000 watt light.....and a ridiculous over rated one at that!! Don't believe the hype! Instead believe the advice coming from seriously experienced farmers who are trying to help you out with accurate information.

You can probe with a meter and verify the exact amount of power being produced from the driver. These are FACTS, not OPINION!!

Just like the amount of watts per square foot needed comes from real world experience......years and years of testing.
Fact is, hear me out here, ok, it produces the same light, doesnt matter the wattage, it's the light not the wattage that grows your plant, now hear me, I know what you're gonna say, "I'm quoting you right now as I quote what im saying lol, but King David, how come it's always about the watts, well my good man the reason for that is, hear me out, it's because hps hid all bulb lights need to be a full thousand watts because its a tiny filament, now 1 filament at 1000 watts full power, or 1000 watts of LIGHT PRODUCED FRKM 150 WATTS OF POWER IS THE EXACT SAME THING AS THE 1000 WATT FILAMENT LIGHT" now any other further questions you need answered about basic things let me know, I'll hurt your feelings lol, jk, but ya the more you know, knowing half the battle ken

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Fact is, hear me out here, ok, it produces the same light, doesnt matter the wattage, it's the light not the wattage that grows your plant, now hear me, I know what you're gonna say, "I'm quoting you right now as I quote what im saying lol, but King David, how come it's always about the watts, well my good man the reason for that is, hear me out, it's because hps hid all bulb lights need to be a full thousand watts because its a tiny filament, now 1 filament at 1000 watts full power, or 1000 watts of LIGHT PRODUCED FRKM 150 WATTS OF POWER IS THE EXACT SAME THING AS THE 1000 WATT FILAMENT LIGHT" now any other further questions you need answered about basic things let me know, I'll hurt your feelings lol, jk, but ya the more you know, knowing half the battle ken
That’s a big negative, buncha BS and misleading for the new grower. Good luck and happy grows.

FourthCity

FourthCity

There are ways to measure a lights output beyond watts, like lumens, lux, par, etc. Use any of those correctly and you will find that you are wrong with your comparisons.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Still no

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

David let me try this again in a way that may make more sense.

Just like hid required 1000w led requires 30 true watts per sq ft to best perform in flower as @MIMedGrower said. This has been peer agreed after many many grows of testing by many many ppl.

Now there maybe a slight few watt variance depending on the actual efficacy of the led used but I can say mars is not top of the list here.

I understand as do these growers what you are saying and there have been many many debates on this over the years.

In all honesty you want 30 true watts per square foot to get optimal results. You can grow with less sure and maybe even produce a decent yield and quality bud. But the results would be much better if you provide the 30w per sq foot.

Top Bottom